Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Pope's Last Moments
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While I could make a list of Papal blunders over the years rather than simply agreeing that he had good intentions, I won't. Why? Because the guy just died and I respected him enough not to go on a tangent on the same day he died.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
KonRei

The Sharingan Archer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well...Pope John Paul II died last night at 9 PM (here in the Philippines, 3 AM) due to heart failure and many followers (and the people who loved the Pope) watched worldwide along here in my country also. They will never forget the Pope who served God, may his soul rest eternally.....

Today's angel are tomorrow's devil...fear it, live it, die with it... -Kon Rei
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sadness

Razor Wind

3668814 Potch
14500 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's very sad that he passed away. I am glad his suffering is over though, because the last few years he seemed to be in constant pain.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

KonRei wrote:

well...Pope John Paul II died last night at 9 PM (here in the Philippines, 3 AM) due to heart failure and many followers (and the people who loved the Pope) watched worldwide along here in my country also. They will never forget the Pope who served God, may his soul rest eternally.....

KonRei, is right. We here in the Philippines mourned for his death. Since he was one of our pillars of Catholicism. And i also wish for his soul to rest eternally. And may he bless us always... Hopefully, our prayers will reach him as well. It's really sad that he had to die... :cry:

ed_20

The Stampede

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not a catholic but I know his presence will be missed even by non-catholics, muslims and other religions. I also wish for his soul to rest in peace....
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i cried when i saw him at easter mass, he was trying to mouth the words, but nothing came out. that is an indication of the pain and advancement of his illness. my grandma was like that for a little over a week, yet was already hospitalised - she died of liver failure though.

i cried because to be concious, yet speechless, is a torture in itself.

although death happens to us all, the fact he dedicated his life to his beliefs, and doing what he believed was best, in the name of god, for the people of earth, his 'struggle' on earth, and his passing, was handled in a way he didn't fear or shy away from. his faith at these hours was never questioned. it was inspirational.

the pictures of him in state make me cry. it's the finality of death, and knowing that he's not here anymore, i find makes me want to cry. it reminds me of all those others i've lost, and brings questions, as i'm sure he'd go to heaven, yet why do i still belive death is final - that's it, we stop and drop, and decompose.

I'm envious of his faith. i want to go to church and pray for his soul.
Drummsta

Cheesier Monsters!

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not a catholic and in fact disagree with the whole catholic religion. BUT! I really admired the pope. He could speak 11 languages! WHAT! And he travelled the world. And he had a popemobile.

But I felt so bad for him!!!

I really felt like the tv stations were just WAITING for him to die... it's like let him die in peace!!! Gosh... and I felt sad when I saw people crying because it seems like he really impacted thier lives... But at least he lived a great life! And people liked him even though he was shot once. I know that you're gonna hate me for not mentioning all the other great things he did...but meh you know them. It was on T.V. at one time or another...

I really appreciated the fact that he wanted the longest chapter in the bible read to him. Psalms 119! Really good scriptures, you should check it out sometime!

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm really sad to hear that a great man such as him left our world.

I'm a Muslim, I never knew much about him, and I didn't care about him either in the past, but I feel sad now after knowing all of what he done to our world.

Good persons as him are rare in our world.

May his soul rest in peace.

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Me too, same as Njord, is a Muslim,
John Paul II is a good person when he's alive, a man with a rare quality that's hard to find nowaday.
I had great respect for him, even though we're different in belief, and I hope his soul rest in peace.

May the sadness reminds us of all the misfortune in this few years, the tsunami, the pope's death, and every other things, so that we will remember God everywhere, anytime and pray that He will save us all....

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I think the fact that so many nont-Catholics are really mourning his death really speaks to how influential he was and how much of a great person he was. More than any other Pope before him, he reached out to those of other faiths and expressed faith in them...rather than just saying they're condemned to hell or whatever. I think he really had the right idea, because (in my opinion at least) if we live a good life we can still acheive Heaven (or at least Heaven on Earth...).

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, that's the point why I like him...
I too had that oppinion, that if we live a good life, helping others, regardless of our religion I believe God will look upon us.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am not catholic but i feel a respect the pope, because it takes guts to do what he did.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, he pretty much fought against communism at the front-lines, pretty much single-handedly (of course, while Muslims fought the soviets in Afghanistan). The method he used to "topple" communism in Poland was interesting. He first visited Mexico, which had a secular constitution. Because a secular state accepted the Pope's visit, communist Poland no longer had a political reason to refuse John Paul II's visit to Poland. The open air Mass he had at various locations invigorated the disguntled Poles, leading to new leaders like Lech Walesa leading a movement to topple communism.

No ammount of ammunition, bombs, or soldiers would have accomplished such a smooth political shift,

Similar things happened in Chilie, which ousted dictator Augusto Pinochet a short while after John Paul II visited Chilie.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: A great peace keeper gone away Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A great man has slipped away in the betrayals of what we call life. He did very things and broke many borders of religeons and did many firsts. A leader to the Catholic faith he has many follewers and it is a tradgedy to see him gone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: