Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Initial Konami Press Release for TGS 2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Admiral Ackbar wrote:
Then again, Suiko6 isn't even official yet, is it?

Nein, mein Ackbar.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's everything but official. Hence why we're on the edge of our seats about its official announcement. We all know it's coming, but for some reason we're still in suspense.

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, I'm still afraid that it may never happen. Paranoia, I suppose!
I know that sounds pessimistic, but I can't help but hold my breath until there's a real official announcement.

It would be silly of Konami, though, to dump a franchise like Suikoden. It's not so much that it's a cash-cow (Well, it actually sells REALLY well in Japan. It sells moderately well in the States and elsewhere too, but it's certainly nothing record-breaking), but they'd lose a really devoted bunch of fans if they dumped it. Also, I can't help but hope that the creators themselves are attached to it all as we are.

(Disclaimer: I have re-read this post and I don't think there's anything weird in it—but if there is, please forgive me. I am on some serious cold medicine right now and I am looo~py.)

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Er...It doesn't sell that great in Japan, Harmonian Hiccup. It sells more there than in any other territory, but it's not a cash cow. Suikoden V ionly sold 192,297 copies during it's first run in Japan and none of the Suikodens have broken half a million sold in Japan.

However, I don't think they're going to cancel it. They're putting out way too much merchandise for a series they plan to sweep under the carpet- in Japan, new official mangas and books have been coming out every couple months since Suikoden V came out! There's a definate interest at Konami in keeping the series in fan's minds.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
LadyNite

63615 Potch
3 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But its the only one RPG by konami i've ever heard ....
Come on .... im thrilled about next month....it said that it will give us some surprise isn't it ??? Be patient ! Lord will coming ! hehehe
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Before Suikoden IV, Suikoden sales were relatively good in Japan, and as it has a cult status amongst it's fan base, I can't see any reason for Konami to bench it.

Vextor wrote:
Suikoden 1: 163,841 units sold
Suikoden 2: 344,184 units sold
Suikoden 3: 377,729 units sold
Suikoden 4: 311,815 units sold
Suikoden 5: 192,297 units sold

Source: famitsu
Djungelurban

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
Er...It doesn't sell that great in Japan, Harmonian Hiccup. It sells more there than in any other territory, but it's not a cash cow. Suikoden V ionly sold 192,297 copies during it's first run in Japan and none of the Suikodens have broken half a million sold in Japan.

Well, 192297 copies are still 192297 copies. I remember that the second Baten Kaitos game was released the same week (which one definitely could view as a rival) and Suikoden V outsold that game with like 150000 copies... Maybe more... Anything over 150000 sold is probably pretty OK in any case.
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Although it didn't sell as much as the others, Suikoden V still sold enough to be deemed as a moderate success. 100,000 copies is the general mark for a success. It may not be enough to warrant another title in a series, however. As said, though, it seems Konami makes new games for reasons that are not wholly financial, and the merchandising seems to be going strong in Japan. With that in mind, I'm quite expectant of an announcement in the coming weeks! :D

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They've merchandised SuikoV more than any other—it's surprised me how much, actually. I guess the SuikoIII manga was successful enough that they felt like they could take a little bit of a chance on V.
Anyway, who knows what factors go into deciding all this anyway...

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Anyway, who knows what factors go into deciding all this anyway...

That is an interesting statement. I can't remember all the incidences but just when I think Konami is ready to scrap Suikoden they put the hero of Suikoden V in a dance game. Do you know what I mean? Sales would indicate that Suikoden is not much of a cash cow in any sense but they keep releasing things anyways. They must either realize that this is the only RPG series they have with a fan base, have affection for Suikoden no matter how bad it sells or both. Thats why I think they will continue the series until they are good and ready to conclude it.

And yeah, I hope my dreams aren't shattered but the timing does seem right for a Suikoden announcement.
HarmonianHiccup

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait-what what?? Thet put the Prince in a dance game?? It's got to be DDR because Konami owns that franchise. Which version is he in? I must have it! :3

poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know the title, but it's just some beat-game or something. You can view a video of the song/Prince on the Japanese Suiko V website (well, the only Suikoden V website I guess, since Konami has once again chosen to ignore us American fans--they even closed Konami Stars!).

Hugging Hippies

82515 Potch
0 Soldiers
93935 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

HarmonianHiccup wrote:
Wait-what what?? Thet put the Prince in a dance game?? It's got to be DDR because Konami owns that franchise. Which version is he in? I must have it! :3

I think skymansxeno might be refering to Pop'n'Music. It isn't really a dance game, more of a "learn how to play the song" game, but some of the characters do dance.
You can watch clips with the Prince in it here and here.

There's also a similar game called IIDX RED, which features the Admiral of the Seas remix of Suikoden V with a pretty cool little video. You can watch that one here
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love the Admiral of the Seas one, but I couldn't imagine being able to play that well, let alone as good as that guy! :shock:

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: