Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Initial Konami Press Release for TGS 2007
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Initial Konami Press Release for TGS 2007 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A press release by Konami became available on the official TGS site, which doesn't mention Suikoden (yet), but here's the text (translated by me)---

Konami will again have a large booth at the center to show our rich display of products for all customers. These include previously unspoken titles and new titles with special trailers, events, and test plays -- a lineup to satisfy the expectation of customers. Specifically, the Metal Gear Solid series has reached its 20th year, and it's most recent installation "Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots" will surely gain the attention of the world. We will also have other new titles that will surprise everybody. Please look forward to the Konami booth this year.

--

A followup press release will become available on August 17th which would include game titles, so we'll learn more then. However, at least we know they'll be showing "new titles" at the TGS.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We have to wait for August 17th for titles? What's that, 7 days, 23 hours, 22 minutes, and 19 seconds from now (JST)?

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think they´ll just anounce a bunch of Metal gear games.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If a Suikoden game is to be announced, it'll probably be announced at a Japanese event. TGS is as good as anywhere. I remember Suikoden V was announced at a smaller event pre-TGS-- so perhaps we'll see that again. Who knows.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Djungelurban

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, that's too long... The anticipation is killing me here. Can't Konami give us some slack, being the ever devoted fanbase that we are. Leak... leak... leak...
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm just trying not to think about it. If I think about it, I'll have an unhealthy rise in blood pressure. :P
I just really wish they wouldn't leave us on the hot-seat like this! Ah well, I guess we'll know one way or another by the end of the week.

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hasn't Konami had a predisposition to announcing Suikoden games at the TGS as well? I seem to remember other Suikoden games being announced at this event.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

HarmonianHiccup

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, Suikoden V at least. It wasn't so bad last time thought because we'd just had IV and Tactics so recently. I think alot of fans (me included) were surprised to see another so soon! Also, we've got the problem as to which platform(s) it will ultimately end up on to worry about...

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If it isn't announced here then where would it be?
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden IV was revealed in early September of 2003, so it was shortly before TGS. Suikoden V was similar. I don't quite recall how things were back when Suikoden III was released, but they did have a playable demo at the TGS back in 2001.
HarmonianHiccup

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

According to RPGamer.com, Vextor, IV was released in the US in January of '05—I remember, I was working at GameStop when we still had it new. I think III was in September of '03 three because you couls still find SuikoIII fanstuffs in Japan in the mainstream stores when I was there in the summer of '04.
I could be wrong, of course. :)

Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah yeah....Vextor is talking about reveal dates not release dates though. :P
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Between this and the germany show, maybe something will pop up for us hehe. I'm still expecting a side game to tie us over or something though, not that I have any basis for why I think that. Perhaps it's just my biased want for one, hehe ^^

-My DeviantArt-
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
Suikoden IV was revealed in early September of 2003, so it was shortly before TGS. Suikoden V was similar. I don't quite recall how things were back when Suikoden III was released, but they did have a playable demo at the TGS back in 2001.

Ah. I'm probably thinking about Suikoden videos or other media released at TGS for some reason. I just seem to recall that Konami has had a tendency to release some form of Suikoden information at TGS.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

HarmonianHiccup

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Goldy wrote:
Ah yeah....Vextor is talking about reveal dates not release dates though. :P

Whoop, my mistake. I mis-read his post!

...maybe they'll finally release the freakin' Gaidens in the States in some sort of collection...*wishful thinking*

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: