Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Dumbest Ways you have died in a video game
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rincewind

Architect of the Pass - Phoenix Regiment

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Dumbest Ways you have died in a video game Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know, when you just die a stupid way that you shouldn't have.

Lunar 1: Not saving and not playing the ocarina while walking up to Luna. Had to fight Ghaleon again.

Disgaea: Promotion Exam, instead of selecting an action, I hit end turn, and I would have passed on that one turn had I actually attacked.
Loran Cehack

Moonlight Butterfly

203221 Potch
200 Soldiers
122 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden: I didn't read the defeat conditions and sent Benkei after Jerid and Kacricon.
Rincewind

Architect of the Pass - Phoenix Regiment

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also remembered, not so much a death, but in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, I was doing the save Lance mission. I had fought my way into the junk yard, kill off all the guys gaurding him, thought there was one more guy, and ended up unloading a uzi clip into Lance. x.x Mission Failed.
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Final Fantasy X-2.

I was fighting two Queen Courels (Or however it's spelled) and a chocobo.

The two Queen Courels cast DeathBlaster on Yuna and Rikku, and although it didn't auto kill them, it left them both at 1 HP.

The Chocobo then proceeded to cast Chco Meteo, killing Yuna and Rikku and bringing Paine down to critical HP.

One of the Queen Courels cast a Fira on Paine, who was a Berserker and had a Magic Defense of four, and killed her.

Game over.

Because of a Chocobo.

Yeah.

I win this thread.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*playing some old Mario game back in the day*

friend: Hey, go down that hole; you'll get more points.

Somebody got his ass kicked that day. :evil:
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

El Regrs wrote:
*playing some old Mario game back in the day*

friend: Hey, go down that hole; you'll get more points.

Somebody got his ass kicked that day. :evil:

Haha! That old classic. For me it was Sonic the Hedgehog on the Mega Drive (Genesis) where I used that line. It was more believable then because I believe the original Sonic the Hedegehog actually did have a small number of pits with coins and the like placed on an off screen platform.

Most of my deaths in video games, especially from the 8 and 16-bit era involved the classic "Why didn't he move, I pressed the damn button!" moments fairly often.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Sadness

Razor Wind

3668814 Potch
14500 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think the stupidest death I had was in super mario brothers where I got stuck in some blocks unable to move. i died after i ran out of time. it was pitiful.

[/url]

Last edited by Sadness on Sat May 07, 2005 2:39 am; edited 6 times in total
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The dumbest way I can remember is throwing a plasma grenade in Halo 2; it bounced off a wall and stuck to me. I don't remember a whole lot of my old 8/16 bit days. :(

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sadness wrote:
i think the stupidest death I had was in super mario brothers where I got stuck in some blocks unable to move. i died after i ran out of time. it was pitiful.

That reminds me of the very first time I played Super Mario Brothers on the Nintendo Entertainment System. Which was my very first games console as well as my very first game.

I couldn't wrap my mind around the concept of HOLDING THE DIRECTION BUTTON DOWN to move. So what I would do was tap the directional pad right, stop, then do it again, and again and again.

As you can imagine it was horrible slow and I never did make it to the end of level flag jump before the time ran out, no matter how quickly my practically-infant self tapped at the button. So that was a pretty pathetic first series of deaths.

I'm telling you, it was a revelation when I discovered I could quadruple my run time by keeping my finger on the button.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Genome Soldier

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was playing Battlefield: Vietnam one day and I grabbed a jeep as an American soldier and drove at top speed. Later on I found an NVA soldier running away and I ran him over...and into a tree ahead of me, blowing my jeep and myself up. I laughed but it was a pretty dumb way to die.
Providence Luc

The Millenium Swords

109035 Potch
275 Soldiers
71 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was playing FFVII. During the Scorpion-robot-boss. Barret was saying to attack WHEN IT'S TAIL IS UP. So, I did...

It unleashed it's laser attack and wiped us out. =_=

There's also that time when I was playing Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. I was doing stunts with a motorcycle on various ramps. I jumped this one ramp that led me to the water.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a few really dumb ways that i died:

Metal Gear Solid 2: Walking on an edge then looked away for a couble of seconds splash right in the water. I have no idea what happened but i might of moved the controler so he fell of the edge.

Suikoden 1: I was walking on the map alone with just Tir got into a fight and got killed, reset the game happened again, this may of been going on for minutes before a gave up.

Suikoden 2: Final Battle, i was had not played the game for months but desided to play Suikoden 3 so i needed to finish Suikoden 2. I got into the final Battle and forgot about Forever sign. Got destroyed all thanks to those status effects.

Final Fantasy 10: it was my first battle inside of Sin and i was wiped out of there by the first random encounter, o man was i stupid.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Halo: Jumping in front of a mass of weapon fire being shot at a marine, to try and save his life. Why bother? Of course I got killed because my shield were down, and when I respawned the damn marine did not even thank me! Last time I ever do that... Stupid because it was unnecessary. Oh and one time I forgot that jumping off a spiraling obyss into darkness leads to eventually death.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas: Jumped out of a helicopter and then I realized I could not work out how to use a parachute. They are still picking up my remains off the sidewalk...

Suikoden 4: Thinking my party was buff for the beginning of the game, and in trying to make myself seem special I went up against the Angel Hairball the first chance I got. Yeah I am sure you know what happened next. One unhappy chappy who wiped my party out pretty quick. You just wait little furball, I shall get you next time.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It happened in Final Fantasy Ten. I was fighting against Yunalesca. She zombified my entire party. If you're not familiar with Final Fantasy games, zombie causes all healing items or spells to damage your characters. Then, I had Rikku in overdrive. I mixed two healing items together to try and get rid of zombie. I accidentally made a megalixer (heals all Hit Points and Magic Points) and since all three of my characters were zombies, the megalixer actually damaged my characters and I got a game over. It was really stupid and frusterating.
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Final Fantasy VII - I remember some monster on Mt. Nibel somehow poisoned Cloud. I was even stupider for not realizing it, and when I went to fight the Materia Keeper, Cloud had 12 HP and immediately dropped dead. I also found out I had no Phoenix Downs, and the keeper killed my party easily. I had to go through that Maze again, after buying more Phoenix Downs, at least.

Suikoden III - True story: I played through the whole game the first time (about 68 hours) without realizing that Sacrificial Jizos could resurrect people, and as such did not have a revive spell until I had a Flowing Rune. Made the game alot more difficult.

Street Fighter II - My stupid old friend Shawn used Chun Li all the time and always just punched like a little cheap beatch. I took the highroad, though; Once you learn Guile's Sonic Boom or Ken's Hadoken you can redefine what it means to be cheap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: