Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What happens in the True Rune dream scenes if...(spoilers)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: What happens in the True Rune dream scenes if...(spoilers) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was just wondering what would happen if you decided not to attack the people when you are in battle against them. What if you chose to defend, what would happen? Would they beat you to a pulp? Will some different scene occur?

Beating those ghosts gives us the reward of the new spells for the True Rune. But can you choose not to fight? And if so, would so lose those spells?

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I recall correctly you cannot progress through those memory sequences without defeating each memory. The whole point of having the dream sequences is to show the growth of the hero in reference to how he handles the Rune of Punishment.

If he succumbs to the memories or chooses not to defeat them, then the hero would essentially be consumed by the Rune of Punishment since not defeating the memories essentially leads to his death. Therefore, I believe the hero must defeat every memory to show his true ownership of the Rune of Punishment and would not be able to proceed otherwise.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I defended for a turn for one of the battles but nothing happened so I went ahead and killed the memory person.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I defended against them the first time and the battle doesn't do anything. The memories don't attack you and you don't attack them so it's basically a stalemate till you decide to attack. Really I always thought it was bad to attack the memories and instead to accept them and take them in. But after reading Revolving Sphere's post it I totally change my outlook on everything. It makes alot of sense that attacking the memories is a way of not letting the Rune consume you like the other owners and is essentially the reason why the Hero is able to put the rune into it's forgiveness state.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn;t want to attack either. Then I thought that maybe by attacking them, they were being released by the rune into the afterlife. Then, I changed my mind.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wondering if this was sort of like the Jowy situation I tried defending for 10 consecutive rounds against Brandaeu. Nothing happened and I eventually attacked the shadow.

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only shadow I tried not to attack on my second play-through was Graham Cray's son.

All of the others have lines like "Kill me... please..." but the poor child just wants some bread, so I never felt too happy about having to attack him.

So, yeah, you pretty much have to 'release the damned souls' trapped within. Oh well.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*laughs* That's the ghost I tried not to attack, too. I think I lasted five turns before my patience wore out and I killed the poor lil tike.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ha......on my first playthrough i attacked them all as quick as i could because i thought they would be pretty strong foe's, i was wrong. :)
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This brings up a point and that if the assumption that for user of the rune there is a spell....Brandeau would have only had the first and second spells.

I think that he used #2 on the knights since it was a multi attack.

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Goldmember wrote:
Ha......on my first playthrough i attacked them all as quick as i could because i thought they would be pretty strong foe's, i was wrong. :)

:lol: Ditto.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you don't attack, they don't do anything.
Every time you enter those scenes, it is actually the Rune trying to eat away your soul. After using it, its extreme power takes a toll on your body and leaves your mind weakened. You have to fight the previous owners up to fifteen years back. We can assume that the kid had no idea what he was doing, but maybe Brandeau managed to hold on to his body longer and defeat enough of the past owners.
As it were, when you defeat Glen, you are the only Soul left for the Rune of Punishment, and it cannot feed on any Soul to try and overpower yours.
... At least that's my understanding. I still wonder who the woman is that you see at the end.. Is it the Rune itself?
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No it's speculated to be the Queen of Obel who had the rune for 15 years before it consumed her.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

She is wearing the same clothes as Flare is in the ending so it is probably the queen.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Speculation nothing, we -know- it's her. The only speculation left is whether she is the Hero's mother or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: