Suikoden Unique and Illegal Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Disgaea 3
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Disgaea 3 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
July 17, 2007 - After years of sucking time away from PlayStation 2 owners, Nippon Ichi is finally moving on to the next generation. At Sony's PlayStation PremierE event in Tokyo today, the third party publisher formally announced Disgaea 3 for the PlayStation 3.

Currently, we have just few details on the game, which is fully titled Makai Senki Disgaea 3. Once again a strategy RPG featuring a variety of selectabe units, the title appears to take place in a school setting. One screenshot shows a school backdrop with a menu prompting the player to change seats, go to your home room, or take part in graduation and entrance ceremonies.

The two screenshots we have suggest that Nippon Ichi hasn't quite abandoned its current set of visual tools in the move to the PS3. For a look at 2D sprites against 3D backdrops all presented in HD, check out the screens.

Disgaea 3 is set for Japanese release this winter.

I still need to catch up with 1 and 2 o.o;;

But its good that PS3 is finally getting some decent games.

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, the question is....who are they trying to appeal to? People who are fans of the series, or the gamer crowd in general? While I approve of this, I just not sure how far this game will go towards helping the PS3.

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've gotten the first two games on the PS2 so I'll more than likely get this as well. I'm not going to buy a PS3 just for this game but I'm sure there's bound to be at lest a couple more games on the system to justify me getting it and thus be able to play the series which gave birth to one of my favorite Tactics units ever: Prinnies!

D00d!

Here are the screencaps Yvl must've seen.

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This nice to see. I hope other series like this make it to the PS3. I've never tried Disgae but maybe it's time I did. The gameplay is good from what I have heard. I just hate paying so much money for an old game and they are so hard to find.
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If they can release Disgaea on the ps3 like this, we may get a Suiko yet.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I just not sure how far this game will go towards helping the PS3.

Well of course it'll take alot more games than this to bring the PS to its former glory, but this is definately a step in the right direction. With how likely SO4 is to be on PS3, as well as the FFs that make it to the PS3, there seems to be hope for it yet.

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Yvl, this is a definite step in the right direction. If the PS3 gets more games like this, then it might stir some interest with me.

Drunking soldiers are us!!

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree if they get more games like Disgae game it should help them turn around the playstation 3 and make a run at being number 1 in game making like they use to be.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not exactly pushing the Playstation 3's hardware to it's limits but still, games shouldn't have to for a good experience. I look forward to Disgaea 3.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I demand to get confirmation that the Prinnies will be back. This game will so fail if the D00ds are not back in a major capacity.

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
Not exactly pushing the Playstation 3's hardware to it's limits.

This is true. Seems most of the improved graphics is put into the environment. Not a huge difference, but we all know the game is more than just looks.

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Woo! This is a game I can get, and I so will. It might even be my first one for the PS3. Hell, I might even import. Anyway, the whole school theme seems like Persona 3, mixed with Netherworld elements. I can't wait, it looks trippy... the main character is the guy with white hair? I wouldn't be surprised.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Kain

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

PS3 huh?.. i might wait i for a long time..

owh well i'm also looking forward to this game... i enjoy play one and two... and i expect more from 3...

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Two games announced that will force me to get a PS3. Things are looking good for Sony.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bah! I need to finish Disgaea I, and then II before this one comes out. Not that I have a PS3 anyways...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: