Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Darko wrote:
Is that how it is for all the animals (sheep, chickens)?
Yeah it is...I have to say...I was almost killed by several of em several times
Beware the killer sheep~~ ooooohhh *insert twilight music
My fav monster I've run into so far had gotta be the wolf. It's treated as the substitute for the horse (aka you can ride the wolf around) and PERSONALLY speaking....
I'm sorry but riding a wolf around is 10 times better than the horse!

But yeah...I'm sort of pissed about the grass =x for one you have to water it to make it grow and 2 IT DOESN'T REGROW! D=

Tip about the grass though: When you cut the grass it makes one piece of fodder for every monster hut you have...
meaning...if you have 1 hut ---> cut 1 square grass = 1 fodder
on the contrary have 7 huts ---> cut 1 square grass = 7 pieces of fodder

I can't decide if I like that or not =x

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The grass is probably the second most annoying thing for me. I think it's a really stupid concept. Watering it I could have dealt with, but the fact that it doesn't regrow just drives me nuts. On the flip side of things, your monsters never get sick, and it doesn't affect their ability to produce eggs/wool/milk/honey, so in all trueness, you could just not feed them. I've seen that recommended a couple times, if you brush them every day they'll still gain friendship hearts and get the job done. Watch out for animal abuse, yikes.

I just picked up the wolf myself. I just finished the second dungeon. I have to say I like the monster concept a lot more than I thought I would. Even though to capture them, you have to let them pound the crap out of you, while you shove hearts at them with a friendship glove.

The thing that annoys me the most is that the other potential couples in the game never get married though, which annoys me greatly. Even if just some of them married, it'd be nice. I don't see why they didn't implement that into this game, it's pretty standard issue.

The festivals are sort of lame, too. I do find the townspeople are a little more in tune with what's going on in the town though, they're still sort of drone like as the other HM games have been, but I find they tend to know a little more about what's going on. Seriously though, if they could have just let the other bachelors marry off to the ladies in the city, this game would have been pretty much perfect for me.

It's still pretty badass though, I will admit, I definitely recommend it. Whenever I can get to wifi access, someone needs to trade back and forth with me, we can raise the levels of some stuff! It'll be fancy ;)

-My DeviantArt-
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So I went against my better judgement and spent my last thirty some bucks on this game two days ago. So far I don't regret my decision though. :mrgreen:

I'm really digging the graphics. It's vaguely reminiscent of the Golden Sun style. Now if they would only have used similar spirtes I would have rated it an A+ in that department. The 3D models of the characters and monsters don't look that great. In fact, they look downright wonky and deformed. Oh, well, it's not a huge issue. One small change that I noticed was that you don't start the game with the standard farm tools. I think you have a watering can and a hoe, but the rest of the stuff you have to go out and get. It's fairly simple to obtain the other equipment, but I still haven't gotten a hold of the hammer, which bugs me a bit since my farm is still littered with rocks and boulders. Also, in the cave there appears to be some rocks with gold pieces embedded in them. I'm guessing you have to break the rocks with a hammer to get to the golden goodness? You can buy a hammer from the smith, but it looks like it's made more for battle and I don't want to waste my money only to find that I can't use it to break rocks.

I want to figure everything out on my own though so I'm not going to go look at a FAQ. I'm hardcore like that. :twisted:

So far, I like most of the characters. Like Elzie mentioned, I'm pretty miffed about other potential couples not being able to wed. I always liked playing cupid and having all the other folks get married too. ;_; And grass that doesn't re-grow?! Jigga-wha?!

I think I want to marry Melody because she's dressed like a witch and I like the idea of my baby having warrior-sorceror genes. I know, I'm weird, shaddup. I also like Sharron and Tabatha. Mei's cool too because she looks like a ninja! I want Camus to be my best friend because he's hawt and because I like the way he says "I'm different... from my father." I think he's interested in Melody though, and I'm worried he might leave if I chose her as a wife. :(

I must say I'm glad that the days go by a lot slower compared to Harvest Moon 64. I haven't played many of the recent titles so I don't know how fast or slow the days progress in them. Rune Factory has just the right amount I think--- enough time to get your chores done, talk to everyone in town, maybe do some fishing and cave exploring, and even more talking with the folks. At the same time I don't have to just sit there and let time go by and it's rare when I go to bed early.

I need a few more pieces of wood before I can build a monster hut. I'll be able to start monster hunting then! In so far, I like this game a lot and I'm eager to play it some more! ^_^;;

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You won't need to buy a hammer, you'll get it a bit later.. I can tell you if you like, but I don't know how anti spoiler you are.

The sprites for the monsters don't bother me so much, but the characters... am I crazy or do they all look like they have ape arms? Funny stuff.

Melody is cute, but I believe if you marry her then the baths stop working. You can take them, and for free, but I think they stop doing the regen your hp/rp. So I heard anyway.

I'm still peeved that the other couples won't marry. Regardless, my favorite is Tabatha, who no one else seems interested in, lucky me. I'll just tell myself the other couple get together, shhh. I don't see why they went and left the whole rival concept out of the game though, oy. I'll stop there or I'll complain about it for hours.

I just found the chicken monsters not to long ago, so I'm pretty happy with this new cave, it's neat. ^^

-My DeviantArt-
Zangetsu

Getsuga

209279 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've never played any of the harvest moon games. A friend of mine has and he loves it. My guess is it's one of those games that is alot more fun to play than it look. So with this new one coming out I might pick it up.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You don't really need to buy any of the basic tools for all that matters...

Elzamine wrote:
You won't need to buy a hammer, you'll get it a bit later.. I can tell you if you like, but I don't know how anti spoiler you are.
You know speaking of the hammer....I don't know about anyone else but I had issues with getting that hammer XD but that's probably because of my own stupidity...I don't remember...

I'm not really that pissed that you can't let other characters marry each other....I personally always had trouble matchmaking couples
...I think it's cuz I like to go overboard with trying to make every girl like me and be all like "BWUAHAHA! I'm popular! They all like me! The rest of u guys SUCK!!"

XD

wah...I think I'm on the 3rd cave now...Gigant cave or something...
oh funny/stupid thing I notice that I seem to be doing...like the last two caves I'd plant stuff in the caves...before they even go ripe (and produce rune point spheres) I run through the cave like mad and beat the boss...thereby no reason for me to care for whatever I planted in the cave anymore
XD;; gawd I'm bad....I wasting alot of money doing it like that...it's so unintentional too...most of the time I just wanna see how far in the boss is...but then I end up running back in to beat it the next day...

Ah well
Fun fun~

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nadistu just wants all the ladies! tut tut :P

I won't lie, I got lost over the hammer and went and looked it up. I haaaaate having an unclear field, so it was driving me nuts.

Has anyone been hit by those tsunami's? I was hit late summer, and then I got hit with another one a couple days into autumn. It was right after I planted all my seeds, too. Sneaky weather, it's a jerk lol.

I'm in the 4th cave now, finally found the chicken monsters and caught 4, then found the cow and ran away cause it was scary and I didn't have a hut for it, yipes!

I'm working on the house upgrade at the moment though. I've got the 2K wood for it finally, I'm just trying to finish off the money side. I think I need 40K more, but I just planted a pile of sweet potatoes for autumn and they grow fast and give good money so here's to hoping those help! ^^

-My DeviantArt-
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah wait...I seemed to have miscounted =o I'm on the 4th cave as well...It's the one on the mountain top right?
I keep forgetting that the 1st cave is in the other direction...and then I miscount ^^;;

I myself went and caught 2 "chickens" and two "cows" the moment I found em =p cow almost killed me though so I had to get the 2nd one the next day XD;;;
weird thing bout the chickens and cows o.0 seems you can't get eggs from them/milk them everyday like in other HM games....I'm guessing they most be like the sheep in that you can only get em once a week =x well THAT'S ANNOYING!

Ah...I was hit by a tsunami once....however I was *cough* trying to get rainy weather when it did hit (it's a complicated story why I was trying to get rainy weather) so I reset the game and weather changed to something else =p

Sweet potatoes are cool XD After beating the 2nd cave I've still been using the it to level up my sweet potatoes actually =P

Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think all animals give you items every 4 days now. Not as much income, but in the same respect, if you don't feed them they don't get mad or sick and will still pump out the goods, so you can save money in the long run.. if you're a horrible person :D

I beat the 4th cave today and opened up Misty Bloom, of course I can't do anything until winter when the pond freezes. I only have a couple days to go though, goodie!

I put in the update for my house, it'll be upgraded by winter, hophop! ^^

-My DeviantArt-
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elzie wrote:

I think all animals give you items every 4 days now. Not as much income, but in the same respect, if you don't feed them they don't get mad or sick and will still pump out the goods, so you can save money in the long run.. if you're a horrible person

Haha! I think I'll only do this with the ugly ones that don't produce anything. I'll just keep them around, making them do chores all day everyday. :twisted: Wait... do they have to like you in order for you to make them do chores around the farm? I've been taking good care of my other animals though. All my woolies (or whatever they're called) are churning out Large Wool. I have the Yarn Maker so I'm making some nice cash with them. I'm trying to improve my cooking skillz and so I've been saving up my eggs and milk to try out new recipes.

I also cleared the fourth cave. Sucky part of it was that it was at the very begining of Fall so now I have a whole month to wait before I can enter Misty Bloom. ;_; Oh well! My farm is full of crops now that I don't have anything else to do. It literally takes me half the day just to water all of them and clear out all the stumps and weeds each day. Seriously, I've noticed that junk appears around the farm a lot more when you have most of it plowed. It's kind of annoying, but at least I'm improving my Logging skill! :P

When the hell is Neumann going to finish upgrading my house?! I want to start making my own weapons and medicine! He said it only took ten days! I want my house renovated NOW!!! >:O

Everyone in town loves me! I think the only ones I don't have at 10 friendship are Zavier and Sharron and that's only because I always forget to go look for them since they're hardly ever in town. Melody has six love hearts but Elzie mentioned that after you marry her, you can't replenish your health and RP by going to the baths. What the hell kind of crap is that?! The baths are SUPREMELY useful, especially when you're leveling up and exploring the caves. I don't want to have to give them up but I want to get married and have a kid too! Decisions, decisions. :roll:

All in all, I'm still really enjoying this game. I think they did an incredible job of fusing a farm simulation with RPG-style dungeon crawling. The monster designs aren't half-assed either and the combat system isn't nearly as simplistic as you would imagine! Though I'm kinda pissed at myself for buying that Razor Sword spell book or whatever it's called. It's weak and is only useful when you're out numbered by enemies.

This is definitely a recommendable RPG, especially for people who aren't really into farm/life sims.

Don't like to farm? Well now you don't have to! With the new Rune Factory Harvest Moon you can put yo ho down and go kick some monster ass! :twisted: That should totally be Natsume's slogan for the next game.

Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, you can keep the hoe if you really want, I beat an orc up with mine. Watering can is able to kill, too!

Getting the house upgrade made things so much easier. Screw waiting for the blacksmith to make your tools, upgrade them all on your own. I can super water, chop and mine anything now. Making yourself some of the fancy swords helps things, too. I made a decoration that boosts my critical hit up too, and a luck blade. Though I made a better blade.. but if I can get a piece of platinum then I can finally make my Smash Blade. I'm in the.. whatever cave is after misty bloom, the one that Sharron stands outside of all day.

If you really want to marry Melody, I say go for it. Once you have your house you can make some magic potions on you own for super cheap, 2 herbs and empty bottle, and while it doesn't give you rp back, you can make as many as you need to, so you can get by without the bath, it's just a little less convenient.

The monsters that do jobs get more done if they like you, but if you have a bunch of them, it doesn't seem to matter all that much. I always forget the animals, I'm the worst monster owner ever. As soon as I buy that big bed I'm going to marry Tabitha, though. The elf lady shall be mine!

-My DeviantArt-
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:) Hey are any of you interested in trying out that large shell one of these days? I recall it can trade seeds through it right?

Well...I probably won't be able to go Wi-Fi with it any time soon anyhow...

I'm still in summer 23 or so right now and I'm trying to rake in the money for the upgrade as fast as I can...I think I'm short by 30,000...I already have enough wood chopped....though I have up to level 7 Sweet Potatoes to help me with that. Also jewel hunting seems to be really nice way to get money-
I think it was like each lv 1 ruby is worth 700 or something like that....but I usually find stuff waaaaayyy higher than that.

Tabitha had the most heart points for me for a while now =x I'm actually not interested in her....
I was going for Melody originally but I find I don't really need to go to the bath anymore (with my planting tons of sweet potatoes and strawberries near the exit of the first and 2nd caves respectively.
I think I'm going for Rosetta :o

Any of you done any quests? I did the Black Rock one for Felicity and the Rolletilli (?) --that wine one. And triggered the Neuman & Sabrina one and Rosetta's one....and I think someone else's too...*forgot*
:o I find the quests a little refreshing. Despite some of them being being simple and more of a chore. I wonder if there's a list of all the quests somewhere....

Darko wrote:
It literally takes me half the day just to water all of them and clear out all the stumps and weeds each day.
Get some monsters to water your field man! I haven't watered my fields myself since maybe the middle of spring. My 2 monsters easily watering my field all too fast. I can't even keep up planting more stuff for them to water (lol)
Then again I didn't clear most of my field....I keep it open so to try and increase area for stumps to regrow back.

Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, I didn't ever see this topic before...but I definately need to pick this game up :O
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't done the quests but I do have the items for a few of them.
I mostly went nuts with upgrading my house and such.
gems are a great way to make money, especially in later dungeons with an upgraded hammer.
Levelling up seeds is a good way to go though. Sweet potatoes and pineapple are my choices for making quick money, especially the turnover on sweet potatoes, they're so quick!

Trading with the shell should be fun, you can level mostly anything up, I'd like to get some seeds up to 10, as they max out at that basically, as well as level some of my swords up super much. I'm only in town on tuesdays, but I'm up for trading back and forth!

Rosetta is cute, I like her too. Tabitha is the one for me though, my friend is going for Rosetta though ^^ she likes strawberries!

-My DeviantArt-
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harvest Moon is coming to the Wii, y'all!!

Here are a couple of scans that were posted over at ranchstory:

For some screenshots, go here: http://wii.ign.com/objects/925/925276.html

And here's the article from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rune_Factory_Frontier

Apparently the game will take place after the first Rune Factory (Yes, there is already a second title out in Japan) and the main character remains Raguna (umm.. maybe he gets a divorce? 0_o). Mist also makes an appearance.

The dungeon crawling will, of course, be present as well and now on the Wii I feel like it can be improved significantly. I thought the DS was too limiting on what they could do to keep things interesting.

The game is set on some kind of floating whale island (WTF?) but the thing that excites me the most is this:

Quote:
You're able to grow a farm more similar to the regular Harvest Moon games than in the previous Rune Factory games.

In a process comparable to Nintendo's Animal Crossing series, the better you take care of your land, the more your land becomes a real village, more people move in, more shops open, etc

The thing that bugged me most about Rune Factory was that NOTHING changed. As time went by, the only thing that was different were the seasons and those changes were nowhere near significant. It's the reason I stopped playing. You can only hear the town people saying the same four lines over and over before it drives you insane.

The changes will be welcomed! Now all I need is to buy myself a Wii... yeah... *sulks away*

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: