Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Saddest Suikoden Episode
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Viki - watch the Rhapsodia/Suikoden Tactics spoilers. You have effectively spoiled a portion of the plot for me and any others who read that.

We have two special forums that soley deal with Rhapsodia/Suikoden Tactics and Suikoden V information. This is because not everyone has had a chance to play Rhapsodia (and definately not V as it's not even out yet) so any information is a secret regarding those games.

Please think before you make a post as there are announcements in each forum regarding posting information about Rhapsodia.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hawkthanatos wrote:
She never really stood a chance against Luca Blight, it was sad that she was basically just butchered.

I always thought Pohl was a Male. Damn Suikoden II with it's confusing art. (Wakaba, Pohl, Jowy *I was fooled*)

Anyway to get me back on Topic...

Luca Blight's death, now that was sad. He may have been evil, but Riou and his allies could have spared him and chucked him in the jail, but oh no they had to shoot him about 20 times with arrows then smite him at the tree.

The death of Nanami is pretty sad even though she is one of my most annoyable characters of Suikoden II. Yes, you can save her with a high defence but if not, she gets hit by that arrow anyway and snuffs it. Truly sad for Riou and Co.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sarcasm is usually detectable by my good self, but, seeing as I'm uncertain in the wake of a semi-serious post...

Luca Blight got shot by the arrows and tried to make his mistake, true. He was easily pursued by Riou's group and eventually surrounded with no escape, also true. Riou then attacked Luca, killing him, false.

Luca Blight attacked Riou upon his capture. Riou defended himself and Luca, already severely wounded from before, snuffed it.

And Pohl is a guy.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

and either way shes not usablw anymore (a real pain on the first play through) lazy girl, like she couldnt of just said, oh by the way i didnt die, fancy a trip to l'renillie (sp) - my highland friends wont be happy with that spelling
Ray Grievous

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Odessa's, Gremio's, Ted's, Nanami's...

Scratch that: ALL of the deaths in Suikoden were touching.

All of the emotional scenes like that make you feel as if you've let [person] down yourself.

--Ray
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yuber's Apprentice

Dark -NoEr-

2500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think suikoden's saddest episode is when they cut off salon jhee's head..well at least to me it is hehe...oh and also the time when pilika lost her parents..imagine ur life without ur parents...
Yontory

9094 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gremio's death was the saddest scene. He involved a lot in the story and very loyal to Tir. And the fact that Tir cannot do anything to save him makes me sad. I almost hate konami for killing him.

And when dr. (i forgot his name) annouced that Nanami dies. she's the most funny girl in S2, cheerful and full of life. Thank god she just fakin it. I hate Nanami for doing that.

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden I- Gremio's death was the saddest to me, especially when he said "Young Master, I can't see now". I started to cry. Also Odessa's death. Even though her death determined the fate of the entire Scarlet Moon Empire, I never wanted to see her go.

Suikoden II- Anabelle's death. She had so much to live for..so many lives. And also Nanami's death, just because she was there for Riou all the time, and was (basically) the closest female to him.

Suikoden III- Yun's death was the saddest for me...she was a bit too mature about it, though. I hated the fact that Chris yelled at her for the ritual, and she called it "mumbo-jumbo"...which showed how little the Zexens knew about Grassland's rituals and ceremonies. She was so young, and so sweet, and it broke my heart how she had to sacrifice her life just because of some stupid war that Luc started.

Suikoden IV- Troy. He was used throughout the whole game by Graham Cray, and still fought to the end. He fought to protect his precious country, which was all just a lie.
Karthur

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the most touching death in the Suikoden series was Mathiu's. He was such a tragic character to begin with and for him to fall victim to a traitor just capped it all off. Poor fellow. I doubt the Liberation Army would have stood a chance without him.

(And no, I'm not just saying that because I'm a shameless fangirl)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Noah

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wondered why Yun became a star of destiny despite her 15 minute role in the game. But the saddest moment for me I think was when I started playing Suikoden 4... haha just kidding... I think it was where you could ditch the Tinto scenario part way, and go on this side trip where Nanami would up carrying the exhausted Riou on her back. You got to have 2 other people helping you out, but when you have Riou with no magic and 1 HP he really sucks... all you can hope for is killing the enemies in one turn. He also gets slapped by Shu AND Sir Georg... This is like Riou's downward spiral and only weak moment during the game... except maybe him just fainting after he killed Luca Blight.

When you take this story path, Ridley WILL die... for good. Then he is no longer a star of destiny, and his son Boris (who looks nothing like him, despite Richmond's "investigation") takes him place. Wouldn't Boris be at least slightly peeved at Riou? No, he just continues to fight the good fight and doesn't even have a moment for his dad... unless he's done crying or whatnot by the time you get there, it does take a little while to get back to Tinto.

With that being said, couldn't someone have replaced Yun...?

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wondered why Yun became a star of destiny despite her 15 minute role in the game. But the saddest moment for me I think was when I started playing Suikoden 4... haha just kidding... I think it was where you could ditch the Tinto scenario part way, and go on this side trip where Nanami would up carrying the exhausted Riou on her back. You got to have 2 other people helping you out, but when you have Riou with no magic and 1 HP he really sucks... all you can hope for is killing the enemies in one turn. He also gets slapped by Shu AND Sir Georg... This is like Riou's downward spiral and only weak moment during the game... except maybe him just fainting after he killed Luca Blight.

When you take this story path, Ridley WILL die... for good. Then he is no longer a star of destiny, and his son Boris (who looks nothing like him, despite Richmond's "investigation") takes him place. Wouldn't Boris be at least slightly peeved at Riou? No, he just continues to fight the good fight and doesn't even have a moment for his dad... unless he's done crying or whatnot by the time you get there, it does take a little while to get back to Tinto.

With that being said, couldn't someone have replaced Yun...?

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden III-Sadest parts Death of Lulu he was so young and was so ignorant and didn't get to lose his ignorance yet. As well as Jimba who died trying to stop the True Water Rune from being Stolen. And we had the young wise and sweet Yun who seemed so open to everything.

Suikoden IV-Glens death He had so much to teach Snowe and Hero and it was a lose for Katarina since Glen didn't even know that she was his daughter. Then We have Brandaeu who had so much internal suffering and him and kika never truly got together. And we can't for get about Crays son he never should have used the rune. Nor shall we forget Ragki's father. Never saw him become a man. And the Queen of Obel only if she could see the King, Flare, and Hero. Finall here comes Troy who died honorably.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zephron

Flying Moon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

(Note from the Mods: Please don't post Suikoden Tactics spoilers outside of the Suikoden Tactics forum, since European gamers have not yet played the game and don't want to be spoiled.)
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Way to spoil most of the games major spoilers one day away from the games release in Europe. Thanks a whole frigging buncharoonie.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the deaths WERE sad, yes. FOr me, though, the saddest part was running in Tinto. the whoel scene was VERY emotional. Ridley dying, allies staying back to stop zombies, georg saving the day, and the condition of the hero the whole time. that last confrontation with Shu was pretty sad too, I think.

Really. That entire peice was very sad, and I still debqate weather or not I should do it every game.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: