Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Victory change for phase 17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Decado wrote:
Ax wrote:

At the moment all that will need to be done would be for the victory list thread to be updated to include all those who lose in a phase (obviously separated from the winners). So whoever looks after that thread (iscalio!) would probably have more work

Would this person not have to have access to all of the nations roster lineups in order to give out points to those units included but not used?

Do we even still have all the rosters, and complete battle/exploration results? I thought we had that massive data lost when the board was screwed up and lots of posts lost?

I somehow think that it's easier to just convert victory counts to experience points for now. And then start the new system from next phase rather than backtracking the whole thing. With the massive username changes and nation hopping and whatnot, it seems to be a really difficult task that is most likely more suitable to admins than non-admins.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Trying to make this retroactive for a game that's gone on for years would be a monumental task and one I personally wouldn't want to do, especially if the admins just want to see how well this works. You have nation changes, name changes and have to track down all of the rosters and who has had victories harvested. Tis best just to go off of current victory count.

As for the unused members, each nation could simply PM the rest of their rosters at the end of the phase to whoever does the victory topic or the admins could keep track themselves. Easy solutions.

Personally, I like this change as Highland's been wanting to use new blood in battle for quite some time now and it makes sacrificing using newer members beneficial for them too.

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So will "Regiment Experience" have certain requirements for changing regiments?

In other words, Tier 2 will only be available by 500 Regiment Experience instead of 5 Victories?

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't answer a lot of these questions.... well... to be honest, I can only answer a few. But that's a start!

It will not be retroactive. Look at your current victories. Now multiply that by 100. As for requirements for victories such as regiment tiers, the-I'm-better-than-you-factor and Jefferson's, take whatever the requirement is, now multiply that by 100.

Victories will still be awarded for doing the same things we've always done, there will just be an additional two ways to earn fractional victories

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hhmm......interesting idea......and lots of questions about how this is going to be set-up for all the previous phases......but.......

Axiose wrote:
This will go into effect from the start of phase 17 and victory counts for phase 16 will still be done in the usual manner.

........so i will wait patiently for further information. Not going to be an easy task!
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like this change too, because it means that everyone gets a shot at improving themselves instead of having to wait forever to be strong enough and then getting overshadowed by the stronger members. It certainly levels the playing field a lot, and I think this will make the nation system even more interesting than it already is because there will be a lot of other people to put on the roster.
So, here's some kudos for the admins. Thanks for making it easier for new members to enjoy participating in the nation system.

Quote:

Personally, I like this change as Highland's been wanting to use new blood in battle for quite some time now and it makes sacrificing using newer members beneficial for them too.

I like the fact that people still get 25 experience points even if they're on the roster but they don't used. At least they still gain something from it, so they don't feel too shafted.
Also, sacrifices are fun, aren't they? No pain, no gain after all.

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aurelien wrote:
Do we even still have all the rosters, and complete battle/exploration results? I thought we had that massive data lost when the board was screwed up and lots of posts lost?

Yeah, I didn't think it would be possible to backtrack all of the previous rosters - I meant for all future rosters.

Will you be awarded points only for the best choice only? So if you win in the 1st round and are defeated in the 2nd round you will only get 100 points total or would you get 150 points? It's my thinking that if you only get the highest award instead of stacking multiple point awards it really will give the weaker units a chance to advance. Of course multiple wins would result in 100 points x wins.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only question I've currently got about the upcoming change is how it will affect regiment changes. Will the existing victory points be grandfathered/adjusted or will everybody be starting from scratch again?

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

fuji wrote:
Look at your current victories. Now multiply that by 100. As for requirements for victories such as regiment tiers, the-I'm-better-than-you-factor and Jefferson's, take whatever the requirement is, now multiply that by 100.

I think we are just going for a straight current VC to points swap. So if we swapped right now I would have 1700 points.
Vidor

Sinners

46283 Potch
0 Soldiers
1391 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My question is basically the same as Milan's, what will happen to the inactive people with victory counts? Can their experience be harvested? If so in multiples of what? I hope I'm not repeating questions that have been answered already.

Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't see any difference in harvesting VC or EXP from an inactive account. As long as the same procedure applies the process should be identical.

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, I missed that one, thanks Decado.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always wonder what people mean when they say, "new units never get used." Well, the ones making the decision to not use newer members is the individual nations. If they'd wanna use the newer units, they sure as hell do have the option to do so. That has always been the case. Some nations have had no problem letting the newer members win, so don't blame the system.

Also, complaints about "this benefits nations with more regions / PP etc..." I mean, of course it does. They played the game well, and that's why they'll benefit more from these changes. Why should they be penalized when they've been doing a good job? It's okay to complain about changes, but at least make some damn sense when you do. Otherwise I'll ignore it as whining.

Lastly, in terms of what declined duels net, it'll still be considered a victory. This new change only swaps victory counts with regiment experience points, nothing else. No other changes in terms of "what is / isn't a victory." Thus, a decline duel would be consiered a full win with 100 points, etc. The same would be true with any other situation. It's the same as before.
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Talking about stat growth from victories, will 25 experience get 1/4 of the growth of a victory, or will the growth only happen when a member reaches an increment of 100?

Example: Say a victory gives 20 bonus strength. With the change, 100 experience will now give 20 bonus strength, so would 25 experience give 5 strength?
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, that would be the general way it will work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: