Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Saddest Suikoden Episode
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuikoGator

6724 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ted's death was probably the number one for me. Maybe the fact that he was talking to you with what little remained through the Soul Eater, and you knew what he was going to do. You wanted to stop him, there might be another way, but you were helpless.

Gremio's death. Oddessa's death. Nanami's death. Some of the ending variations in Suikoden 2. Basicly the whole scene gave me goosebumps. Teo's Death. BLACK'S DEATH! Poor Black. Ted being attacked at the palace, giving the souleater to Tir, then staying behind at Teo's house.

Anabellee's death. Why Jowy?!

So many... Great games.

Strange that I don't have many from Suikoden V. Maybe a couple, but I can't put them here, and they aren't the colsest to my heart anyway.
Cyrus the virus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"The evil moment" in Suikoden V wins it for me. For those of you who haven't played the game... PLAY IT NOW DAMMIT! ;)

Besides that, I have to go with seeing Ted in Suikoden IV. Perhaps a strange choice, but seeing him there, so unexpectedly, reminded me of what was coming to him in the future. Made me feel pretty bad.
lavenderprincess_sarla

18254 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mine would be Annabelle's death. She's still young to die and still have many dreams to pursue. Grrr. We don't know , maybe Annabelle and Viktor's feelings for each other is more than being friends. They would probably become lovers. And if Jowy didn't kill her, Annabelle would surely become a great leader. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Also, Luc's death .. well i was just so sad about that because he's my favorite character ,., =((

"To lead, you must first die in your mind. Let go of life, and embrace it" [ kiba ]

.=^.^=. :D
Erinyes

Zephyr Quill

7589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When Luc died. I haven't played the game but when I read the story of S3 and even watched the game in Youtube, it was so sad >_> if I posted here already, forgive me but that was years back.

I only played S1 once and my friend lost that super rare game >.> anyway, when I did read through, Mathiu's death seemed to be saddening as he never wanted anything to do with war (like Shu >.> imagine if HE died)

I read through Spooky Fyre's fanfic on her novelization of S1 in ff.net and her portrayal of Odessa's death touched me, so I guess that's one sad death.

But you know what, I think the saddest was Aldo's implied death but we can guess he's pretty dead. And I never played S4 either xD but yea, it makes me feel bad.
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The murder of Arshtat and Ferid.....that was so sad....
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The saddest one is the moment when Arshtat realize that she had just attacked Ferid with the Sun rune, and Ferid, though he know he'll die the next moment, stare back kindly at her, whispering a little. It's really heartbreaking.

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Suikoden series is littered with sad moments. Whenever a character dies, it has the potential to be a touching moment. Even enemies. For Luca's death, i believe sad isn't the emotion to feel. It was a valued death fitting for someone of his standards. Even Luca himself was satisfied with the battle up till his own death. He was satisfied with the way his life ended, having brought down hundreds with him while it took thousands to kill him as he stated himself. It was a satisfying death.

Now back on topic, there were many other moments that were sad. Nanami's death, Mathiu's death, Luc's death etc as mentioned by others. Sialeed's death was also a highly emotional episode to me. Her efforts to protect her dear nephew were so drastic and self sacrificing. She sacrificed not just her life ultimately, but even her dignity all just to protect the Prince from future threats. And worst still, the Prince was partially responsible for her death although he did not slay her directly. I also agree with the previous poster that the moment when Arshtat realised she had killed her greatest love at her own hands0 to be extremely emotional. One can only imagine the sheer pain and agony that she would have felt at that moment. Her death by Georg was the only respite she could have received.

But with all these emotional episodes, i belive Gremio's death is possibly one of the most touching and tragic scenerios. The depth of his loyalty and dedication to Tir Mcdohl makes one truely respect him. While some may find his annoying, but people who think that way only resemble spoilt brats who do not appreciate the efforts and love their parents show them. Gremio's selflessness towards Tir goes WAY beyond that of a simple servant and guardian. In a way, he is even greater than the role a father would play.

His willingness to sacrifice himself to ensure safe passage for Tir showed that even to the last moment, he thought of nothing else but Tir's safety. His act also ensured that Tir treasured his own life fully and would never jeopardise it, thereby wasting Gremio's sacrifice. That along with the gruesome method of death, leaving no corpse behind made his death highly emotional and touching.

It takes alot of effort of forgive Millich Oppenheimer after that. While he may have been controled by the Black rune, one would wonder why the hell he even grew and kept this sort of devilish spore in his possession in the first place.
DarkCalibur

46980 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1) Ted's Death (NOOOOOOO DAMN YOU WINDY DAMN YOU!!)
2)when Luc died (WHY MUST HE DIE!? WHY!? HE WAS LIKE MY FAVORITE CHARACTER EVER!!WHY KONAMI WHY?!@!#@$@!#!#@) :cry:
3)When Annabelle died ( i cant believe Futcher replaced her)
4)when Pohl died ( :cry: he was so nice to us too)
5) when Lyon died (bad ending)
Song Jiang

Liangshan

1368 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1.Pilakka watching her parents die them threatened my Luca
2.Mathiu's death he didnt deserve to die
3.Shu's speech with Leon in there last battle when the fire started

-IT IS THAT WHICH MAKES US DIFFERENT THAT BRINGS US TOGETHER.-
Splendid Monkey

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess deaths of Arshtat and Ferid take the cake for me. I remember feeling really sad for a while and damning the Godwins to hell for what they'd done to my home and my family. I gotta admit seeing Pilika after the levelling of Toto and realizing what had happened to her parents, who had been so kind to Jowy before, really struck a chord as well. Gremio's death shouldn't go unnoticed either. I guess you could see it coming what with Viktor's warning and Gremio musing that Tir perhaps didn't need him any longer but it still was a very emotional moment that made an impact.

Ted's death in I didn't really move me at all. At the time I played the game I was only 15 and my English wasn't really up to par yet so I missed some of the smaller details in the storytelling. For example, I wasn't aware that Ted was being manipulated by Windy so when he demanded his rune back and threatened to use force I just scoffed at him. Add to this I never liked Ted much even to this day. For a 300 year-old he sure doesn't act like much of an adult. I found him annoying and demanding and couldn't really picture him as my best friend.
nature_imbz

Verteidiger Von Natur Armee

13021 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:? well
i'm still new here
but
based on my experience
the most sad event is..
riou and jowy must fight for the final battle
it's so sad...
why bestfriends like them must evolve in a battle that require them to fight among them...
hiks...hiks
so sad actually

and the died of nanamy truly an event that "touch my heart"
it's so sad for riou to lst his presious sister that always protect him...

huhuhuhuhu
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wind Rune

640 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the saddest for me will always be Gremio's death in Soniere. even thinking about it makes me cry. mainly because that scene shows how much love he has for Tir. remember what he said in the inn in Rikon? how Tir was like a brother/son to him. deep and emotional. and to die for a person you love. that clinched it for me. good thing he got revived. i always take him in the final battle with the emperor
luc skywalker

6783 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: saddest suikoden episode Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the saddest suikoden moment was in suikoden 2 after the war. After all the hardship and the adventures that the characters went through in the game, they have to go out their separate ways. Even Humphrey who does not talk too much said that "....this is so sad." I really feel sad during that time because it was such a grueling war that was survived by the army of riou, and the thought of being separated from the characters that helped him win that war was very sad. This is the only Suikoden game that made me feel sad after the war. That's why I truly believe that Suikoden 2 is the best suikoden game ever.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just recently went through Suikoden V via YouTube, and the death scene for Ferid and Arshtat really got me. Though watching it a second time did bring to mind just how retarded that archer is, gaining the high ground by standing 6 inches above the ground! :P

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
EternalLight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Saddest Suikoden Episode Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nanami's death scene in Suikoden 2 if you didn't save her from the arrows.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: