Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think this has been brought up yet. I was playing around rpgamer and found this. I'd heard about a futuristic harvest moon for ps2, and that didn't sit overly well with me. I guess I'm not one for futuristi types. Anyhow, I saw this game for the DS and thought I'd read up on it.

So, it seems like it'll be really fun and interesting. Seems to have same basic gameplay of water crops, take care of livestock and visit the town.. only you fight and the creatures are not so normal. I read that you can have some fight with you or capture creatures to be on your farm.

It looks really fun, here's a youtube video of some gameplay.

What does everyone else think?

-My DeviantArt-
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, I was going to make a topic about this. It's a Harvest Moon RPG with a more medieval setting, which is certainly a change. It got pretty solid reviews in Japan, so my interest is piqued.
Phamex

Raccoon Dogs

135274 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've had brief experiences with the series. I never found enough time in the day to take care of everything on the farm, which means things inevitably died. And now there's going to be fighting? Great. Now my farm can die faster :*laugh*: It looks fun. Might pick it up if I'm bored and don't mind watching everything I touch turn to ruin :P

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Doesn't look half bad, I casually played Harvest Moon every now and again so I may invest in this some time. :) Thanks for the heads up!
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks like another reason to get a DS to me! (Though I still want a PSP too...)

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Futuristic Harvest Moon? Aren't you talking about Harvest Moon: Innocent Life for the PSP?

Anyway...YAY!!! to Rune Factory!!! I've had my eye on this ever since I heard about it after they released Magical Melody
(along with Innocent Life...although Innocent Life was getting most of the attention at that point =x )

What's bumming me out though is that they originally were going to release it on July 7th...then they pushed it back to July 17th and now it looks like it got pushed back to August 14th~ish (NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!!!)

This is the first Harvest Moon game that they've implemented a 'battle system' =D long time Harvest Moon fans will probably be shocked at the idea (I for one was) but they seemed to have successfully pulled it off

I can't wait to get a hold of the game myself and see the details of the how it works!
<3

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeh Innocent life is what I was referring to.
Was magic melody good? I remember hearing about it but I was preoccupied at the time and never got around to reading much about it or playing it. It's out right?

I'm extremely excited for it, being able to go out and fight and capture creatures, muahahaa, it's like combining everything into one game for me, Squeeee ^^

It's been bumped AGAIN Nadistu? Where ddi you see that? Waaaaah, I knew about the 7th bumped to the 17th. Harvest Moon is so bad for bumps, I don't think I've ever gotten a harvest moon game on the date it was supposed to be released. I'm sure whenever they set on an actual release date, I still won't get it until a few days after that, seems to be the way with Canada, or at least Eastern Canada hehe.

Oh well, I'll be getting it when it comes out ^^

Harvest Moon; Boy and Girl, is also scheduled for a release, July 31st last time I checked, but that's it. Has anyone heard anything about this??

-My DeviantArt-
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Putting aside the overly chibi-ish look of the characters of Magical Melody (and I seriously think they overly-chibified them to the point that the characters all look too fat D= ) it's a pretty challenging game. You seriously can't do much at the start of the game cuz the "stamina bar" drops so easily.
The challenging thing is getting all the notes as you have to do some weird things to get them all like stand outside in certain weather all day without moving (GASP! a wasted day! D= ) And purposefully faint and stuff...but yeah anyhow...you don't need to collect all 100 notes (I think there was 100 total...) anyway.

ANYHOW....back to Rune Factory....I've been looking at Rune Factory's release date from Gamestop.com (cuz like...before I went overseas I went ahead and reserved/paid off the whole price of Rune Factory at Gamestop just cuz in case it had a preorder bonus I didn't want to miss it)
So...yeah according to Gamestop's website it's been pushed back to Aug 14th... ;-; I seriously wish it was a typo but the guide (according to Gamestop.com also- will be released Aug 6th so T-T yeah....)

Harvest Moon Boy and Girl? Is that for the PSP? I purposefully stay in the dark on anything PSP since I don't have one =x Although I just looked up the game on Gamestop.com now and it says July 31st....
although the site still not yet having the image of the case on the page....you gotta wonder if it'll sooner or later be pushed back as well =x

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harvest Moon Boy and Girl is DS I think? unless I looked at the wrong thing. All I play is DS, I don't have a PSP ehehe, so I hope DS anyway.

-My DeviantArt-
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Boy and Girl is PSP, you're right, I saw it the other day at work.

More importantly, has anyone played Rune Factory? I just got it and it's soooo fun! I'm enjoying it so much! I have a pet squirrel, so cute!! Please tell me someone else is playing this???

I hear you can connect via wifi to trade weapons and such to level them up, this is interesting!

-My DeviantArt-
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've had it/been playing it ever since it came out (whenever that was...I just know I bought Persona 3 and Rune Factory on the same day that's for sure...)

I'm still in spring though since I can't play it every minute (I think I'm around Spring 18th right now?)

I have to say...it was so funny when I first started the game....it's like "Hey...I feel like earning money in this game is 10 times easier then oh say....Magical Melody or the other recent HM games that've been out" ya?

Suddenly I go in the first cave the first time and it's like "CRUD! This is where the difficulty lies! XD"

Ahh it's funny

Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was a pretty interesting game at first, I was kind of hooked to it...but I kind of stopped. In my opinion, it got very very repetitive.

Return that soul to God.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Demon Eyes Kyo wrote:
It was a pretty interesting game at first, I was kind of hooked to it...but I kind of stopped. In my opinion, it got very very repetitive.
Repetitive it may be...but it's addictive.
Harvest Moon games are all like that =o

Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeh, they've all been like that, really. It doesn't make any sense to me how they can be so addictive, but oooh they are.

I liked the concept with the caves though. Gaining access to them lets you get at all the crops, and that's a bonus, and will surely help in the winter. I like the idea of not having to mine 100 floors for random junk too. I also like being able to keep track of friendship points. I'm pretty impressed overall with the game, honestly. Plus I get to catch monsters, which makes me think pokemon, and that always goes well in my book.

As for complaints, I don't like that the other girls won't marry off to the bachelors in town, seems sort of stupid. Don't know how I feel about their non regrowing grass, that's sort of a pain.

I like how the wild forage items are random and show up in random places too, I thought that was a bit more interesting, it helps break some of the repetition, too!

-My DeviantArt-
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I read on wiki that instead of buying livestock, you'll be catching them in the caves/ dungeons! I even saw a clip of the main character petting a wild cow/bull looking creature on youtube. The thing just kept ramming into the poor guy, but he kept petting away until the bull/cow finally calmed down and apparently joined him. Is that how it is for all the animals (sheep, chickens)? That sounds pretty awesome!

I also read that you have a lot more ladies to choice from on this title! Yay! I always loved being able to get one of them to fall in love with me, and then get the other girls to marry off to their respectable bachelors. :mrgreen:

From the few screenshots that I've seen, it looks like they made good use of the two screens. One of them shows the inventory on the touch screen which sounds like it would be useful when switching weapons on the go! I'm really digging the character art as well!

Elzie wrote:
Yeh, they've all been like that, really. It doesn't make any sense to me how they can be so addictive, but oooh they are.

Indeed! I must have played Harvest Moon 64 at least seven or eight times and never got tired of it until our 64 broke... =( Now with a dungeon crawler aspect added into it, it can only get better!

I want to play this game so baaad! ;_;

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: