Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Editorial: Don't worry about Suikoden VI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We already posted those around the forum... but it won't arrive in the PAL region for another 6-8 months.

Great article :)

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl, was there any mention or hint of what console it was going to be on?
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No. I told you everything I know.

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All right, we'll leave you alone. That's nice that they've got the story planned out. Wonder were it's gonna take place?
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Never noticed that there was mention of an encyclopedia. Hmmm... MUST IMPORT. MUST.
Gremio

147007 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good editorial!

But wait... Yamane being lower on the "ladder" than Ishikawa? Are you sure? Yamane got her hands in a whole lot of Konami releases, not to mention she is basically Konami's most respected music composer these days... :?
shuxion

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't have any info to base this on but I have this inkling that we won't see it until like summer 2009!

Remember Suikoden 1 and 2 had a huge gap as well. Something just tells me that the gap between 5-6 will be like this. I hope I'm wrong though!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Djungelurban

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

shuxion wrote:
I don't have any info to base this on but I have this inkling that we won't see it until like summer 2009!

Remember Suikoden 1 and 2 had a huge gap as well. Something just tells me that the gap between 5-6 will be like this. I hope I'm wrong though!!!

Actually, it wasn't so huge. Suikoden II was released pretty much exactly 3 years after the first one and one should also remember that Suikoden was pretty rushed upon release. With sufficient time spent on the game it would probably been released 3-6 months later. Also, development on Suikoden II probably didn't start before Konami knew if the first one would be a hit or not, while now days development overlap and also the teams are bigger. Sure, it could take some time, but I'm leaning towards next summer rather or Christmas 08 at the latest. Or who knows, maybe it'll arrive this winter. You never know.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think this winter is being a little too hopeful. They haven't even announced the game yet! Late spring/early summer makes the most sense to me.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Suzume

White Wind Brigade

205407 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's nice to hear that Ishikawa Fumi still works for Konami. I like her art. (Though V's art was excellent too).

I didn't know about the new Suikoden encyclopedia, so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on that. ...Ah, fond memories of how many kanji I looked up to read from the last one...

I don't mind waiting a while for the next game. I'll just hope it's good!

Grasslands National Banana Appreciation Month!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
shuxion

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Djungelurban wrote:
shuxion wrote:

maybe it'll arrive this winter. You never know.

It's not coming this winter. I can guarantee that!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Master McDohl

Toran Liberation Army

100000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm glad that I found something like that to read tonight. It makes me wonder though, they know that we've been waiting for this after all. The developers know that Suikoden V was a huge hit within the series, and I think that they would be a little more "excited" in a way about Suikoden VI if it was anywhere close to release.

If we're slated to receive more information on the game sometime soon, I think they would have said as much. September is pushing it too far to believe in my book, it may be the month in which they get the most work done on Suikoden VI, but in no way will it be near completion in September. November, we may see A LOT, and I'm thinking character introductions and various forms of media when I say a lot.

So in my mind, I'm thinking that a release sometime in either January, February would be pretty on point by those folks in control of the series we love so much.

2073 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, It's now past August when the Encyclopedia was supposed to came out. Does it exist yet?
Jowy Atreides

486378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I'm curious about this as well. Does the encyclopedia exist or not?
Basel

34652 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The new Encyclopedia got released on 2007/08/11 in Japan. You can get it from Amazon JP: http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4757736738
Here is a scan of the front cover found on AP: http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/scans/Gensou-Suikoden/item141013/
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: