Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Victory change for phase 17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RedCydranth wrote:
The "deduction" of 25 points from the initial battle usage makes it more confusing in my eyes. Am I missing something in why that is the method used as opposed to mine?

To make sure Axiose doesn't have any extra work. Using the method described above, the administration can simply add 25 EXP to every single member mentioned on the battle plans, while I will tally all EXP gained through further activity. If I would not use the 25 EXP deduction procedure, Axiose (or another admin) would have to compare my totals and the original battle rosters to find out who still gets the 25 base EXP.

As such, the method described above minimizes the work for the admin in charge.
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm really sorry if this was already asked, but I couldn't find it.

What if someone participates in multiple battles do to blinking mirrors, forfeiting turns, ect..

Does one receive 25exp per battle they participated in? Making it possible to gain even 50exp without actually fighting? Or is the base 25 standard and set amount?

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You get 25 EXP once for being mentioned in the battle plans. You don't get another 25 EXP for not being used elsewhere (even though you might have teleported). The only way to gain experience on top of the 25 base EXP is to actually do something.
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe they should have limits on how many people are allowed to come to a battle? Because couldn't you just bring almost your whole user group to the battle to gain exp in one fight?

Also, if you fight a turn and then forfeit the area, everyone still at least gets 25? Even if you have like 15 units sitting there?

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Masaya wrote:
Maybe they should have limits on how many people are allowed to come to a battle? Because couldn't you just bring almost your whole user group to the battle to gain exp in one fight?

Also, if you fight a turn and then forfeit the area, everyone still at least gets 25? Even if you have like 15 units sitting there?

Uhhh correct me if I'm wrong here, but from memory there already is a 'unit cap' per battle of 9 units, and that wouldn't change because as stated before this is only changing VC's and not anything to do with roster limits.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As Fly said, there is a cap on how many units are at a battle, and always has been.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One key uestion though:

Will Vex's spoon be any less effective due to the change...hopefully not, just wondering.

Thanks.

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Huh? You mean spork I think. Don't get these things confused my friend, it's not a spoon, nor a fork. It's an unholy combination of the two!

I'm looking forward to seeing the other changes/improvements to the system for Phase 17, we've heard little tidbits about deaths and whatnot. Just need to get finished with Phase 16 first ;)
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
After a few more grueling hours, the two finally arrive at the narrow tower made of steel. Vextor takes out a common looking spoon and gently taps on the gates of the tower two times. The gate quietly disintegrates into fine mist.

As I said, the spoon of doominess.

Anyways, the admins here have once again made an awesome and interesting change to the game. Although the main attraction to the site for me is being able to talk to those I have come to know over time, it is nice to have a great system to play with and enjoy.

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Masaya wrote:

Masaya, Aside from the cap of 9, not everyone sent to that batttlefield will receive experience.

Example:

Gorganzola Kingdom vs. Mushroom Kingdom @ Hyrule

Gorganzola's Roster

Feta
Cheddar
Brie
Camembert
Gouda
Muenster

Mushroom Kingdom's Roster

Mario
Luigi
Toad
Peach
Wario
Yoshi

Round 1:

Mario defeats Gouda

Cheddar Beats Peach

Luigi beats Feta

Round 2: Gorganzola forfeits the rest of the battle.

In this instance only Mario, Luigi, Peach, Cheddar, Gouda and Feta will receive experience. If Cheddar had lost to Peach, this would still be true as well, however Luigi and Feta would only receive 25 rather than 50 or 100. Brie, Camembert, Muenster, Toad, Wario and Yoshi will gain nothing because they never were used. Just being on the roster for the battle doesn't give experience, only being placed in a lineup for actually fighting or dueling. I think people are under the impression just being on a roster gives experience. This, I believe, is not true. Axiose, Blas or Vex, correct me if I'm wrong.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Just being on the roster for the battle doesn't give experience, only being placed in a lineup for actually fighting or dueling. I think people are under the impression just being on a roster gives experience. This, I believe, is not true. Axiose, Blas or Vex, correct me if I'm wrong.

You're wrong with that assumption. Being on the roster at all gives 25 REP. The only way to get more would be to actually be in the battle and win or lose. You can see this in Fuji's example where NPC1 got 25 REP although he didn't see any battle and wasn't on Fuji's lineup for actual turns.

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe this was because NPC1 was slated to take Turn 3's position but because Fuji was kicking so much ass, he never got used but would have. Since the battle went 2 turns he never got used.

Just like in my instance, if Cheddar lost to Peach, both Luigi and Feta would get the same 25 that NPC1 got.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
For being used in the phase roster but not seeing battle: 25 points

I interpret this to mean simply being on the roster for the phase, and not being used in the Tactical plans. Thus, if you are at the battle, you'll get the 25 points. If you fight and lose, another 25 points. If you win, another 75 points.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RedCydranth, i believe you get 25 EXP for just being on the Battle Roster. If you are used and you win you get the additional 75 EXP which adds up to 100 EXP.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RedCydranth, you are mistaken.

Every unit placed in the PHASE roster gets 25 REP as standard.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: