Suikoden Unique and Irenic Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Fire Spears
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In Suikoden II, the Fire Spears have a range of two squares. That's fairly significant. It could be chalked up to a gameplay element, but that's a sissy excuse.

I think it's possible that Fire Spears are indeed set up to have a flame-thrower effect, despite their real world origin. It's important to note that Viktor threw a bunch of them into the furnace at the Mercenary Fort. While gunpowder would certainly cause some damage, if they were filled with some sort of flammable liquid, that could cause some serious damage.

Magicians of Lordlake

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I allwas though that they were spear that shot a stream of fire out of there tips.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the fire spears in Suikoden are more akin to simple flame throwers. The fact that Tsai can fix them can be solved by identifying what the problem was. They were rusty! Any talented weaponsmith would be able to refit metal to an object; in this case, fire spears. I do agree with the connection between japanese fire lances and Suikoden fire spears, but it would seem from animation and game mechanics in the second game (and somewhat, in the first), that flame thrower is more accurate. I think it is just the games creators taking liberty with their history inspired elements.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: