Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Saddest Suikoden Episode
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Obel Soldier

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

(Spoilers, yes.)

The only scene that made me tear up was when Nanami took the arrow from that archer. Gorudo is ice cold, man. I totally abused Jowy's Black Sword Rune for that moment.

And the only scene that turned my emotions 180 degrees was in the first Suikoden, when I whipped up on that Two-Headed Golden Dragon toy. I was so pumped after that. But when that arrow hit Flik, and Viktor stayed behind to fight the last of the guards, I was thinking, "Oh, damn."

Then, when Mathiu had his last words with Liukan, I got real quiet. Guess you can say I wasn't so pumped anymore.

^ Shout out to John Layfield. Thanks for the sig, homes.

Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd have to say Mathiu's death was the worst. All the other characters died doing something they believed in (Gremio protecting McDohl, Nanami Protecting Riou, Kiba in battle, etc). Mathiu, however, never wanted to participate in war, and died because of it.

Such a tragic character, because he gave so much and recieved nothing in return, not even his own satisfaction.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Obel Soldier, I totally agree with you on those last two counts. That last bit actually made me cry—I was VERY attatched to that particular character.

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Obel Soldier

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, totally. Ever since Suikoden II, there's always a box of tissue sitting right next to me during my Suikoden sessions. Gosh, my allergies always seem to come at the worst time...

All jokes aside, the Suikoden series has been real consistent in the fact that there's always at least one character I get attached to, and there's always at least one scene where I'm deeply touched. Right now, it's safe to say if they keep pumping out Suikoden titles, people will keep pumping in posts for this thread.

^ Shout out to John Layfield. Thanks for the sig, homes.

AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just watched Oddessa death scene, i was nearly moved, which is alot for my dank and cold heart, i think the saddest part is where she still wont forgive her brother even when she knows shes dying she wont admit to the relation, but she did it for the good of the Liberation army, she was one of the best leaders in history in my opinion.
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got a question wasn't it stated that Mathuia's death was a mistranslation
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Something Edible

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

3000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In Suikoden II, after Luca attacks the merc fortress and you save Pilika, I thought (the first time I played) that he cut her tongue or something! Mainly because of some option you get after that scene. Coupled with the fact that her parents were killed, Pilika always made me sad...

Also in Suikoden II, Neclord's death. After you defeat him and Sierra takes back his rune, he's all powerless and begging for his life... he's no longer the big immortal villain. That's when cruel Viktor kills him... what a barbaric thing to do! He'd have made a good SoD!

Mathiu's death was sad in the first game, because he wasn't satisfied with what he's done in his life and he didn't want to have the war in the first place. I didn't really like Mathiu, but it was still sad.
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

mumbay wrote:
I got a question wasn't it stated that Mathuia's death was a mistranslation

I think you maybe thinking of Leon Silverberg!

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kendo

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the most emotionally scene is for me Mathiu's death.

Also Luc`s and jimba`s death where sad.
Kira Yamato

Dragon Army

7000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hands down I have to say Odessa's death scene was the saddest one for me. I nearly cried a dang river.
Tokuro

White Storms

22016 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know why but I love the Highland generals...so I will go with those ones:
Kiba's death: He knew that he was going to dye but anyway he decided to hold his grounds...I just imagine he getting himself surrounded and his last toughs about Klaus and his mother...that was really a honorable act
As for Seed and Culgan it was really sad too, they fell on the ground and if you choose a prase that I can't remember and they say like "Was it so wrong that we fougth to the end for what we believed?" it was really sad. I could keep going because it saddens me when one that figths truly believing in himself lost... Japanese got some cool ways of making those sort of things
Suikofreak

Dragon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The most crushing scene for me was when Nanami died it actually made me depressed for about a week and i could not continue playing the game and when i found out that she was alive i cried again. Just something about her made me so depressed because she was only trying to protect her brother and her friend and she made one small mistake and died for it.
phroudon

Lizard Clan - larvae

2500 Potch
26 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gremios death and riou remembering is grandfather!
Always shed a tear when i hear that music(reminds me of my own grandfather and the things he taught me)
marlacon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me it was Pilika. Seeing her family die, and witnessing all that Luca did. Very saddening.
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me, it's Ted's death...
seeing that for 400 years he is wondering because of chased by Windy....
he never even close enough to any people near him, because he doesn't want any of them to be hurt....
and seeing him dead is making it worst for me....
poor Ted... :cry:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: