Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

About moving and living
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: About moving and living Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do you like moving? how may times have you moved from one place to another? with whom do you live?

I like moving.
I was living with my parents until the age of 17. After I enter the university, I moved into the university dorm for about 3 moths or so. I live with a Korean neighbor Bin, who's a freshman in Indonesian language study, and he can't speak english, so most of the time we used Tarzan language and scrapped Indonesian. The other neighbor is Ken, from Japan. He can speak Indonesian well, and he had a nice collection of J-Rock CD.

After that, I got myself a nice small 2 room flat near my uni. Moving there was pretty harsh, since I had to carry all my luggage and travel there by foot. 3 times going back until all my things transferred there. My life there were pretty crazy. We often had all-night-long all-out party, and that resulted in my so-so (well rather bad, 2.6) score index.

2 months ago, I moved to the second floor of my grandma's house. She's getting sick and need someone to took care of her in case something happenned. Old house is great! I really enjoyed living here even though it takes 1 hours to go to the campus.

Well?

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I moved out from my parent's house when I was 16, and lived in a boarding school until I graduated at 18. Then lived in a college dorm for two years, and after that lived in a number of apartments. Even after graduation, I moved often because of my job, or due to changes in roommates. I have lived with 21 non-family members in the past. I'll probably move again within the next month or so.
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No. I abhor most types of change. Currently, my parents are considering a huge change in life, by attempting to sell their business, and possibly their house. This unnerves me because, not only have I never moved in my life, but I love the house in which I live, and we've stuck by it for years. The place even caught fire once, and even though we had to live in a trailer, in our driveway for six months, we didn't move.

Seriously, it'd be just peachy if I spent my whole life living in this house. (Yes, there's college, yes, I'm living away from home, however, only 45 minutes away from home.)

So yeah, moving would blow.
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have moved a total of four times. I don't really like the whole moving experience, as I tend to take a little while to settle into my nice rut :)

1) Move from Weston to Newmarket. I was four years old, and leaving the ghetto for the suburbs. I have no memory of that move.

2) Move from Newmarket to Cedar Valley. I was seven and remember this day pretty good. We left our modest subdivision house for an acre in the forest, and since it was in August, the pool was open, and I went swimming. I was a little upset because of the room I got, it was alot smaller than my old one, but I loved living there for 14.5 years.

3) Move from Cedar Valley to St. Catharines. Going back to the burbs, and I don't remember everything being as gritty as it is, like when we got broken into over Canadian Thanksgiving weekend and I got taxed for $2000 of stuff, never say that coming. I live with five animals and have the smallest room, but my room is the favored spot of many. I am dying to go back to Cedar Valley in a month.

I have also helped alot of people move, both for family pro bono and for people paying my in cash. My most memorable moving experience was when I was 17 and I got a ride up to Haliburton (the land of lakes and hills about 2.5 hours NNE of Toronto) in my then-bosses BMW. Cool guy, we got ice cream in Kawartha and chatted while listening to the stones. Get up to the cottage which is beautiful*, and the moving guy gets there ten minutes later, and it takes 20 minutes to move all of the stuff he has (mostly light stuff like tables and paintings, small appliances and an air hockey table). I got $60 for the job, and a ride back home from the van driver who turned out to be a really cool guy, and I got home at about 8:00, I took 6 hours on the trip and made $60 for it, crazy.
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Moving stinks. Not because of the change of scenery and something new, but because of the work that's involved and the fact that you have to ask your friends to help you. It's like asking them to take a bullet for you, they don't want to do it, but a good friend would.

I've lived in eleven different homes/apartments and moved ten times in my life and most of them were when I was still living with my immediate family. I've never lived anywhere outside of Michigan and only had one roommate and only at one apartment. The following are cities I've lived in, in chrnological order:

Redford - Lincoln Park - Allen Park - Riverview - Brownstown - Flat Rock - Trenton - Belleville - Woodhaven - Belleville - Belleville

I moved out of my parents home when I was eighteen because I went to college (I don't consider me living at college and thus the city for it is not listed) and when I came back it was no longer ok for me to be there. (I left for college when we were living in Trenton.) I've had 3 different apartments since then and a condo in the four years since I've been back. I don't like moving, but I hate apartment compex management that doesn't take care of maintainence and problems and neighbors that don't like me making noise at night on the weekends or they, themselves, make too much during the workweek.

I'm pretty good where I'm at now though. I've got a nice spot on the third floor with an aparment on a lake with a GREAT view. The air smells nice here and it's close to where I work so I'll probably be here a long while.

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hate moving mostly because I hate travelling, but it is also quite a hassle. But honestly, I've rarely moved, if you can consider what I'm about to describe a "move." The only "move" I've made was to college. I live in the dorms for the school year and move back with my parents for whatever part of the summer that I'm not working. I plan to move into graduate housing (I'll be 5 credits shy of a senior standing at the end of this semester even though I'm only in my sophomore year) since you only have to be upper classman to get into them. If I don't get in there, I'll go for an apartment. But those aren't really moves since they're pseudo-temporary. I have never really moved then I guess. But I really hate making the move here regardless.

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never moved anywhere, and I don't know if I would like it or not, but I would like to try it when I'm old enough to fend for myself.

I also need to get out from here (my house), it's getting empty.

The Crimson Sword

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I left my parents' house at 16. Between 16 and 18 I moved a total of 6 times staying with girlfriends, older friends, or if perchance I found some dump I could afford and still have money for the things you thing are important in your later teen years :lol: . My senior year of hs I met my wife at a party, dated a few months, amore trovato, found a house together, and got married. I hope from that point on I only have one more move that is into a much larger and nicer place after school.
And when your deepest thoughts are broken,
Keep on dreaming boy, cause when you stop dreamin? it?s time to die.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hate moving simply due to the moving things. But despite the hate, I am going to move again in about 2 weeks from now. No idea yet where because it's quite hard to find a place for a student like me. Especially since I'm not rich either. X_X

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Drummsta

Cheesier Monsters!

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have moved 4 times in my life but the first time I was very young so I barely remember it. I hate the kind of moving we did. We basically moved within the same area. I already told my mom that the next time we move it better be somwhere like California or Hong Kong or somwhere reaaaaaaallly far away. Or a condo. Right now I live in the middle of several hydro fields where a real sidwalk does not exist... it sucks but meh whatever.

My neighbourhood is soooooo borrrring! I miss all my old neighbourhood friends... :(

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally hate moving. Sure it is nice to move to maybe a bigger house or apartment, but to me it really just isn't worth it unless you absolutely have to move. I have moved three times in my lifetime and have dreaded it every time. Once into a new house with my parents, a second time to move to my apartment in college, and a third time to switch apartments.

Its not so much the moving in that bothers me, but rather the moving out. Moving in is actually quite enjoyable and can be very exciting. I remember when i first moved in my apartment at college i was really happy to get out of my parent's house and have my own place. I liked having all of my stuff with me and i put everthing where i wanted it. That is the good side of moving though. Your excited to go and in my case i only had minimal things to move with me.

Once it came time to move out i had a different opinion of the matter. Oh how i hate moving out. I was amazed at how much crap i had collected in just two short years. Everytime i thought i was about done packing up my things, i would find more stuff and fill another box up. All the hauling back and forth to my car, then to my new place grew tiring and annoying. I was so annoyed that i was no longer excited about moving into my new apartment. Then once all my stuff was finally out of my old apartment, i had to clean everything so i wouldn't lose my deposit. In the end i swore i would put off moving again as long as possible.

That didn't last long as i am going to have to move again in about 3 months. If there is anything i have learned from my moving experiences it is to start moving stuff out and boxing things up long in advance of the move out date. This is a lesson i learned the hard way and hope i never repeat the feat of moving everything in a single day again. Maybe once i make the millions i am planning to make for myself i will hire someone to move for me. That is a long way away though :D

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been living in this house for nearly 16 years. Can't say I even remember the moving process when I was 4. All the main appliances have been replaced at least once, and the doors are getting slightly warped (the rain season isn't very kind to this house). The neighborhood has deteriorated around my family over the years. It's become a rental neighborhood, with people constantly moving in and out all down my street. Only one family, our immediate next door neighbors, have been here longer than us.

I'd really like for my family to move because we can definitely do better nowadays. There's hardly any room any more, and we don't even have a chance to know the neighbors because they're only there for a few months at a time. Plus, we live 3 minutes away from my old high school--a school that has gotten more and more ghetto by the year. Kids are always ditching by hanging out on people's property while they smoke cigs and litter and whatnot. I would really like to get away from that situation.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can only remember moving about 9 times.

1. We lived in Nigeria. I can't remember a thing about it. I was but a baby.

2.After living in Nigeria for about 2 years, we moved to Singapore. My little brother was born there, but has a Pakistani passport. We lived there for a good four years.

3. In the early 90's we lived in Jakarta and i went to the Jakarta International School (JIS). We moved after living there for four years.

4. We moved from Jakarta to Pakistan. More specifically, to the capital Islamabad. The days would be hot, and the winters would be cold, but not cold enough to snow. Only hail. I saw it as a bad thing then.

5. After living in Islamabad for a year or so, we drove to Lahore, Pakistan's second largest city, only a few kilometers from the Indian border. i had a tough time there. I remember crying alot. :oops: But i was happy to be gone after a year and a half.

6. We returned to Jakarta. We lived a more luxurious life in the Hilton Apartments. I went back to JIS and finished middle school there. But then my dad's contract with the company expired and we moved out of the country...back to Pakistan.

7. We returned to Lahore. I don't remember having pleasent memories the first time there, but life was better the second time there. we only stayed there for a year before going back to Jakarta in the year 2000.

8. My dad started his own business. He couldn't afford the very pricey school fees for getting me into JIS, so we had to go to the Australian International School (AIS). I had a good time there, playing PS and PS2 later in Year 12. I finished my high school there. My dad applied for a visa for the family to migrate to Australia then...

9. So we moved to Perth. Most people asked me "Why Perth?" They had these reasons that perth is too hot, that it's in the middle of nowhere and they all say that i should move to Melbourne. I would have liked to, but i was going to have to be with my family.

So we are currently renting a house. We are looking for a house to buy, that's within our price range. Yeah, i'm 20- years old and still living with my parents. Don't mock me! :( I'll be outta here once i get a job...which will be after i get my Bachelors, god willing. We are getting too big and taking up too much space.

I don't miss friends too much, thanks to the Internet. But moving is so much of a hassle due to moving our things from one house to another. The house we are living in is small, and we can't fit everything in it. Some things are just standing at the back of out house.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well in Indonesia, I've never moved house, at least not that I can remember. I think my parents and my older brother used to live somewhere else before I was born or even when I was like 1 year old or something? I'm not too sure. But since living in Australia for the past 3 years, I've moved twice, and going to move again in the next few weeks.

1. The first place that I live in was an apartment of my older brother's friend's friend. This owner dude went to Canada in a student exchange program, so he rented the place to my brother and his friend. We stayed there for 6 months-ish.

2. Then we moved to a townhouse in North Melbourne area. The place itself is nice, but unfortunately lots of crazy things happening there. The first few months was fine, then there was a drunk guy who kicked down our front door at 3 PM. He was yelling as if he was looking for someone, but then surprised when my brother approached him. He was like "Sorry, wrong house". I was like "WTFWTFWTFWTF Sorry after you break my front door????? GRRRRR If only you're not like a good foot taller and probably 40 kg bigger than me, drunken man!!!!"

Then it went fine until the end of the first year of the contract. So we extended for another year. But boy oboy the second year was scary. First, Melbourne was hit with their worse thunderstorm in about a 100 year or so. And the place leaked like crazy. My brother's room was totally messed due to the leakage, and my housemate's room was a bit leaking. Magically, my room was totally fine. The my brother moved to the living room because the bedroom was unlivable. But then during December 2003-ish, someone threw GIANT rocks through the window at 2 AM. CRAP. I went back to Indonesia, and about a month after, someone threw another giant rock through our windows. Enough was enough, we moved to a different place.

3. So now I'm living in my third place, and unfortunately, we're not able to extend the contract. So we have to move yet again. Sadness. I hate moving places.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have moved around a bit. I lived with my parents until i was 18, then i moved to a place called Carlow town where i spent two years there is college, after college i moved to Dublin for a year and three months to work, then i moved to Waterford where i did another year in college, then i moved back to Dublin for another year and three months to work again, then back to Waterford again for my degree year in college and finally back to Dublin where i am now working full time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: