Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Initial Konami Press Release for TGS 2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

HarmonianHiccup wrote:
...maybe they'll finally release the freakin' Gaidens in the States in some sort of collection...*wishful thinking*

I hate to be a pessimist, but I think the only way the Suikogaidens will reach the states is if some fan translates the whole of the game.

Although given that Rhapsodia/Suikoden Tactics came out in the US, that does bode well for any new sidestories, if announced, to come out on the west side of the Pacific.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:

I hate to be a pessimist, but I think the only way the Suikogaidens will reach the states is if some fan translates the whole of the game.

Didn't anyone ever tell you that it's cruel to burst the bubble of an airhead? ;)
((Maybe I should take on that translation task. It's just a matter of finding the time...))

Frankly, I'm surprised that there haven't been MORE side stories. I mean, there have been oodles of sequels to games that seemed all-encompassing, but there's SO much possibility with how open the Suikoden world is you'd think they'd have taken more advantage of it.

I wonder if we will get some sort of III gaiden? Out of all of the games I felt like that one had the most un-told stories.

At any rate, I guess all we can do is wait and see (and hope!).

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Malvagio

Liberatori di Inferno

26524 Potch
63 Soldiers
123938 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

HarmonianHiccup wrote:
Yes, Suikoden V at least. It wasn't so bad last time thought because we'd just had IV and Tactics so recently. I think alot of fans (me included) were surprised to see another so soon! Also, we've got the problem as to which platform(s) it will ultimately end up on to worry about...

I definitely agree with that, it was hardly a year Suikoden IV and Tactics had been released side to side....so the anticipation wasn't so built up inside of me when a little less then a year afterwards Suikoden V is released. Now were going on a year and a half since Suikoden V had been released....so I'd rather wait more so I actually want to play the next title * if there is one let's hope*

But yeah the gaming platform could go either way, or hell it would be nice if it was available on all three that are on the market. Would attain more fans that way. I remember it took 3 years for Suikoden II to be released from the Suikoden I title, was neat to see the story was written coinicidentally 3 years after the events of Suikoden I. Pretty clever Konami!

"Devoted Protector of Lord Logg and Lady Valeria"
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If they release it to all three systems, they better keep the games exactly the same. I don't want any lame plot holes created by them tweaking different versions for each system!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Please... for the love of god... not another thread hijacking about which system it'll be on... I beg of you...

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So it's August 17th... Where's the announcement?
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There was an announcement by many companies, but Konami didn't announce any of their titles. It seems Konami doesn't want to reveal their titles early on (other than MGS). The next timing when TGS will release event plans would be September 13th. However, magaznes will probably get advanced info by then, so who knows what we can expect in the next month.
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, we've waited two years, what's another month? :wink:

I suspect we'll get an announcement in Shonen Jump magazine, just like we did with Suikoden V.

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vertius wrote:
Ah, we've waited two years, what's another month? :wink:

I suspect we'll get an announcement in Shonen Jump magazine, just like we did with Suikoden V.

Just put a nice marker on my grave because I'm simply going to die of suspense.

Anyway, we'll still probably have to wait a year anyway after it being announced before we can actually get our hands on the thing. :/ Oh well.

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Basel

34652 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

HarmonianHiccup wrote:
Anyway, we'll still probably have to wait a year anyway after it being announced before we can actually get our hands on the thing. :/ Oh well.

If Konami is planning to have a campaign similar to Suikoden V, we can expect Suikoden VI in 6-9 months. However, knowing that MGS4 release is planned for March, Suikoden might get delayed, I hope not.
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just want to know that it is coming out and maybe see a little character art - a little something to keep the SVI speculation alive and well.

I hate you Onimaru.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Additionally, most other colsole game developers didn't announce anything as well. Most of the announced titles were for PC games. It seems like a common strategy for console game developers this year to not annouce their products in advance for this TGS.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
Additionally, most other colsole game developers didn't announce anything as well. Most of the announced titles were for PC games. It seems like a common strategy for console game developers this year to not annouce their products in advance for this TGS.

Any idea why?

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's because they know they've got a captive audience in the lot of us and they like to make us sweat. T_T

I also think that more and more companies are holding off on laying down their cards earlier than they have to. I guess alot of them feel like springing stuff out all of a sudden helps them get a jump on competition (at least this is what it felt like back when I was with GS) and I can see that to a certain degree, but there's also the problem then of some really good games sliding in under the radar and never getting noticed because they got too little publicity too late.

Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dammit, they just need to release some character art, even if its just a single picture. I remember back when Suiko3 was announced, they released a single black and white picture of Chris, Hugo, and Geddoe. There was no color, it was just ink outlines, their names were never revealed, and the picture was small and not scanned very well. But we ate it up and obsessed over it until Konami released more.

We need something to keep us going.

Then again, Suiko6 isn't even official yet, is it?

^Actual quote!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: