Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (and others)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (and others) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Click.

A sequel to Tales of Symphonia, the Wii will be seeing this sometime next year. Not much else is known, just that it takes place two years later with new lead characters.

Quote:
Spring 2008 (April//May)
Takes place 2 years after Tales of Symphonia
Run into and play with the Symphonia cast
Raise monsters
Flex-Range Linear Motion Battle System

Bandai Namco also announced that the DS will be the flagship console of the Tales series. First up under this announcement is Tales of Innocence.

Quote:
Tales of Innocence

December 2007
Developer - Alpha Systems
Character Design - Inomata Mutsumi
Luka//Ruka - Akiko Kimura
Iria - Sasamoto Youko
Opening Movie - Production IG
Field - Full 3D
Battle System - Dimension Stride LMB
Opening Song - KOKIA

Next up is a PSP port of Tales of Rebirth; my favorite installment. If it hits Europe, I would encourage you guys to buy it or import it.

Lastly is Tales of Destiny: Director's Cut for PS2. This will have a Leon mode where you can learn more of his backstory and stuff. No real screen, but here's the whole scan. Working on hosting these images myself, so sit tight.

http://www.gamesarefun.com/games/talesscan.jpg

IGN wrote:

The story for Innocence centers on Luca, a resident of the peaceful capital city of Regnam. Luca, son of a merchant, has special powers, although he's not alone, as others like him have started appearing in the town of late. His personality is said to be a bit different from your standard RPG character; in fact, the game's producers feel his role is somewhat switched with that of the heroine, Iria.

The game's battle system will be a combination of past Tales systems. Innocence will use the Dimension Stride LMBS (Linear Motion Battle System), which is said to combine elements of the Flex Range LMBS from Abyss and the Aerial LMBS from the PS2 version of Destiny.

Moving on to the Wii Tales of Symphonia Knights of Ratatoskr, the Spring 2008 (Japanese release) title is, as mentioned in our initial update, a direct sequel to the GameCube and PS2 Tales of Symphonia, painting a new story three years after the events of that game. While story details are scarce, Bandai Namco did announce that the game's main character would be named Emil, and the heroine Malta. Lloyd and other characters from the original will also appear in the game.

Bandai Namco is working on some updates to the title for the Wii. Visually, the company claims that the graphics have been improved, with higher texture resolution. This is true of new dungeons and towns, and those that you might have visited in the original.

Gameplay is also seeing a few updates. The game will feature Wii-mote direct controls, allowing players to move around by pointing at sections of the map. While not strictly Wii related, the game will also include the ability to capture and breed monsters for use as allies in battle.

Finally, a few details on the PS2 and PSP remakes of older Tales titles. The PSP version of Tales of Rebirth will feature a few updates over the PS2 original, including wide screen support and a gallery mode. Tales of Destiny Directors Cut for the PS2 will include new events and battle difficulty settings, and will be compatible with your old save data. Both titles are due for Japanese release in early 2008.

Last edited by Leb on Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If it's a Tales of game (besides Legenadia) I will buy it. Symphonia is one of my favorite games of all time, they really got it right with that one. This is exciting news, from a real good series.

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tales of Symphonia was easily one of the most fun RPGs of the last generation. It was just a joy to play. The characters and story were just a bit cliche-- however it's all executed in a very, very enjoyable way. And the game is just the right length, I felt. I'm interested in seeing how the game is playing on the Wii. I imagine it will be with the controller turned sideways.

As for the other two games, they make me happy that I own both a DS and a PSP, becuase I greatly want both of those games. I absolutely love the Tales series, but I've only had a chance to play some of the more recent games, and Phantasia on my emulator.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gil-galad wrote:
Tales of Symphonia was easily one of the most fun RPGs of the last generation. It was just a joy to play. The characters and story were just a bit cliche-- however it's all executed in a very, very enjoyable way. And the game is just the right length, I felt. I'm interested in seeing how the game is playing on the Wii. I imagine it will be with the controller turned sideways.

As for the other two games, they make me happy that I own both a DS and a PSP, becuase I greatly want both of those games. I absolutely love the Tales series, but I've only had a chance to play some of the more recent games, and Phantasia on my emulator.

I got so excited, I didn't even see the other two. And I have a DS and a PSP also. Yay for us.

And Symphonia was so good, I went through and beat it 8 times o.o

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Symphonia sequel is killer news. That was among the best RPGs last gen, hands down.

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ezekiel wrote:
If it's a Tales of game (besides Legenadia) I will buy it. Symphonia is one of my favorite games of all time, they really got it right with that one. This is exciting news, from a real good series.

And what's so wrong with Legendia that you refuse to get it?

I'm stoked about this news. Seriously. I just recently got into Tales (Legendia being the first) and they're all amazing games. I am totaly going to get the sequel to Symphonia and am eager to see what happens and how the new cast meets up with the original. I love when games do that. Also, I'm all for more RPGs on the DS, the console, in my eyes, is perfect for Role Playing Games. Final Fantasy III was actually a damn fine game on the DS, and I'm really unable to put Pokémon Pearl down. Seeing "DS as the flagship console" though worries me, as I was hoiping they'd move into a new tier console. However with PS3 as iffy as it is and the 360 right now is uncharted waters for RPGs (Thats gonna change though) I can't blame them. I feel if Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk is a big seller, we may see more Tales on the Wii. I'm totally down for that. Wii RPGs sound like a winner to me. Basically because I own a Wii and not any of the other Next Gen consoles.

Sadly I will not be getting the Tales of Rebirth remake. I got lucky with the Tales of Eternia because I have it for PS1 as Tales of Destiny II. But unless I am bequeathed a PSP by someone who no longer wants theirs, I'll be missing this fine game. Its a shame too because I've become a huge fan of this series.

*Goes and puts Tales of Innocence on his IGN Wishlist*

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't really gotten into the tales series yet. The only one I've played is Tales of Symphonia but I haven't beaten it yet. That PSP Tales game looks really good though.
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I bought Legendia, and within a few hours, regretted it. I just hated every single character in the game. if I can't love characters, i can't love a game. I HATED how everyone looked.

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ezekiel wrote:
I bought Legendia, and within a few hours, regretted it. I just hated every single character in the game. if I can't love characters, i can't love a game. I HATED how everyone looked.

I was initially hesitant about playing Legendia. It didn't quite grab me, like Symphonia did, when I first started playing-- however if you give it a bit more a chance, and play a bit deeper into the game, you'll find that it is actually just as interesting as Symphonia, and the characters do get developed nicely. I wouldn't say that I enjoyed it quite as much as I did Symphonia-- but after I gave it a bit more of a chance, I found myself enjoying it quite a bit.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm just incredibly shallow. if characters don't catch my eye....my interest never stays. It's a shame, really :(

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gil-galad wrote:
Ezekiel wrote:

I was initially hesitant about playing Legendia. It didn't quite grab me, like Symphonia did, when I first started playing-- however if you give it a bit more a chance, and play a bit deeper into the game, you'll find that it is actually just as interesting as Symphonia, and the characters do get developed nicely. I wouldn't say that I enjoyed it quite as much as I did Symphonia-- but after I gave it a bit more of a chance, I found myself enjoying it quite a bit.

Yeah, it caught my eye, but then I saw it was $50. Then after seeing how ugly the graphics looked on a screenshot on the back, I decided not to buy it.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree completely with Gil here. When I first got Legendia, I tried it out and got as far as Moses's Bandit camp and ewas like "Wow these guys are lame asses" and stopped playing. However a few months later I picked it up again and played it from beginning to end in a matter of a week. Once I got about oh.. 20% into the game I couldn't put it down. I was staying up all night playing and repremanded heavily for it the next morning by my doctors (I played it during an admission into the hospital). I have to say that the development of the characters is quite well done and there are few games outside the Tales series that puts as much attention of character development.

How in holy hell did you ever beat Suikoden V then if you hate games with slow character building and slow early plotline movement? That was the single biggest detractor to Suikoden V, yet here you are.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RedCydranth wrote:
How in holy hell did you ever beat Suikoden V then if you hate games with slow character building and slow early plotline movement? That was the single biggest detractor to Suikoden V, yet here you are.

You can still come to a Suikoden fansite even if you haven't played all the games (Not saying he hasn't though.)
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RedCydranth wrote:

Really? I found V to be visually amazing. All I need is some eye candy, and a decent storyline, and I'm good. As I said, shallow. In my eyes, Suikoden V is leagues above Tales of Legendia. My taste is very odd and stubborn.

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Suikoden V is bounds better than Legendia, too, and I hated Suikoden V.

Legendia was pretty terrible. Just everything about it rubbed me the wrong way, from the horrible annoying clunky battle system to the lead female character with a voice so high that only dogs could truly understand it. I mean, yeah, Lyon might be a whiny, annoying, useless brat but at least she usually sounds like a human being when she talks.

Uh.

Aheh.

Tales of Symphonia 2, huh? Awesomeness and joy. But. If they go with the "dead Zelos" ending, I shall be most unhappy.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: