Suikoden Utopian and Informational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Carry overs.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Carry overs. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm looking to make a straight list of all the carry overs from game to game. Like which character levels, which items equipped on who and so on. I checked Gamefaqs out and couldn't find anything for Suikoden 1 so I didn't really bother looking at the others.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think you'll find it in Suikoden II faqs. I know I've seen it already on Gamefaqs, you just need to look a little harder, I think.
Sadness

Razor Wind

3668814 Potch
14500 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think nobody has a clear answer to this. Some runes carry over, but it doesn't carry over on some characters (Sheena will always have an earth rune, even if you give him some other rune). Windspun Armor carries over only if you give it to Humphrey.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And here I was hoping to be lazy. Well I'll take a gander at Suikoden 2 Gamefaqs site.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After somewhat careful looking through all the in-depth Faqs there is nothing about carry overs. So it's back to my first post, anyone know or has a list?

Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always thought that Humphery's windspun armor was the only item that carried over. But what do I know?
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im not sure if there is a definite list, but the carry overs that i can remember getting in Suikoden II are:

Windspun Armour on Humphery.
Slightly higher weapon levels on some of the returning characters, mainly Viktor and Flik because i used them in Suikoden I and had their weapon level max out at 16.
Im not sure if i got any items carrying over though.
And of course the man himself, Tir.

I am currently playing through Suikoden I again so i will try to put a list together when i am ready to start Suikoden II.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Levels also carry over to a minor degree. I think it compares - at least for Flik and Viktor, I forget if the guide said this was for everyone - their default levels in GS2 to one third of their levels from GS1, and gives them the higher of the two.

It also details which characters carry over. Additionally, it mentions one who does carry over but whose levels -don't.- Why, I don't know. The guide's there somewhere though; a new one doesn't really need to be made.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=428 that might help you, Milan Fiori

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow. That is helpful, Black Pesmerga.

But if i remember correctly, when i carried over my game data from the 1st one to the 2nd one. I only recieved the Windspun Armor on Humphrey, Level increase of both Viktor and Flik. I think Luc got one too. Last but not least i the presence of McDohl. Unfortunately, i couldn't get much of anything else...

Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Level increase is obviously only for the characters that would have their levels above their normal joining level. So for example normally Viktor would join at level 20. If your Suikoden I's Viktor was at level 50, then he wouldn't get any bonus because 50/3 is less than 20. So that might be the reason why you don't get bonus on your other characters.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I see. That would explain all the others without level bonuses. Thank you for the concrete info. I thought something was fishy when i got a normal levelled Viktor in Suikoden II. I only got to level 50 in I... :roll:

Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I got my Valeria, Futch and Humphry to level 99, haven't started my Suikoden 2 game yet but Valeria was the first to 99 so she should be around 40 I think.

Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looking at the posts above, I think your Valeria should start at level 33. I don't think that would really be worth it. level 33 isn't that high.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The first to reach 99 gets a 5 level bonus, and then there's another 5 level bonus for something else which I can't remember. Look at the link Black Pesmerga posted.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: