Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows (Spoilers blacked out)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows (Spoilers blacked out) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't seen a topic on this so I think it's right about time for one. The book is only days away from having its official release. I know that my brother already has plans to camp out close to midnight of the release to make sure he got the book as soon as humanly possible.

Anyone else here going to be at your local bookstore at midnight to participate in all the midnight release activities and maybe even get the book itself? Do you have any theories as to which major characters will get the big boot of death from J.K. Rowling? Who do you want Harry to hook up with, Cho Chang or Ginny Weasley? Or both?! I mean Harry is going to be a young adult with oats to sow and such.

Now, is anyone here going to go find the leaked scanned copies of pages of the whole final book that's going around the torrent sites to find out who dies. I know my brother was tempted to do so last night when he found out but decided against it.

Last edited by Tullaryx on Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:38 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm getting the book, but I'm not participating in the midnight activities - I find that utterly bizarre and all, but that's just me.

Reservations here in the Philippines net you a 10% discount, and my mom is going to pay for it since she wants me to complete the whole series on hardbound.

I've never considered the leaks, anyway... I think that's kind of spoiling it, since I ant to read the whole thing first before I learn who dies... heh.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I already have found it and know who dies and on what exact page(s) they die on. I read the epiloque as well because curiosity got the best of me =/

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm wondering if you're going to be tempted to spoil it for certain people you don't really like but who like the series.

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

what are you leaning towards hmmm?? im curious XD

but, no i have restrained myself and have not leaked the spoiler information I have to anyone unless they have asked me to personally. I thought about doing it to this girl at work because I cant stand her and we both work Friday Night so I may do it then, but that would be really really mean and I highly doubht that I actually will do it.

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm quite surprised that they've been able to keep the spoilers from the book from being leaked this close to release date. I remember the 6th book was pretty much spoiled weeks in advance of the release. I think those who really don't want the book spoiled for them may have to just avoid being on the net until after they get the book and have begun reading. Sooner or later someone will decide to just start posting the spoiler in every fansite they can register in just for shit and giggles.

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here in the UK there is already a price war going on between one of our bookstores and a supermarket, the bookstore wants to sell it for £18 and Asda wants to sell it for £8 a big difference that will net them both even more publicity and a lot more money.

I also know who dies, but that's because some idiot on another forum spoiled everyone. I don't care that much though.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really should put a no spoiler disclaimer on the topic heading.

Yeah, I found out the ones who die and as much as it doesn't bother me since I'm not as invested in the series as millions seem to be I can understand why a large majority of those millions would feel annger and disappointment for having stuff spoiled for them.

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd prefer not to have anything spoiled for me about Deathly Hollows.

I don't see much point in reading the whole book if I already know what the ending will be. If that were the case, I might as well just wait for the movie to come out and watch that instead. As it happens, I've avoided really any information about Harry Potter's final installment - and I'd like to keep it that way!

Anyway...I will most certainly not be at any midnight anything for this book. It seems a bit absurd to me. I'm not celebrating the book, I'm intending to read it! And I don't want to have to dress up in a hat and robe just to fit in when I go to buy it. No, I'll just be poking my head into work a couple minutes early the next morning to see if I can't land a copy.

Wal-Mart's liberal sales projections only have us at selling out of something like 2/3 of our inventory before the sun rises the next morning, anyhow, and since I get into work at some god-awful hour that day, I figure I have a good shot. This is how I got hold of Half-Blood Prince, after all.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Barnes&Noble is having a Midnite Magic party or something. My friend who works there gets off at 10 that night and she's gonna stay for it, so I think I'm gonna go to it.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I agree with Parallax. Besides, there's just two more days (for me! :P) Woot! I'll be picking up the book at about 11 AM Saturday morning hopefully, enough time for me to drag my PS2 to the repair shop, and get to school on time to attend training. ;)

I'm actually excited to see all the reappearances in this book - Viktor Krum, among others, is apparently set to make a return. Even the motorbike (haha, remember that?) and the Ford Anglia. XD

And I have a feeling that the book is going to have some weird, surprising spoiler about Dumbledore that doesn't relate to death. Like, Dumbledore...

has a wife! I don't even know if Dumbledore's even mentioned as not having a wife. :P

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, apparently I am going to a midnight book release thingymajigger. I've never read any of the books and don't intend to read this one, but I'm a freelancer for a local paper and they need someone to cover the midnight release at one of the bookstores on Friday, so that's where I'll be.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Those who have been reading the series right from the beginning and have put quite an emotional investment on how the story and characters play out the final moments of the story I wonder what you feel about the series ending. J.K. Rowling has pretty much said she won't be making more stories about Harry Potter (though she left an opening and said she would re-visit the universe she's created).

I know some people were quite disappointed and sad when Stephen King finally finished his Dark Tower epic. Some complained the ending wasn't up to what they envisioned but then some who said that pretty much wanted the series to go on and on. I wonder if Harry Potter fans will feel the same way. Are they already resigned to the fact it may not end the way they want it to? Are they ready or not ready for the series to end?

4917 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Are they already resigned to the fact it may not end the way they want it to? Are they ready or not ready for the series to end?

No. =P

I have LOADS of close friends who are mental Harry Potter fans. And from what I see, their heartbroken and traumatised by the fact that the series is coming to an end. It's somewhat like a TV show, how everyone discusses the possibility of the next unaired episode, but begin developing withdrawal symptoms when the show is cancelled, or ends.

As for endings, it's usually not the ending that's bad, just the series ending itself. I've heard nothing about the new book, and haven't read the fifth or sixth, so I have no idea what's going on or coming up in the Harry Potter universe. All I know is, probably a week after it's release, there's gonna be a LOT of fans unhappy with the ending. Anti-climax, lame character death, some cheesy hope for the future ending, whatever it is they're NOT gonna be happy.

And i'm gonna have to deal with listening to all my friends chattering about it. Argh. >.<
Nimble Jack

Guard of the Old Way

319192 Potch
250 Soldiers
125 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pretty excited about Deathly Hollow's release. While I'm not mental about Harry Potter, I do enjoy guessing what will happen in the last installment. I think that J. K. Rowling has done a good job of staying unpredictable about her stories and that's part of what makes it so much fun to guess what will happen. My friends and I all know that our theories (or most of them) are dead wrong, but they're still fun to think of.

My brother is convinced that Dumbledore isn't dead, and while I don't share his views on that, it is lots of fun to think of crazy ways that he could be alive. Our ideas have even ranged to (I'm going to go to black because you'll have to have read books 1-6 to understand and I don't want to spoil it for anyone who just hasn't gotten around to it yet) Dumbledore having made Harry an anti-Horcrux. This was one of the most laughable of our ideas. The theory is that Dumbledore loved Harry so much that he imparted part of his soul to him, so while [strike]Voldemort[/stike] He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named had to kill people to split his soul, Dumbledore was able to do it through love.

I'm really looking forward to so many of the unanswered questions to finally be resolved. Like, what happened to Voldemort's body when he tried to kill the baby Harry? And how will Harry win, when he's so out-matched?

I was planning to go to the bookstore at midnight to pick up my copy, but I'm also going to try to read it in one day because I'll be busy for the following three and in four days my friends will have finished and I'll want to discuss. I currently don't know if I'm going to be able to do that, there's a little bit of confusion about if my book is going to be sent in the mail, or if I can pick it up in the store. The former will make me a little furious.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: