Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

True Rune for Suikoden VI
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: True Rune for Suikoden VI Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I read through all of the Suiko VI threads and didn't see one souley dedicated to the next true rune that we will see in Suikoden VI, so I figured I would create a thread to just discuss that and that alone. Everyone has speculated on the possible future runes - I heard a flora rune and others discussed in other threads.

The question is, what rune would you like to be the next True Rune in the upcoming suikoden title?

I would personally like to see the Beast rune as the next true rune, or the Soverigne Rune. I want to see a true rune from a previous game come back so we can learn more about it. what do you guys think? Are there original runes that you think stand a chance of being used? It wouldn't have taken a genius to come up with the Sun Rune being a true rune, since there was already a Moon Rune. Speculate away! (or if there is a thread about this and I missed it, close the thread)

I hate you Onimaru.
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd frankly like to know a little more about the elemental runes! SuikoIII was pretty much my favorite game, so it stand to reason that I'd want to know what's going to happen with the wind rune, but I think they're more likely to pick up and older rune or introduce a new one rather than use one that's still pretty recent.
Goodness, there's still so much to tell about ALL of the runes, when you think about it, that I'd like to know more about any one of them!

In SuikoIII I seem to remember Queen telling Geddoe a snatch of her own history--which involved a True Rune and losing the person she loved (which statement supports a theory of mine I won't go into right now. :3), and I'd like to know more about that one too..

...so I guess my answer is that I have no idea what they're going to give us next and I'm happy with whatever! O_o

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well of the 27 True Runes we know of the Beast Rune, Blue Moon Rune, Circle Rune, Dragon Rune, Gate Rune (Back Gate Rune & Front Gate Rune), Hachifusa Rune, Night Rune, Rune of Beginning (Black Sword Rune & Bright Shield Rune), Rune of Change, Rune of Life and Death, Rune of Punishment, Sovereign Rune, Sun Rune, True Earth Rune, True Fire Rune, True Lightning Rune, True Water Rune and True Wind Rune

So that is 18 of the 27 True Runes, 9 more still to be revealed. I would be surprised if we do not see another new True Rune or two. No harm in an already known True Rune turning up either.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, maybe the Rune of Change switching hands for the game and becoming stationary due to the gathering of the 108 stars? That would be cool! I'd go for that.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The True runes and their possible tarot counterparts

1Beast Rune- The devil
2Blue Moon Rune- The moon
3Circle Rune- Temperance
4Dragon Rune- The chariot
5Gate Rune - The hermit
6Hachifusa Rune- The fool
7Night Rune- The star
8Rune of Beginning- The world
9Rune of Change- Wheel of fortune
10Soul Eater- Death
11Rune of Punishment- Judgement
12Sovereign Rune - The emperor
13Sun Rune - The sun
14??? - The lovers
15??? - Strength
16??? - The hanged man
17??? - Justice
18??? - The empress
19??? - The magician
20??? - The high priestess
21??? - The high priest
22??? - The tower
---- And the elemental runes
True Earth Rune, True Fire Rune, True Lightning Rune, True Water Rune and True Wind Rune

---
Now assuming that the 27 runes are a derivative of the tarot trump cards, the next logical runes would be something to do with:

Justice (justice trump, duh)

Love (which would be lame but this would fit the empress category)

Wisdom (possibly the magician/pope counterpart)

Destruction (but this would probably be shown at the end of the series, the tower trump card)

----

I am not sure about the other trump cards.

Last edited by ferrouslupusrex on Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suspect that we will a True Rune based on moral or ethic character and not a cosmic or elemental based True Rune this go around. The Elemental True Runes pretty much are all taken care of and I would doubt that they would feature a True Rune we have already seen. The Rune of Change and Circle Rune would not be featured unless the game will be in the past, which I imagine the creators will not do because they need to start pushing the series forward. Besides, they can highlight a True Rune that can tie the past to the future.

With the political climate the way it is today, we have already had a True Rune that can act like a nuclear weapon, I suspect the creators will try to spawn a True Rune that can reflect their vision for the current world through Suikoden. With that said, I really have no idea, but I suspect it will focus on more destructive qualities than we have been used to.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know much about Tarot, but wouldn't the Beast Rune be more akin to Strength? And on that note, Hachifusa seems more like The Devil! The Fool sounds to me more like it should have to with loneliness or loss. I might be stretching too much on that last one, though.

ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The beast = The devil. Both are Animal instincts. Hachifusa is badass but it is more of 'the fool' qualities which kind of makes sense because yuber is certainly showing utter foolishness what with his pathetic mastery of a rune that he has already held for a LOOOOOONG time. It makes you wonder if Yuber's strength is not because of his true rune but his experience (his long life spent on battles would have hone his battle savvy to a considerable degree).
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What are the characteristics of The Fool? And of Strength?

ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The fool:
Beginning ------ Inconsequence ------ Innocence ------ Freedom
Spontaneity ------ Originality ------ Happiness ------ Non-criticism
No attachment ------ Initiative ------ Adventure ------ Irresponsibility
Inexperience ------ Immaturity ------ Optimism ------ Boldness
Carpe Diem ------ Creative Chaos ------ New Beginnings ------ Foolhardiness

Strength:
Self control ----- Being solid ----- Patience ----- Compassion
Composure ----- Stability ----- Perseverance ----- Moderation
Kindness ----- Gentleness ----- Slowness ----- Softness
Serenity ----- Comprehension ----- Discipline ----- Inner strength
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah! So Hachifusa (or atleast, Yuber) truly does fit The Fool, except the whole happiness and inexperienced bit.

By looking at these qualities, Roundier Haia would make a great candidate for the Strength-based True Rune! Well, except, maybe the whole slowness thing. Nothing about the Falcon Rune says slow! Everything else fits, though.

ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And the sovereign rune IS the most broken of all runes. I mean all magic attacks are nullified. It makes you wonder how Konami can explain how Tir and co beat Barbarossa.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it is more along the lines of magical effect, not magical damage or healing. Otherwise, it itself would not work. I also do not believe it is effective against true runes, though we have no evidence either way.

ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also if the translation in S2 is correct, Leknaat indicated that the rune of the beggining IS the most vital of all the true runes which means that possibly at the end of the series the bearer would be the pivotal character.

And oddly the souleater should not even be considered as the rune of life and death (because it is already a perfect rune and merely shows the essence of death). I guess they just give that as a nickname for dramatic effect.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, Soul Eater has it's own duality, too. It encompasses the whole cycle of life, as well as the pain of living while others die. Sometimes the dualities are much more subtle, but they're there. This is shown if you think of how the rune gains power. It does not gain power through death, but rather through the life cycle completing itself.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: