Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The best sporting event you ever went to.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shuxion

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: The best sporting event you ever went to. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well if you don't kniow what the Spring Koshien is, it is the Spring National Invatational Baseball tournament at Hanshin Koshien Stadium. I went this year because my buddies wifes youngest brother (There got it that time) was in it.
The best High School teams in Japan head to the stadium for a great tournament and I must say, the passion is second to none.

I have been to Super Bowl 36, with my Troy Brown jersey, went to a world cup game in Foxboro, 1994. I have been to wrestle mania (15) the one in Boston! And I have been to the 199 MLB All-star game and I will tell you that Koshien was the most fun I have ever had at a sporting event.

Not just because of the culture shock and the pretty girls (Which I couldn't stare at because my Girlfriend was with me and had me under watch if you know what I mean) but the atmosphere was just great.

So what was your best event?
Where was it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to say that my most memorable sporting event was when I went to watch the New England Patriots win their 21st game in a row, which was, incidentally the last game in that record setting streak. The game itself was so-so, I think the Patriots won 13-7, so it wasn't a real high scoring affair. However, I know that I was at a historic game, since that is the winning streak record. Plus, the atmosphere was the big thing. There were all kinds of things that the crowd got into that you just don't get to experience when you're watching it on television. For example, whenever the Patriots would get a first down, the announcer would come and and say "And that's enough for another Patriots'..." and the crowd would respond with "FIRST DOWN!!" It was just a great time to be able to get so involved as a spectator. And even though it was against the New Jersey Jets, and there were a few sitting in our section, there was never any mean spiritedness to things. Maybe it was because we were winning, but we'd go back and forth with those fans, but in a friendly sort of way. So, all in all, it was a great time. Plus, Gillette Stadium is a pretty nice place too.

~Uguu!~
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't been to too many sporting events, just a non-televised game between the Vancouver Canucks and Ottawa Senators which the Canucks won and a soccer event with a friend, the details of which I cannot recall.

The only other events which I have been to which could be regarded as sporting events are a number of WWE/WCW shows. I've been to two which were televised: WWF International Incident and WCW New Blood Rising and a number of house shows. Of the wrestling events, I would like to say International Incident was the best, with the inclusion of Owen Hart, British Bulldog, Yokozuna among others on the card, but our view was partially blocked by a production pillar, leaving roughly 1/3 of the ring visible.

So, I will have to say the best sporting event I've been to was the Canucks vs. Senators game.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The best sporting 'event' i have been to has to be the 2002-2003 Champions League Quarter Final Second Leg at Old Trafford between Manchester United and Real Madrid

Manchester United were 3-1 down from the first leg and need a big win to secure a passage through to the semi-finals.

As it happened Manchester United won 4-3 but went out after the aggregate score ended 6-5 in Real Madrid's favour.

That was the best most entertaining Manchester United match that i have been to to date.
shuxion

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sailor Sexy wrote:
I would have to say that my most memorable sporting event was when I went to watch the New England Patriots win their 21st game in a row

I think that was the one where they beat Seattle. I have been to one PATS game at Gilette Stadium and it was a 41-21 loss to the hated Colts :(

That must have been great.

I remember being in New Orleans for SB 36 and the tickets I won from an ebay auction (I don't want to talk about how much I paid for them.....SIGH) I sat next to a group of St. Louis Rams fans and heard "THE GREATEST SHOW ON TURF" for the first 3 hours prior to the game.

They were silent when Vinaterri hit the game ending field goal..... It was classic.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

shuxion wrote:

I think that was the one where they beat Seattle.

Nope, actually it was against the New Jersey Jets (I will NOT call them a New York team when they don't even play in the state) and there was quite a turnout of Jets fans because the Red Sox had come back from that 0-3 deficit to beat the Yankees and knock them out of the playoffs, so they didn't have anything better to do. Glad to see them lose again. Hate them so much!

~Uguu!~
shuxion

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Sailor Sexy"]
shuxion wrote:

I think that was the one where they beat Seattle.

Nope, actually it was against the New Jersey Jets /quote]

Hell, that is even better, screw the Jets!!!!!

Maybe the Seattle game was when they tied the record!!!

Still anytime the Jets and Yankees lose, it is sweet for me. Maybe the Sox could finally score a run now that Scott Kazmir is out of the game!!!!!
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nothing can beat a football (soccer) crowd - just yesterday I went to the debut game for my local team in the A-League ... an Australian football league. Anyway previous franchises have bombed up in Auckland, but now that the team has been moved to Wellington, the Phoenix team support is just awesome.

To put things in perspective, NZ and Aus are both used to 'rugby crowds' where everyone sits quietly in their seats and claps when someone scores. If anyone gets up and jumps about people tell them to sit down. Oh what a different atmosphere there was at the first Phoenix game. The previous Auckland team's highest crowd was 9800, our first game put 14000 fans into the stadium and a rabid group of supporters calling themselves "Yellow Fever" (including myself) brought the football crowd mentality to the stadium and man did we roar. I can barely speak today for all the shouting/cheering that we did, there's nothing quite like a good crowd chant to get a team and the crowd itself pumped up.

The game itself... Wellington Phoenix in their first game were 2-0 down to the reigning champs Melbourne Victory at 70 mins, then in the last 15 the crowd stepped up the noise and spurred Phoenix on to score and then equalise, with a couple of tantalisingly close shots at the death that could have stolen us victory. By the end of the match every time the ball went to any of our players in attacking positions the entire crowd was on their feet cheering at the tops of our voices spurring the boys on. It ended a draw but man I'm still pumped at the atmosphere we created. That was just the first game and we raised a lot of interest in football in our nation, hopefully this is only the beginning of the club's form and the crowd's noise.

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Naked female wrestling!!!

Harrr! :mrgreen:
Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Last Saturday, I went to my school's football game on campus. I originally went with my parents, but soon caught up with some of my friends. They were actually kind of boring, so I left and found yet another one of my crews!

The rest of the afternoon was pretty much an open invitation to belligerence. As for icing on the cake, this was the largest opening day crowd in my school's history and my team won.

As for pro sports, I haven't been to one in a few years. I need to get my ass moving, though, because my friends caught a Rockies game two months ago and, based on their report, I really missed out.

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
zincbrain

Uttuku

441117 Potch
200 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The world cup a year back. I saw the finals and the quarterfinals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: