Suikoden United and Irenic Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Saddest Suikoden Episode
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sadness

Razor Wind

3668814 Potch
14500 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Saddest Suikoden Episode Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What is the saddest episode for you on Suikoden? For me it is Annabelle's death, because she is so great!! She is so mature about her death, but I felt like she still had so much to live for, such as some romance with Viktor (or so I wish). That evil Jowy must die!

I also thought Luca Blight's death was sad. I felt sorry because Shu was so ruthless!
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The scene that touched me the most emotionally in a sad sense of the word would be Mathiu's death at the end of Suikoden I.

Yes, he wasn't a truely great strategist compared to the likes of Leon Silverberg but he did try his best and fighting for what he believed in. But died without ever coming to terms with himself for everything he had done and everything he had failed to do in his lifetime.

I found that to be very sad at the time.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Drakken

The Crimson Sword

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luca's death isn't real saw as a sad event, but with what he saw as a child I think that would make anyone go crazy so I can definitely sympathize with his character.

Also, the whole Pilakka thing pulled at my heart strings. I mean to survive when everyone else you know are massacred. I know its a trite tale, but it still got to me.

Also Mathiu and Annabelle's deaths were tragic cause they could have still stopped alot of suffering had they lived.

But for me the saddest would have to be Gremio's death. Yeah the game had forced him into your party alot, but I thought he was a good character. After he sacrificed himself I tried to behead Milich til the point I think Mathui knocked out my character.
And when your deepest thoughts are broken,
Keep on dreaming boy, cause when you stop dreamin? it?s time to die.
Sadness

Razor Wind

3668814 Potch
14500 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's true, I forgot about it because I thought mathiu was a boring character (design-wise). I guess it would be very sucky to die with so much grief and doubt; that WOULD be sad.

I also remebered gremio's death, and that was also sad.
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*content removed for lack of readability-use punctuation and PARAGRAPHS in your posts...you know, those things that separate ideas*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AKUMA X

12025 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think TEO's death was very sad...father and son fighting! :cry:
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to say that Lulu's death was sad. He was so young. Stupid Sarah! She made Lulu aggresive and made Chris angry. I hate Sarah! Kids really shouldn't die.

I also thought that the death of Wyatt Lightfellow (Jimba) was very sad. He was such an awesome character that played a big role in the lives of the three primary main characters.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I share everyone's opinion listed above and without just going over what they said I shall just add to the list. Towards the end of the first Suikoden where Ted wants you to give him back the Soul Eater. Yes it was Windy's fault and all, but in the end it forced Ted to give his own life to make sure Lord McDohl kept the Rune. So he lost his best friend after only just seeing him alive again. Quite emotional since he has already witnessed so much death beforehand. Lucky it did not push him over the edge and make him just disappear.

Also if you failed to defeat Teo with Pahn it makes you feel pretty bad as well when Cleo comments about it the next day. When I first played through the game I did not really know that it was possible to beat him with Pahn even though my brother said it was. So my stubbornness to ignore his views cost me Pahn's life haha. All is well though and Pahn is happily eating himself stupid every day.

Serioulsy though one of the best parts about Suikoden is its emotional storyline, moreso in Suikoden 1/2. I hope they (Konami) continue to mess with our heads and create more Suikoden games that involve a lot of sad deaths because like it or not they are always better when our hearts get broken in the process...
Dredge

Crimson Icarus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's alot of Sad moments in the Suikoden series. I dont think Annabelle's death was that terribly sad because the fact she was so mature about it. Took away some of the emotion from it. I was more stunned at the fact that Jowy betrayed "Riou" and Nanami like that. Luca's death wasn't that sad either i found it more satisfying then anything. This horrible blood thirsty man Luca wants to destroy everything to gain his desires in life. Shu has to be ruthless becuase it's Luca Blight the man said to be the strongest to ever exist in the Suikoden world.

For me the saddest moment are when Gremio dies. Because he cares so much about the safety of Tir McDohl and was willing to sacrifice his own life just to save his.Then you know Gremio is gonna die and just the way it goes down is sad.

Also the whole thing with Luc in Suikoden 3 is sad because he's been in both previous Suikoden's and you have grown attached to him. To find out Luc is evil and wants to destroy everything including himself is sad.His pain is so strong and he believes what he's doing is right i just found the whole situation very moving.
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember when you're running errands in the mercenary fortress and you're sent to get some flour, only to find they are out of it. Man, that was so sad! I'm brought to tears every time I get to the part when they are out of flour. I was quite relieved to find that the town over had flour in stock. Kind of like how you can get Gremio and Nanami back in the end, you can also eventually get flour.

In all seriousness, the Suikoden series has so many more sad scenes than most RPGs. I think that's one of the defining great things about Suikoden's story. For me, Gremio's death stands out because he's talking to you as he's being devoured and there's nothing you can do about it. He tells you that you don't need him any more so he's sacrificing himself for you to help you one last time (or something like that). Man, back in 95' that was REALLY dramatic for a game. It still is today imo.
Alterus

Jade Army

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Gremio's death was saddest for me... When he was devoured, I even felt somehow responsible - I answered 'yes' when he asked me to come with the party, and I thought 'no' option could inflict something... Boy, was I sad...

Also Mathiu's death was very sad as he made so much for the Liberation army... and he was a great professional. His last words almost made me cry... In fact, Mathiu was one of favourite characters in S1 cast (after Viki, Cleo, Pahn, Viktor). In my opinion, Shu and Mathiu are related by blood, but maybe even both of them don't know the fact. Shu does not look much like a Silverberg (btw: in my translation of SII they constantly called it 'Silverberg'), but his actions and speech are much alike I think. So maybe HE is the missing one? Who knows...
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found Gremio's death to be the most poignant, but then that whole game was littered with sad scenes, I think that's most likely because of the nature of the true rune involved in Suikoden 1.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are lots of really sad moments in S1 and S2, but the saddest for me was when Gorudo just stood by and watched the Muse refugees get massacred by Luca Blight, and there was nothing you could do about it.

I still wonder if there's a way to get Riou's unit down among the refugees, and block off the Highland soldiers in order to allow the refugees to escape. It seems possible, but I've never come close. Sometimes the refugees survive a couple of attacks, but I can never get Riou down there to help them in time. I always try, though!
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me, it wasn't the nature of Luca's death. He literally played judge and jury in his own death sentence, and I don't argue that. However, it's when he opened the little amulet with the fireflies. To this day, I'm still surprised that someone like him spent the time to open the cover and release the rest of them, but then it symbolized a deeply hidden part of him, that he had an unspoken reason to hate the City-States. And then the screen silently pans to the fireflies flying away above the tree, the final one vanishing within the blackening screen. That particular moment of silence was both sad in that we lose a pivotal villain, yet relieving that he's gone. It's a strange sort of sad, I know, but it gets me every time.

If you want a tear jerking sad moment, it's when Nanami leaves the party, whether she is actually killed or uses her death as an escape to get away from the war. Even though she and Viktor had some silly antagonism between them at times ("Nanami, don't wet the bed."), his outburst tells that he was genuinely worried about her too. Plus Nanami is my favorite fighter, apart from Pesmerga, when she does the Family Attack with Riou. To lose such a great attack bothers me to no end. >:(

Okay, I'll admit it. I'm difficult to get a few tears out of. I've seen so much that few moments actually bother me. *shrugs*

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will list what I thought were the saddest events in Suikoden III Below. SPOILERS, I guess.

1) Lulu's Death - I was sad mainly for Chris here. Lulu was an annoying little brat who I hated. i was sad because he attacked Chris and it would have been either her or him. If a kid lunges at me with a dagger, I'm killing him and I don't care what you think. That Hugo was angry with her made it even worse, I wish he tried to fight her there, but it didn't happen.

2) Yun's Death - No idea why they bothered to make her a star of destiny, but oh well. That Chris and Nash were able to protect her and make her sacrifice valuable makes it even sadder. All she was doing was dying to protect the True Water Rune, and Luc and his crew get it not too long after.

3) When Sana gives the True Fire Rune out and tells everyone that her lover, the Flame Champion, is dead. That was a pretty sad and touching moment.

4) When Luc Died - He was so cool! With his coat and his True Wind Rune and his big boots and cute girl worshipping the ground he walked on, Luc had it made. I was sad because he was a good villain, but I was happy too, that he was able to free his soul from the True Wind Rune.

*End Spoiler*
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: