Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Victory change for phase 17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd have to agree to this. :) This is a nice and fair change to the system.
Now everyone ccan be capable of catching up in times that we need to use them.

Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What!!!? This rewards the weaklings, those not manly enough to win!!! What about me, FUTCH THE MANLY!? Everyone knows I'm a walking lawnmower with a jackhammer attached, yes, but the victory counts gave that extra punch only big numbers give!

Just kidding, I couldn't give a damn about victory counts. I just hope you have as much fun as possible doing this changes.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looking back, I really don't see how the 25 points for inclusion will make it easier for newer people to catch up. They will get the points for being included in the roster, but so will all the old powerhouses that will still be gathering experience through victories. So you've taken the basic amount of points that one got for being included in a roster from 0 to 25 which makes no difference since it will be issued to the people who need to be in the battle to collect victory experience anyway. The only change that makes it easier to catch up is the half point for losing. Unless my logic is entirely flawed mathematically, which it may be.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Once you get a higher number of Victory Counts, they start to affect your stats less, and less. That, and VCs aren't the only way to 'catch up' to older members. Posting in a healthy manner is really the best way to do it. Look at Tullaryx, he's not even a year old on this site and he's one of the best cavalry generals on the forums. ^^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet Assassin wrote:
Looking back, I really don't see how the 25 points for inclusion will make it easier for newer people to catch up. They will get the points for being included in the roster, but so will all the old powerhouses that will still be gathering experience through victories. So you've taken the basic amount of points that one got for being included in a roster from 0 to 25 which makes no difference since it will be issued to the people who need to be in the battle to collect victory experience anyway. The only change that makes it easier to catch up is the half point for losing. Unless my logic is entirely flawed mathematically, which it may be.

It does give them a head start on getting up to 100, 500, 700, or 1000 REX and unlocking path or regiments. This new system isnt supposed to flip the whole game upside down, after all.

It does, however, encourage militarism. If you can put more people on your roster, then there will be more people that get those 25 exp.

Guard of the Old Way

319192 Potch
250 Soldiers
125 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also you only get the 25 points if you are included on the roster but not used. So if you get used and loose, you'll only net a total of 50 points not 75 points. The way the admins are going to add the points, by doing a base 25 to everyone on the roster, makes it seem a lot more confusing than it is (at least to me, although I know that it makes it easier for them).
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

@ Gil-Galad: Wrong. With the introduction of path and race, victory counts began to affect stats more with the piling.

@ Yvl: You missed the point entirely. Everyone is getting the same base points for being included, therefore it doesn't make any difference in the slightest. It's like saying that you're closer to being the same age as your older brother because you had your birthday. You're still the exact same distance apart.

@ Nimble Jack: I'll have to check again but if I remember correctly from the outline of this new system, all the EXP you gain in a phase stacks, so losing and being included would indeed net you 75, not 50.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet Assassin wrote:
@ Gil-Galad: Wrong. With the introduction of path and race, victory counts began to affect stats more with the piling.

Each victory gives you diminishing returns. You see less of a increase with each one you get.

Quote:
@ Nimble Jack: I'll have to check again but if I remember correctly from the outline of this new system, all the EXP you gain in a phase stacks, so losing and being included would indeed net you 75, not 50.

Not true. See Fuji's example. Pay attention to what Vex gets.

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a question. Will units used in things such as port or fort construction get the experience?

True, it's not a battle, but as Axiose mentioned that experience would be given even if a unit doesn't see battle so it's not exactly clear. Would they get 25 PP?

Are there any options a nation leader could pick for a unit that would not see experience?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Only members on rosters for unforfeited battles, raids, etc will see that base 25 experience.

Building things, destroying things, gathering intelligence without being on the roster, not being used anywhere at all, and other such actions don't count.

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually it is deminishing returns. I think it actually helps the people who don't actually get used in the course of the battle. Every little bit helps after all.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet, you are confused about the regiment experience. Where as a winning unit would get 1 victory count and the loser would get 0, if we kept it in the old format, the winning unit would get 1 victory count, the loser would get half a victory count and the unused unit would get a quarter of a victory count.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, has the new Phase actually started now? We will finally get to see these cool new changes?

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ezekiel wrote:
So, has the new Phase actually started now? We will finally get to see these cool new changes?

Nah, we'll just get an announcement from the almighty admins once phase 17 starts.

Great new changes, by the way. I look forward to seeing this get implemented in the near future.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sage wrote:
Only members on rosters for unforfeited battles, raids, etc will see that base 25 experience.

Why only unfortified? Or was that just an example?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: