Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Richard-Maru!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject: Richard-Maru! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yurika! All behold! I'm about the sow the seed of conspiracy...I have no time to work out the finer details, so I leave it up to you; here is. Richard of Suikoden V, is TRUELY Rikimaru of Suikoden II!!!! BEHOLD!! THE MYSTERY REVEALED!

And now, it up to you to validate this. Go on, do the reasearch, you'll see nearly all the pieces fit...aside from the age issue.. Let's see, I'll list the most obvious points:

1) This is explained in the Rikimaru is Richard Silverberg (btw, this could still be true! BUAHAHHA!) - Riki = Richard. DUM DUM DUM.

if that's not enough...

2) Richard likes candy, that's how he was drugged...Rikimaru likes food, over time I suppose Richards appetite has grown.

3) Richard is very laid back, as is his Suikoden II counterpart

4) They are both Chian Stars of Destiny

5) Rikimaru is seeking revenge; Richard was fiercy loyal to Mueller in SV after he killed Richards father (and possibly the father of Mathiu and Odessa) - perhaps some ill has befallen Muller and Rikimaru is seeking revenge. A swordsmen out to avenge his master, so tragic..

6) Um..they both have brown hair..

7) They're both fairly tough..of course the skills would rust with age..

Now I turn this over to my fellow Suikox'ers, I know we can turn this into a credible theory! truely the only weakness it has is that they are 4 years different in age. Hmm...perhaps a lie?

I hate you Onimaru.
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm, those are some decent points. I dunno, it seems like a stretch to me. The difference in looks between Rikimaru and Richard are so different (at least from what I remember)

And it's all going by "if the age is a lie" theory. I dunno....I'd like to believe if they even give an age to a character, it is set in stone.

*ponders this more*

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed, well a number of years do pass between suikoden V and II, that would well explain the change in appearance...ahh, the loss of youth. le sigh.

And as for the age being a lie, well...plenty of people tell others they're younger than they really are. Richard SV would be "older" than Rikimaru, so if the two were one in the same, it's not a stretch to say that Rikimaru is sensative about his age and shaves a few years off if anyone asks. Christ, my mom's been 44 for like 10 years...

I hate you Onimaru.
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Onimaru wrote:
Indeed, well a number of years do pass between suikoden V and II, that would well explain the change in appearance...ahh, the loss of youth. le sigh.

And as for the age being a lie, well...plenty of people tell others they're younger than they really are. Richard SV would be "older" than Rikimaru, so if the two were one in the same, it's not a stretch to say that Rikimaru is sensative about his age and shaves a few years off if anyone asks. Christ, my mom's been 44 for like 10 years...

I'd say that's a great point if age was actually said in game. If age was something you could find out from doing reports on people, then yeah. But it comes from the actual art books/encyclopedia's. So, it's being presented to you by the company, and doesn't include the personality of the character. Does that make sense? It does in my head.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nice theory, don't think I agree with it though.

1. Birth dates

They have birth dates that are listed differently, making Richard older than Rikimaru at the start of Suikoden II.

2. Appearance

They look completely different, Richard wears different clothes to Rikimaru which are likely to come from Zelant. Rikimaru however has more of a ronin-like appearance, and fits that stereotype of being scruffy and fighting for food.

3. Origin

Rikimaru's origin is clearly given, which is strange for a character of his importance in the story, and it is listed he comes from the Scarlet Moon Empire, whilst Richard comes from Zelant.

I like how Richard and Rikimaru are the same star of destiny though, it is a very nice theory, good work. :)
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jordi and Kika are the same star as well. They're great candidates if you ignore appearance, age, and origin. I mean look at it this way, Kika has two eyes, Jordi has two eyes, how could they NOT be the same person?

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey now, don't insult my baby! Haha, no - initially I was just joking and putting out another off the wall insane theory. I was hopeing others would pick up pieces and start MAKING them fit togeather. It would have been a good time, but all you nay sayers had to go and spoil it. Honestly, people still think Queen is Jillia Blight - we need these wacky theories to keep ourselves busy while we wait for the next Suikoden Game. No body feels there is any merit to this? Aww, shucks...well that sucks. There's got to be SOMEONE who wants to take a crack at making this a credible theory (You would think it would be me, but hey, I'm a busy guy)

I hate you Onimaru.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Queen is Jillia theory has some merit because of unknown information related to them. When there are unknown bits, you can't really argue about is because you don't know whether it's true or false. And of course, there's some similarities between them (e.g.: black hair, similar physique, etc). But when it comes to Richard and Rikimaru, there's nothing similar at all between the two. It's too far-fetched to somehow make it possible.

Another thing that I hate about this "X is really Y" theory is that many of those cannot explain why the need to have two different names (something that actually quite believable on Queen-Jillia theory)

On a side note, I don't think Queen is Jillia either. They're two different people.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

People actually believe that one? I'm really shocked by that.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe all the crackpot theories that can't be disproven. The games are more awesome that way.

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are physical similarities there - I mean, they both have brown hair...and really, that's about all since we can't determine eyecolor by the drawings. Time wasn't kind to him, that's all.

I hate you Onimaru.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A lot of people get stopped on these theories because the characters stars are different.

This theory is proof that you can be reaching even when the stars are the same. :*laugh*:

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Hikoichi

The Tiger On The Storm!

107585 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yo

In my opinion...

Rikimaru aren't Richard.

Richard is like Haku (Naruto)...and Rikimaru is a travelling swordsman who use a oriental kind of sword and his "acts" are very diferent from Richard's

Richard hair is completely diferent from Rikimaru
Richard face don't remember Rikimaru
Rikimaru use some "oriental" "vagabond" clothes and Richard use ocidental young swordsman clothes.

Well...only the game can reveal this secret for us,right? :D

That's all.

RH : Fierce Tiger

I have a training to complete...
and friends to help...
So,Master I won't let me down!!
Scar

Scar's Scourge

24083 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Where is Riki's swallow?

Also, Sid is Landis!
Dilber Novum

8481 Potch
156 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Forget it... I don't belive it.

Richard is a skilled sword fighter while Rikimaru is a skilled big time eater. Richard is well know for his swftness and technique. Rikimaru ain't that good. I have to disagree with that. Just because Richard would NEVER leave Wilhelm and Mueller. NEVER.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: