Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A distinct lack of Millit...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Emissary Peregrine

First Corps of Royal Emissaries

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: A distinct lack of Millit... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has anyone else noticed that certain verified places from the games are missing on our war map? I can understand Sindar locations not being there, but where are the other places. Yeah, those other places. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a Grassland village called Millit?

-Will Rogers

Take the diplomacy out of war and the thing would fall flat in a week.

-Ibid.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, each nation can only have 10 regions by default, so I didn't include every single location. Also, one single village won't typically qualify as a "region." I may add more regions in the future though, if such a need airses.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, not only did I entirely misread the first post, but I posted at the same time as SARS, which made my comment look even sillier.

*goes back to his corner*

Last edited by Beecham on Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like to think of them as regions or city-states; I think that there are smaller, rural towns in between the large areas. The ones on the map are just the big guns.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well Karaya Village isn't on the map so I doubt Millit would be.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Millit Village, if indeed in the region SARSadmin has placed it on the world map (and I see no reason to dispute that) would be located in the region of the Field of Golden Arrows, currently under the control of the Tinto Republic.

Obviously, naming an entire administritive region after one small village would be pretty weird when you consider there are probably dozens and dozens of large towns in each region that we've simply never heard of.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you look at the Scarlet Moon Empire, there are many confirmed locations missing because we saw much more than 10 of them in Suikoden I. Jowston should be the same way. The only reason some nations have every known location represented by their own region, like Highland, is that we barely saw any of the country.
The Emissary Peregrine

First Corps of Royal Emissaries

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And here I thought I had a good question.

-Will Rogers

Take the diplomacy out of war and the thing would fall flat in a week.

-Ibid.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well your question was actuallly a good one, it's just that you might not realize that each nation can only have 10 areas at the beginning because you only joined about two months ago and not at the start of the war game. So don't feel bad, The Emissary Peregrine.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The funny thing is that Highland used to have eleven regions...too bad people took notice. :cry:

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm afraid you King is far too honest Lunarblade.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Funky, there were 101 territories? And an extra in -Highland- of all places? Aren't you guys crowded as it is? I'm surprised something fit. I'm curious now though: what was the name of the territory that got axed?
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't actually remember, but it was between Ryube and North Sparrow Pass - I think.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

-Wow.- Wonder what the territory would have been. Perhaps that forest that Riou and Jowy used to play in? Does that place have a name?

*blinks!* Gah, SARS, you evil man! You updated the map without telling us! I went to check the map to see the name of the territories there, and there's a hella lot more icons than there used to be. You're going to make me need to come up with a new strategy for listing battles now that those corners are taken >.< At least I already had one for forts, but the rest? I'm guessing the terrain type still won't come into play this phase, since there's been no mention of it yet?

Anyway, erm, back to what I was about to say, I just checked the map and there's no room for anything between those territories. They're -touching- on the map; forget even a road being there. Which brings me to my next question: are all Highland territories that touch each other connected, since there's no room to put a road there? I assume so, otherwise you can't actually get to Kyaro, but is that true for -all- the connections?
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Umm that forest was to the North-East of Kyaro if I recall correctly. You can see the little patch of trees to the North-East when you exit Kyaro. It does have a name but I cannot remember at the moment.

*blinks* *Doesn't see the updated map yet.* Well those icons......that would be my fault heh......I'm assuming thats the map hes using as I've updated it so that it includes Capitals, Forts and Region types for each region. The additions were made because of a new Government system we're thinking of implementing within Harmonia but it seems SARS liked it and will use it for the actual suikox battlefields. I believe that the actual type of field will come into play soon enough (possibly a boost to Cavalry in the plains with a deduction in other regions and the like). I wouldn't try and work on the plans too hard out unless you wish to update ALL the time because I doubt SARS is going to slow down with the updates any time soon. He seems to be in an update frenzy and it looks like he is enjoying this too haha.

*blinks* Whe? Well it would seem that SARS altered the map HEAVILY yet again :lol:. Mind you as much is to be expected. I always felt there weren't enough connections between certain cities in the old map though so perhaps adding more connections would be a good thing.

EDIT: It seems SARS is editing the map at the moment so I'll check it within a few hours and hopefully we see what he comes up with. *awaits new battle map* :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: