Suikoden United and Illusional Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Editorial: Don't worry about Suikoden VI
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Editorial: Don't worry about Suikoden VI Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Article URL--

http://www.suikox.com/ed/suiko670704.php

Please discuss the article here...
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's good to see the evidence point towards Suikoden VI presented in a more hopeful way, especially with the lack of news having some of us pretty on edge about the future of our series. The editorial does bring up a few things that I hadn't thought about before, like the inactivity of the Suikoden developers-- which kind of hints that they are planning something.

Perhaps they are waiting to see which system will support the next the best in terms of sales, then they will start production when they have a good feeling for which system is best. I personally think going the DS route, like Dragon Quest IX, may be a good idea.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahh, I'm excited for the Tokyo Game Show this year. But I hope I'm not setting myself up for potential disappointment. What are the rumours you heard from those media sources? Is it secret?

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's probably best that I don't say anything, because it's uncorroborated and also will raise hopes a bit too much (and if it turns out to be fake info, it would be disappointing).
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
It's probably best that I don't say anything, because it's uncorroborated and also will raise hopes a bit too much (and if it turns out to be fake info, it would be disappointing).

Oh my, this gets my hopes up a little. ^^ I'll take it with a grain of salt, like you say, though. No sense in getting my hopes up too high if this information (whatever it is, but I can assume...) is false.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is a similar situation in which Shenmue III is in, the trick is not to expect the game to be at a particular event but to expect it to appear one day. Although Suikoden is a series which is much more likely to see sequels and more work done right now, easily. Thanks for the great article!
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Great article, Vex. Especially, number four. I hadn't though about whether or not certain key members were working on any projects. Also the part about new mangas. Before that, though, it just seemed like wishful thinking.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very nice article! Wonderful job in making me excited for Suikoden VI!

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Djungelurban

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thank you... Really needed that assurance.
Jowy Atreides

486378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I just like the picture of Ishikawa, since I always bitch about not knowing what these people look like.

Also, I like some of the pictures in the editorial's picture directory.

The article itself makes enough sense.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thank you for making me capable of sleep again. Very convincing evidence and as this is not April 1st, I'm going to assume that you're not screwing with our heads. Seriously though, mutiny if he's screwing with us.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

doesn't seem like a bogus thing to me, hope it's all real.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vex, I have this weird feeling that I will end up dropping $500 on a PS3. I just feel that the Suikoden franchise is particularly loyal to Sony and won't end up switching companies. However, since I own a 360, that wouldn't cost me much, and a Wii is less than a PS3. I don't know. I really just want to play a new Suikoden, so if VI did come out, I am getting the corresponding system.

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
Basel

34652 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thank you Vextor for the great article :D

You sure know how to make the fans happy :wink:
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LOL! After every single release of a Suikoden game (cept maybe Tactics) there is speculation and "panic" that the series will end. I however usually don't worry too much. It's Konami's only RPG series that actually does well and has a strong cult following. The problem is that the new consoles make the teams have to deal with whole new system to develop games. And as we know from V and Tactics they haven't released info on their games till 6 plus or minus months before they are released.

I'm pretty sure fans aren't that worried considering that we have gotten the news and such that he has mentioned in his article. The only that concerns fans is what console they are going to be on. And given that there is mention of rpgs on wii and PS3 it will most likely be either of those I guess.

Anyways, the thing I am excited about most from this is there is an update to the site. There hasn't been one in while (Feb. I think). Thanks for the article.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: