Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Pope's Last Moments
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: The Pope's Last Moments Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It unfortunately seems as if Pope John Paul II is about to die...even though I myself am not a Catholic, I can understand certainly what a great impact he has had upon this world... It's a pretty sad thing to see, especially considering all the great things he's done. He was the first to set foot in a mosque, the first to set foot in a temple (I think) and pray with them, and he made right many of the wrongs of the church. Plus, he's Polish (the same descent that I am) and proved that myth about Polish people dead wrong. :P

Seriously, though...it's a damn shame that this had to happen, especially now.
Any thoughts?

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I feel it's tragic that death (especially of prominent individuals) has graced the news so much recently. I can say nothing of the Pope specifically as I've never paid all that much attention to him (no offense), but I do find it terrible when great people die.

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I'm sorry to hear about that. I wonder who'll replace him and how long it will take to decide.
Providence Luc

The Millenium Swords

109035 Potch
275 Soldiers
71 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One way or another... Whether Pope John Paul II would die or not, a new Pope must be selected. I think it's time that we let the Pope take a rest. He has lived long and served long.

He's done quite a bit, I'm sure. So, we really ought to give him a break. Any human in his condition right now would be suffering, so should he live, I think he shoul really rest and let him live the rest of his life normally. Should he die... then may his soul rest in peace.
Vextor

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Pope by veritue, never retires. Once a Pope, you serve until you die. In the case of John Paul II, some of his cardinals tried to see if the rule can be changed, but John Paul II insisted that he serve until his death. It is a choice he made.
Providence Luc

The Millenium Swords

109035 Potch
275 Soldiers
71 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARSadmin wrote:
The Pope by veritue, never retires. Once a Pope, you serve until you die. In the case of John Paul II, some of his cardinals tried to see if the rule can be changed, but John Paul II insisted that he serve until his death. It is a choice he made.

Well, if it's his choice to continue serving until his last breath, then I shall complain no more. I guess he's ready for anything that would come... even death.
Inko

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I myself am a Catholic and i belive that death is not a sad thing, for if you die you go to a better place, I hope John Paul II enjoys his place in Heaven.

But i do wonder who the next Pope will be...
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not Catholic but that is beside the point. He is an inspirational world leader and advocate for peace.

He will be missed by many, myself included.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As a catholic i will be very sad to see Pope John Paul II go. He is the only pope i have ever really known and his good deeds and accomplishments exceeded anyone's expectations. I myself am of polish descent so to have this pope was special. When his time comes he will be surely missed

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't agree with a lot of what he say to say, besides the most general of bland statements such as not killing each other and the like. And, I never liked the Church's hypocrisy over charity when they have a heck of a lot of surplus cash and roofs made of gold that could feeds a whole bunch of starving people for life themselves. And, I'm not Christian so I was never really pushed over what he says or does, I can make moral choices without his help, thank you.

But, brining all of these points up is moot. The fact of the matter is, underneath it all, the Pope is a very sick 84-year old man. He's suffering, no matter what twaddle the Vatican give you about him being serene. And I feel as sorry for this as I am for the deaths of all the other old people who lived long, full, comfortable lives who have died today. That's the man you should feel sorry for, not his office or his status.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even though i am not catholic or any type christianianty i think this is very sad. I will miss him evern though i didnt know what the pope's name was till Lunarblade said his name was John Paul II, but i still think this is sad not as much as if the High Rabii (if there is one) is about to die though.

As FF6Sage said i also feel sad when great people die. :cry:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
I don't agree with a lot of what he say to say, besides the most general of bland statements such as not killing each other and the like. And, I never liked the Church's hypocrisy over charity when they have a heck of a lot of surplus cash and roofs made of gold that could feeds a whole bunch of starving people for life themselves. And, I'm not Christian so I was never really pushed over what he says or does, I can make moral choices without his help, thank you.

But, brining all of these points up is moot. The fact of the matter is, underneath it all, the Pope is a very sick 84-year old man. He's suffering, no matter what twaddle the Vatican give you about him being serene. And I feel as sorry for this as I am for the deaths of all the other old people who lived long, full, comfortable lives who have died today. That's the man you should feel sorry for, not his office or his status.

That's complete ignorance in my opinion. First of you do not have to be Christian to see what a great man he was. As far as hypocrisy goes, the church gives as much to charity as any other organization. Don't try to play it off as the Church being selfish.

That said, I also will miss him when he passes away. He is a great human being.
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not a Catholic (closer in fact to 'Godless Heathen'), but I can respect everything the man did for the world. Born Karol Wojtyla, he later became the Cardinal of Krakow, Poland, he's really done and seen alot, including:

~ Speaking out against Communism in Poland
~ Published hundreds of theological and philosophical works, including Redeemer of the Human Race, Ecclesia de Eucharista, Veritatis Spelndor, works of Poetry and many others.
~ He is the most traveled pope in History (but really, none of the ones in the past had the option), having visited over 130 countries and held meetings with over 850 world leaders.

I was lucky enough to hear him speak in Toronto in 2002 when he visited for World Youth Day, and although then he still was apowerful figure, thinking back I realize that he hasn't been in the best shape for a while now, it must be a pretty stressful job.
Vextor

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Black Knight wrote:
Even though i am not catholic or any type christianianty i think this is very sad. I will miss him evern though i didnt know what the pope's name was till Lunarblade said his name was John Paul II, but i still think this is sad not as much as if the High Rabii (if there is one) is about to die though.

Actually, "John Paul II" was a name he chose after he became Pope (following the dead of John Paul I--who only lived for 33 days after being chosen as Pope). His real name is Karol Wojtyla.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

O thanks SARSadmin i dont keep updated with these sort of things because of my religion.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: