Suikoden Ugly and Informational Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Blank Tables in Searches

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Blank Tables in Searches Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To reproduce this error I cannot link you to it.

First you must make a search.

1. Put in something generic that gives results that are more than two pages. "Game" and "Control" is what I used.

2. Then go to the last pages, they are all blank tables for some reason. The number of blank tables seems to be determined by the amount of results that the user gets from the search.

I am using Firefox.
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Same problem here, and I use IE. I searched for "game". I took a screenshot too:

Blank

As you can see, these blank pages go on for a bit, as I'm on page 45 out of 47, and it's still blank.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the screenshot Ezekiel, seems it applies to Internet Explorer as well.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I tried a search for Runes with this Refresher browser i use here in work and the results turned up fine.

The IE browser also worked for me.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm guessing here, but I think the search function searched for the whole board. The empty pages might be the result that are located in forums where you don't have access to (e.g.: Uji cannot see results in nation forums, but it still showed up as the numbers of result). I could be wrong obviously.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aurelien wrote:
I'm guessing here, but I think the search function searched for the whole board. The empty pages might be the result that are located in forums where you don't have access to (e.g.: Uji cannot see results in nation forums, but it still showed up as the numbers of result). I could be wrong obviously.

I don't think so, as the same problem occurs when limiting the search to one forum.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's nothing to do with browsers. The server generates that information. Basically, it's just a part of phpBB's fugly pagination system and lack of... coordination among the developers.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Technical issues Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: