Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Speech
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What character should I commemortate?
Chris
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Hugo
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Geddoe
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
Thomas
29%
 29%  [ 7 ]
Percy
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Alia
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Ceclie
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Apple
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Ceasar
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Futch
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Dupa
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Emily
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 24

Cirape

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Suikoden Speech Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since I'm a freak and a fangirl, I have decided that the last speech I do in my speech class--A 'Special Occasion'--speech will be commemorating a Suikoden character ^^
I've narrowed it down to Suikoden 3, since that's the newest that's out in America and I figured if anyone in my class knows Suikoden, its more likely that they'll know S3. However, I can't decide on who to commemorate, so I shall make a poll! Horay for me!
Um, anyway...yeah. I narrowed it down to a few of the more "main" chracters, and a few I just like.
I decided to leave out the "bad guys" for some reason. Mostly cause then I can imagine its some sort of after-war banquet for Fire Bringer, and I REALLY can't see them commemorating Luc or Yuber.
StarlightEx

La Brigade des Loups

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I chose Geddoe, cause he's cool and he has an eyepatch!!

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Go Thomas! Seriously, he deserves some commemoration. If it wasn't for him, the Fire Bringer wouldn't even have a place to stay. He gets allot of character development and although he may not be the strongest person, he still fights for what he beleives is right. And that scene at the end where him and Cecile protect Sasarai from Luc was very memorable. Plus he's the only character in the entire game who has enough guts to stand up to the stupid Zexen council. *Yes I'm looking at you Chris :evil: * And if there are any Suikoden fans in your class, it would great to expose them to the greatness of Thomas! :D

1000 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dupa all the way! The real reason I picked him is because I thought it would be funny to have someone talk about a lizard man like he was a real person. So I guess you can't go by what I say.
Sun_Quan

Luminous Army

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I picked Geddoe, mainly because the guy has ALOT of history behind him, he knew the original Flame Champion, participated in war tons of times, and is officially over 80 years old. Not to mention the outfit he wears throughout the game? Totally awesome! I would LOVE to have a jacket like his in real life.
Kyun Mcdohl

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Futch since hes been in all 3 games and has grown through them and all the experiences hes had would make for the longest and/or best speech.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Caesar, because if anything goes wrong, they'll just think you're talking about Julius.
TheStrategist

Sentinel 8

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I have decided that the last speech I do in my speech class--A 'Special Occasion'--speech will be commemorating a Suikoden character

Wait a second, you can give speeches about Suikoden???Sign me up....I guess I wrote a paper on the 'Outlaws of the March' and how it related to the recent series.....Good luck.....But anyways, I'd go with Geddoe, because he is the only character out of all video games and all the movies that i have seen, that has made a soldier with an eye patch look like a badass. Auron was pretty cool in FFX (actually the only cool character along with Kimahri) but he didn't have a patch...I wonder how Geddoe would look with Sunglasses like Auron's? Hmmm...anyways, if Geddoe doesn't work out so well, I would then go with Futch because he's been in all the wars so far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Cirape

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TheStrategist wrote:
Wait a second, you can give speeches about Suikoden???

Well, its supposed to be some speech for a special occasion, and he said we could make up situations...so I specificaly asked if I could commemorate a fictonal character. So its not really something where I can give speeches about Suikoden, but I decided to be fangirl-y
Actaully... I supposed I could have given the informative speech at the begining of the semester on Suikoden ^^ But I didn't.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I say do Thomas or Hugo. They're the easiest ones to milk the hero angle from, and since they both have their own chapters you can fill up a lot more talk about them instead of say, Emily. I would say Thomas is probably the easiest to do, as you wouldn't need to launch an explanation of the true rune, and the David vs Goliath plot is something which needs less explanation than Hugos'. On the other hand, explaining the true runes and Hugo's longer backstory may be a better asset if you need more time.

I still vote Thomas though. <3

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i also voted for Thomas, for all the same reasons that Excalibur1027 has stated...

lol im really tired to type.
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Go for Caesar! You could build a verbal monument to a man who understands the simple pleasures of a good book and a nap under a tree when he's supposed to be doing his job.
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I picked Percy, because i haven't played suikoden III and i like the name percival.
Cirape

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If the poll isn't already closed ((not that anybody paid attention to it the last few days)), its set to close today, but it doesn't matter since I did the speech already. Thomas won *nods*
And I got an "A" So thanks everybody who helped me out *hugs* ^_^V
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

geddoe; he has the most eloquent morale boosting speech in the entire game out of all the characters. also, he doesn't speak unless he feels it absolutely necessary, which is also a big hit with me. *darn chatty characters*

his background, experience and abilities also make him a first choice for this honor; while others also have good qualities, he stands out well above his peers.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: