Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Statistical Updates
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Highland Barracks

Hoards Of Editor People

398316 Potch
149885 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Statistical Updates Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is something that Highland and her allies have enjoyed for some time now and the time you can have one in your home has finally come! The weekly stat update is an interesting post filled with all sorts of statistical information, such as up-to-date total posts, words, topics and so on of all nations, the increases in said variables (and more) over the past week for each nation, as well as the individual members in your own country. To top it all off, there is a custom scoring (all credit to fuji) that gives each person a measure of their activity over the past week. There's a weekly winner who receives a very special prize indeed.

As others can attest, it attracts a lot of attention and shows you how your nation stacks up to the others. It's also just a lot of fun to look at. Of course, we're not giving it away. Each update comes at the small price of 50,000 potch. There are two exceptions. If there is a Highland ambassador in your nation (you know who you are), then you can receive the update from them for free. When there are no ambassadors, but you are still allied with Highland (i.e. between phases), then your price is halved to 25,000 potch per update.

We aren't stupid though (well, most of us) and we realize not everyone has seen this and won't shell out cash for it just because we say it's beyond cool. So, one of you nation higher ups send me a PM and the first one (whether you've seen it before or not) is entirely free. I'll send you the update information, some general info, and instructions. After that, you can decide if you want more at the prices previously mentioned. No weekly commitment, just any time you want one.

Thanks all for listening and hopefully, we'll be doing business with your nation soon.

Guarding potch for the good of the King.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And there are some nations who'd rather make their enemies do the work instead of having the info neatly presented for all to see. Especially when you may very well be paying your enemy to do what they already do in their leaders forum.
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As Guildmistress of the HVG, I take a bit of offense to this. To pay someone else to do something that we may do ourselves, or that other nations could just as easily do themselves? And then charge the people not your allies potch for the service? It would be easy enough [and potch saving] for those nations to just compile and share the information themselves for free, instead of paying one nation to do such things.

~~Mme. Geddoe, Guildmistress of the Howling Voice Guild

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Agreed with Leb and Geddoe.

No reason for us to pay for something that we alreayd have, or are capable of doing.

Nice try to get our cash, though. Sorry, but that ain't gonna work. ;)

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe those nations who are charged should do it themselves then?
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Who says we don't?
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So there is no problem here then?
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
Maybe those nations who are charged should do it themselves then?

You missed my point - why should those of us who do it ourselves pay someone else to do it and waste the potch? To what purpose would we be giving them our money for?

It's not so much a problem, but why offer it to nations that already have some sort of system like this in place? It just seems very scammy to me. They're doing it for their friends for free, other countries may do the same for their allies for free, so theoretically, the paying market for this service has the possibility to be very low.

Last edited by Geddoe on Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not following your logic, Uji.

We do the work ourselves, but we're supposed to be okay with Highland being paid for their particular work...? Allies freely exchange this kind of information (Highland Barracks more or less states this by dictating that information has been and will continue to be free for their allies).
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, you mean "why should Highland make money from something we do as well?" - I don't know, start your own service. :P

Geddoe wrote:
You missed my point - why should those of us who do it ourselves pay someone else to do it and waste the potch? To what purpose would we be giving them our money for?

Well, it isn't mandatory if I'm understanding it correctly.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My problem is that this isn't a data collection service. Highland has already collected the information for itself to further its agenda in the war game. We all do this. But now this information is trying to be pawned off to Highland's enemies and those not allied with her.

Last edited by Leb on Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:48 am; edited 3 times in total
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How does it concern you when someone else pays Highland money for a certain service? Is it envy? I don't understand how anyone could take offense by this.

If you are not interested in Highland's offer, you should just ignore this thread. Just as you don't enter a restaurant and tell the cook that you're offended by his "food for money" concept since you can cook for yourself.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, Moskau, but I can damn well enter that restaurant and tell the cook I have a problem with him buying a steak for dinner and then trying to sell me his leftovers. Turns out second-hand information is just as undesirable as second-hand food.

Last edited by Leb on Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:48 am; edited 4 times in total
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aye.. Let's just all calm down for a second. I understand Geddoe and Leb's concern, and I do agree with you that you shouldn't need to consult Highland to do this type of work, nor should any nation.

This is an offer though, and like iscalio said, if you don't like it, there's no need to take it. Let's not let this get out of control.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is a flaw in this design that I find offensive and entirely lopsided. Believe me, if it was just something I personally wouldn't use, I would only move on and forget about it.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: