Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Need tips and strategies for the Rita-pon game
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Need tips and strategies for the Rita-pon game Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

6 hours......6 FREAKING HOURS!!! Today for 6 hours I have played Rita-pon in vain I cantbeat that little !@#$%^&^%$# I am sick of Ritas voice, someone please helpppppppppp!!!!!
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you understand the basic rules and you just can't seem to win, then here are some general tips.

Go for sets of three (as in three tiles of a certain colour rather than gathering four set of pairs) it increases your chances of getting the right tiles to win.

Elemental sets are big winners but hard to achieve. Rita almost always uses her elemental tiles straight away, making it extremely difficult to win with a Reach.

Don't discard your elemental pieces, even when going for a Reach! Rita can use them and can often times go for a Pon. Big no-no.

And, obviously, mute your tv and put on some music. I like Rita's voice in general but it really grates after hearing the same phrases over and over.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Dakota

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rita:Yay I win, come back anytime.

*smashes TV*

Thanks John Layfield, I hope I can beat her today Ill report the results.
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Always use the Earth tile is what I do unless you have the Fire tile too.

also wait to use Fire or Wind until she has a reach

I admit i do get frustrated myself several times, but it is quite easy to regain it....

Go to Na-Nakl square with a Slash rune and fight 4+ battles

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Dakota

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Victory Rita is defeaTED thanks to your tips and some expert stategy I won. Another thing where is the Slash Rune?
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that the slash rune is won from the training hall. After you beat Reinhold once and get the fury rune, any other times you beat him, you will get the Slash Rune.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just bought the slash rune. (I think from Jeane)
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Slash rune can either be purchased or won in the training hall.

I think I got one from an enemy as well, although I could be mistaken.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The slash rune can be won from the training hall and you can dig one up when treasure hunting on Donut Island. Cant remember if I saw one in Jeanne's shop.

Do colour sets not need to be "1-2-3"..? Well anyway I beat her pretty easy after a bit of practise. After the card game in FFX-2 this was easy to get used to.

Lightning rune is your friend. I use it as often as I can ( without killing an elemental set ), and go for the 1-2-3 rather than 2-2-2, since there is a far higher chance of drawing the piece you need.

Go Go Power Rangers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, colour sets can either be 1-2-3 or triple.

I hate that little ...brat. I almost win at the ninth round, and she comes back with a 6000 point killer. -_- I just crap along as I play, really.

Does it really matter if you use the Wind block? To me, it seems like the AI ignores it, but I guess it's better than just chucking it.

Does anyone have a list of different picture combinations? (Apparently some are better than others...)
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, beating Rita was hard at first but one shouldn't give up. I managed to beat her after four tries. It's all about understanding the game. You could already plan for whether you pick a 1-2-3 or talking the same colors. So you won't nedd to make it up as you go...

As for the Slash Rune, I got it after treasure hunting. Not sure where though. It's rather a headache to remember...

Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aim for sets of three, and use your elemental pieces when you reall NEED to. I often get 3 elemental pieces, maybe I'm just lucky.

And, the treasure hunting areas change every game, I think. I'll check later

John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Captain Hero wrote:
And, the treasure hunting areas change every game, I think. I'll check later

No, it doesn't. Treasure Hunting locations do not change with each game you play, they just get really annoying.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Are you sure about that? I heard that they were in fact random. Where as the location on the island changes each time. But I've only done it once so I haven't been able to confirm it or not, so I guess I'll take your word for it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, for some confirmation.

Either they stay the same. Or I got really lucky and had every single one of my locations be randomly selected the same as some saps randomly selected locations that he listed for me.

So, yeah, I'm willing to bet on it being fixed. Or I'm really lucky. Which I'm not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: