Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (and others)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Funny you mention Shirley in the same sentence as Lyon. The voice actor who did Shirly is also the one for Lyon, and god's honest truth, they sound EXACTLY Alike. I played Tales of Legendia right after Suikoden V so I immediately was drawn to the likeness and I did a quick search and found the same voice actress was behind the two. And the voice is virtually identical. She didn't throw any accents or deepen her voice for Lyon at all.

I'll admit Shirley was probably one of the worse characters, but seeing as she's not in the game as much as it looks like she is, its fine. For the majority of the game she's not even in the party. and for the part she is a possible party character, they never did voice acting for, so it works itself out.

I'm wondering what ending they choose for Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk. Regardless of what they do, I'm sure it will be for the best.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I don't know what it is, but I can almost stand Lyon's voice acting but Shirley's drives me up a wall.

It's true that she wasn't in the early game too too much, but whenver she was she literally would not shut up. The banality of her dialog is likely what made it so bad. "SENEL I LOVE YOU DO YOU LOVE ME SENEL I LOVE YOU SENEL! SENEL SENEL SENEL SENEEEEEEEEEEEEL."

Anyway. Yes. Tales of Symphonia 2 (god. I am hyper tonight and I don't know why). Zelos was my favorite character in that game so, I'm willing to agree to disagree with the "any ending will be for the best" ;)

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just read the news myself on RPGFan, I'm excited! I'll have to play all the American ones before they come here. That is if they ever bring the new ones here. :-(

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've only played Tales of Symphonia, but I loved it. It's either my fifth or sixth favorite game. I still can't decide whether I like it more than Chrono Trigger. Anywho, this is exciting news. I should really try out some more of this series, because I just loved the one I played.
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My god, a sequel to ToS!? Fucking awesome, that's my favorite game in the world. Please come to the USA, sequel!

DS game looks pretty good, too!
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man this game seems to be very interesting. Seeing lloyd as antagonist really thrills me.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Right, so, announced for the US with a new title. Changed the thread title to reflect this.

Discuss!
Splendid Monkey

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I`ve just come back from a vacation in Kyushu, Japan and indeed I`ve seen a rolling demo of the Tales of Destiny remake. It looks pretty neat and playing from Leon`s point of view should be interesting.

I enjoyed playing Tales of Symphonia and a sequel should be worth checking out, I guess. I was just expecting a little bit more from the `big announcement`.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been playing the full version of the Director's Cut. It's alright, I suppose, but you kinda have to be a big Leon fan for it to have any point.
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've never played Tales of Symphonia but everyone tells me it's fun...! Out of all the Tales games, I've only played ; Abyss, Phantasia, and Radiant Mythology.

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, the new title is pretty bad. How generic can you get? Knight of Ratatosk at least had some personality.

Looking forward to the game nevertheless, we haven't actually been getting very many next-gen RPGs.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Title pretty much tells it like it is. XD The title may change, but I doubt it, after the whole hubbub NP made over it. The Wii needs a good RPG-- the new Paper Mario game just doesn't really cut it-- and I still haven't picked up No More Heroes.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A lot of people don't know Norse mythology, and even if they do, they're likely to have only basic knowledge on the subject (Valkyries, Odin, Yggdrasil, Lezard Valeth ), and the talking squirrel of the World Tree is not a character people would really know.

Even if they did, they'd be scratching their heads and asking "...Why does a squirrel need a knight?"
Sydnee

Gender Bender

52300 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eh? I rather have Legendia than Symphonia. Really. You can hate me. :D

I want those new Tales! They look great....but on Wii?!

~ Securing the safety of mone---I mean uhh...people of Island Nations ~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sydnee, I agree. More Legendia or Abyss would be wonderful. Did you play Radiant Mythology on PSP? I haven't yet but I hear you can recruit people from other Tales games, possibly Legendia. I know for a fact you can recruit at least 2 characters from Abyss.

I can't say that the idea of it being on the Wii is bad at all. Even if you don't have any of the next gen consoles, I think most people will say the Wii is the best of the three in terms of overall usability and bang for your buck. The fact that there's reliable third party companies like Namco-Bandai, Sega and SquareEnix producing games for it is a huge boon. Sure, by not going Sony or Microsoft the game will sacrifice graphics and such, but in return you get a more diverse playing style and a game I think we as gamers will feel more involved in. Also, the Tales series has never been the state of the art and cutting edge in technology. I think the Wii is a great fit. Oh, and the first one was a GameCube only game here in North America, so its only fitting its sequel be on a Nintendo system.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: