Suikoden United and Illegal Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Victory change for phase 17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would think not, since as you said, no battle is involved.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To clarify the way these points are being divvy'd up I will run you through some examples and the way things will happen.

Turn 1 rosters are due. Nation leaders, vice leaders or war helpers will submit their turn 1 rosters as usual. Admins will pull a list of usernames that are slotted in any military action. Military action is defined as, but not limited to Battles (naval, land), raid, counter-insurgent, exploration, supply convoy, etc. Common sense should prevail here on what is a military action and what actions or PP expenditures can end with a victory.

Alright now down to battles. Take this for example:

Fluffy offers a duel but it is declined

Turn 1
Fuji 10,000 - 1 = 9,999 -VS- Vextor 20,000 - 20,000 = 0

Turn 2
Fuji 9,999 - 1 = 9,998 -VS- Fluffy 25,000 - 25,000 = 0

War points are allocated in this manner

Roster
NPC1, Fluffy, Fuji, Vextor = +25 (for showing up) -- NPC1 didn't see any action because Fuji was kicking too much ass.

Duel
Fluffy +75 for duel win

Turn 1
Fuji +75 for defeating Vextor
Vextor +25 for losing

Turn 2
Fuji +100 for defeating Fluffy
Fluffy +50 for losing

For your first action in battle (Fluffy's first was a duel, Fuji and Vextor's was when they fought in turn 1) you will receive either +75 for a victory or +25 for a defeat. You will realize that equates to 100 points for a victory or 50 points for a defeat when you add it to the inital 25 they all received for being in the lineup.

However, if you see action more than once in a phase such as Fuji did when he beat up Fluffy in the second turn, well then you're allotted the full 100 points. Likewise, Fluffy received the full 50 for losing.

Conclusion of the mock battle:

Fuji +200 points
Fluffy +150 points
Vextor +50 points
NPC1 +25 points.

As you can see, it all stacks.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This great, a nice change that really shows the progress of a unit.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I could say I like it and I could say I don't. As long as it's not retroactive since that would be a big pain to go back over the last 16 phases and find out who was used and compile everything, especially with the data loss. Since it's not retroactive, I like it alot. VC's just get a strait conversion to points, right?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

VC's just get a strait conversion to points, right?

Yes, they do.
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like this system a lot. It gives units that may not otherwise see battle a chance to participate, which should boost overall participation on the board. It also gives people a way to measure a unit's strength progression [and all sorts of statistical things us number junkies will analyze].

In other words, thanks to the guys for giving us more numbers to play with. <3

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just to clarify something important. There will be no more victory harvesting from Phase 17 when victories are gone and experience takes place.

That's it.

If you've already mid-harvest then that's fine, you can carry on, but you cannot start harvesting anytime after the start of phase 17, which means you can't civilianise a unit in order to move experience.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was wondering about that earlier. With the ability to have "Battle Watchers", that seemed like it would be a potential way to abuse the system.

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's kind of a shame that units that amass exp through being fodder and losing lots will never have use of it as most are accounts which are dead - therefore unable to choose a path and benefit from the exp. Perhaps a compromise would be the ability to assign paths to dead accounts once they reach a certain exp threshold?

I can understand the stance on this though.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, it's really upto nations how they use their fodder members. If they allow fodder members to amas lots of regiment experience to the point that they're needed in battle due to their potential strength, then it's there own fault for not using actual members to try and beef them up.

This rule has been brought in to try and discourge fodder units and to help the newer and weaker units to gain strength that normally they wouldn't be able to.

I don't think it's fair to assign a path to dead accounts when they reach a certain experience. There are items that might more experience and change paths but that would all depend on finding the items.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree, I forgot that such fodder units would have a large amount of days away and so wouldn't benefit from a path anyway.

Plus with the exp rule being implemented it just doesn't make sense to use fodder units anymore when even losing will boost a weak unit somewhat.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It also makes fodder units less appealing, which is will push nations to use every "proper" member they can.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fodder units will be less appealing anyway with the new "death rule" that Vextor has alluded to. It seems that there is every reason not to use fodder, and every reason to use real members in your nation - precisely as it should be.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since rebels can be used at multiple fronts, will they receive the experience from each front they are at, or just one? If Scarlet Moon fought Achilles at a Counter insurgency and beat him, but failed the insurgency and fought Achilles again at a raid and beat him again, would he receive 100 experience or 50?
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Timbo wrote:
Since rebels can be used at multiple fronts, will they receive the experience from each front they are at, or just one? If Scarlet Moon fought Achilles at a Counter insurgency and beat him, but failed the insurgency and fought Achilles again at a raid and beat him again, would he receive 100 experience or 50?

I'm under the impression by what has been said, that he will get 100 points for his 2 losses. 50 for the one during the insurgency, and 50 for his loss at the actual raid.

Quote:
Fluffy offers a duel but it is declined

Turn 1
Fuji 10,000 - 1 = 9,999 -VS- Vextor 20,000 - 20,000 = 0

Turn 2
Fuji 9,999 - 1 = 9,998 -VS- Fluffy 25,000 - 25,000 = 0

War points are allocated in this manner

Roster
NPC1, Fluffy, Fuji, Vextor = +25 (for showing up) -- NPC1 didn't see any action because Fuji was kicking too much ass.

Duel
Fluffy +75 for duel win

Turn 1
Fuji +75 for defeating Vextor
Vextor +25 for losing

Turn 2
Fluffy +50 for losing

For your first action in battle (Fluffy's first was a duel, Fuji and Vextor's was when they fought in turn 1) you will receive either +75 for a victory or +25 for a defeat. You will realize that equates to 100 points for a victory or 50 points for a defeat when you add it to the inital 25 they all received for being in the lineup.

However, if you see action more than once in a phase such as Fuji did when he beat up Fluffy in the second turn, well then you're allotted the full 100 points. Likewise, Fluffy received the full 50 for losing.

Conclusion of the mock battle:

Fuji +200 points
Fluffy +150 points
Vextor +50 points
NPC1 +25 points.

I have a question about this. A declined duel is equivalent to a victory. Shouldn't Fluffy gain 100 points for this? Also, why does 75 points for beating Vextor when Victory yeilds 100? Why does Vextor only get 25 for losing but Fluffy gets 50 for doing the same thing? Why does Fuji get 100 experience for a win his second time fighting, but not the first?

Wouldn't it be easier to say this:

Duel
Fluffy +100 for duel win

Turn 1
Fuji +100 for defeating Vextor
Vextor +50 for losing

Turn 2
Fluffy +50 for losing

Unused Units
NPC1 + 25 for inclusion

The "deduction" of 25 points from the initial battle usage makes it more confusing in my eyes. Am I missing something in why that is the method used as opposed to mine?

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: