Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden III: Hidden Stat?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Suikoden III: Hidden Stat? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While I was working with my statistical collection from SUikoden II something puzzling came up. Normally a character's ATTACK stat is their strength plus their weapon value, but monsters have no weapon. In SUikoden II, I know that monster characters have really high strength stats to make them equal to someone with a weapon, but in Suikoden III, the monsters have strength comparable to anyone else's. To adjust their attack stat, another hidden number is assigned as the weapon value. This value is not the same for multiple monsters. Actually, I'm wrong. In my game FUbar and Ruby ended up with the same strength and ATK value, but Bright, Gadget and the dogs have quite a different set of values. This "hidden" number is not based on level, not based on PDF, or not based on any other value I have been able to find. Is it a stat that grows within a random level like the stats we see or is it a special programmed constant, differnet for each monster? Anyone have any ideas?

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Could it be a certain percentage of the strength value? Like 150% or something to that effect? I'd pull my own game out and check, but I'm lazy.

You could check over different levels to see whether it's a constant added to the monster's strength, a growing stat, or a constant percentage. If none of those are the case, then I really have no idea.

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I started writing the values down for Bright somewhere in the high 50's and the value kept moving around in the 260 - 270 range. My Bright ended at level 60 with a STR of 181 and an ATK of 452.

Here are my raw values if anyone wants a go at it. All characters are at level 60.

BRIGHT - STR 181 - ATK 452
RUBY - STR 145 - ATK 362
FUBAR - STR 145 - ATK 362
GADGET Z - STR 128 - ATK 320
KOROKU - STR 84 - ATK 210
KOICHI - STR 83 - ATK 207
KOSANJI - STR 128 - ATK 320
CONNIE - STR 72 - ATK 180
KOGORO - STR 90 - ATK 225

Fubar/Ruby and Gagdet/Kosanji have the same scores. So random growth seems like its not a possibility.

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you do the math, then ATK = 2.5 x STR in all of those cases. So my educated guess at this point is that that is how ATK is formulated for monsters.

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Holy crap that was easy! I was trying things with level plus PDF and all kinds of complicated things like that.

Thanks!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: