Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

If I create a suikoden fan game...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

rstrack89 wrote:
So, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that this is pretty much a dead project. Haven't seen any updates on it in over two months lol.

Why yes it is. In fact, I already threw away all my hard work -_- and I did not lose my password to the suikox forum (which would explain my lack of posts for several months).

This is Reinheart. He is a harmonian mercenary.

The general of the army of the Jade Empire, G'wai.

A mysterious woman who defies convention by bearing a hybrid child.

From the race of giants hailing from the nameless lands, Helios is an outcast not just because of his sheer girth but his demonic appearance.

A blue wolf. His appearance suggests unnatural origins. A master tactician. He is feared for his brutal and agressive battle strategies.

Brother of Ikal. Son of Nrevlow. Ohm is the leader of his self named Ohm knights, Werebeast warriors from the kingdom of kusanagi. His appearance is said to be a sign of favor from the gods but others say his face was merely disfigured by their father. The truth is only known to the royal family of Kusanagi.
rstrack89

52707 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lol, I wouldn't think that you threw away all your work or anything like that at all, I just wasn't sure if you were continuing work on the project itself. Hope everything keeps going smooth with it. Btw, how'd all the exams and whatnot go?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I forgot I have contract law exams -_- and I suffered for it. Other subjects were good to great. I am currently trying to find a working driver for my video card (Pc crashed. Thank God, my files were safe or I would have to start from scratch.) so that I can run the programs needed to work on the game.
rstrack89

52707 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well thats good news about the exams and everything, minus the contract laws lol. And I had my power supply go out on me not too long ago and I thought I had lost everything on mine too, but thankfully thats all it was. Good luck with finding the driver and everything though. Hope it all still comes together like everyone on this post has been hopin for :D
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rirmaru

1326 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

you shouldn't make the Suikoden fan game on your own, it should be done by everyone in this site, so that way you don't have to do all the work yourself and the game can come out really good. The game should focus on things like Higheast Rebellion, Succession War, Kalekka Incident, First Fire Bringer War, Etc. I made these...

ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:*laugh*: While that would certainly free up my time a whole lot. It is however not a good idea considering that coops in fangames tend to turn out sourly (conflict of opinion, etc). There is also the trouble of having a whole lot of concepts being put in that contradicts the original author's vision and as a result you have an utterly contrived piece of work that has no direction but to appease each of the members' egos.

Coops tend to cause the project to fail (most of the time). If it were an actual hire there would be a better chance for success as most people tend to work better for remuneration (the physical kind). Fan games rarely (if ever) pay off in the long run (save for some level of fame). I think it is better if I do this on my own.

While I appreciate rirmaru's chibi characters ,I cannot use them as they only show a frontal view and depict the characters in their old costumes.
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just finished the whole world map. The countries , with the exception of the nameless lands and the island nations (because it is not a country per se, are properly labelled.

I have to move certain locations around like haud and estrise to fit them where they are most logical. I also have to consider ommiting some less important locations such as the human settlement in the great forest and so on.

---------------------
Kusanagi: A were-nation. The people of Kusanagi are fiercely aggressive towards other races and other werebeasts (preference is canine). Kobolds also inhabit Kusanagi but they are 2nd class citizens despite comprising 3/4 of the population.

Eittuc: The 'other' were-nation. Their citizenship is less stringent and a bevy of races abound as a result such as Humans, Kobolds, Nays, Werebeasts of every shape and color.

Nordeheim: The supreme elven state. Isolationist by nature. Their wars with Kusanagi have been often but not nearly as brutal as the recent wars. The elves have a port town that has recently allowed them to contact the Northern Continent Superpower, Harmonia.

Arcana: A peaceful land adjoining the elven nation of Nordeheim. WHile the humans and elves are not exactly on the friendliest of terms, flourishing trade between nations persevere.

Jade: A kingdom/empire that has expansionist desires for their neighbors, namely Arcana and Eittuc. Militaristic in nature because of the countless wars that forged the nation to its current state. Mild temperate conditions allow excellent agriculture, which is the main export of the Jade kingdom/empire to neighbor Zealant.

Avalon: The land of great mystery. Not much is known beyond the port city. Magical runes abound in this land. It is also rumored an ancient sindar settlement was once there.

Leclerc: The 'heir' nation of the Kooluk empire. Leclerc is now contemplating joining the Island Nations Federation due to percieved pressures from Toran.
--------------------------------
More to be added.
Song Jiang

Liangshan

1368 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it looks gooe and i like the descriptions
i hope everything is going well and wish the best of luck
and god speed

-IT IS THAT WHICH MAKES US DIFFERENT THAT BRINGS US TOGETHER.-
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks. Its been a while since I started to have free time to work on the aesthetic aspects of the game.
-------------------------

The battle sprites are a pain to work with so I might try a simpler approach. I am thinking Breath of fire 3 type.

Duels are a little more complex than what you can experience in Suikoden 2. The best analogy to what I have currently working is the one in Suikoden V (though not as smooth nor in 3d).

I also recalibrated the stats so certain races will be unique like for example:
Humans get +2 in all stats while Kobolds have +3 attack, +2 defense, 0 Magic bonus and + 2 speed.

So far I have classified quite a few techniques for each weapon type. It will go like so:
Weapon: Kali Sticks --- This is fixed and can only change by upgrading or an event.
Technique: Pummel --- In the game you may find technique scrolls that can be equiped to this slot. In this case, the Kali Sticks technique would be Barrage, a multi strike technique against one enemy.
-------------------

Zelant: Currently a civil war is happening in Zelant. Suspicions that the rebels have been supported by Gaien politicians arose when Gaien ships have been noticed to be patrolling closer and closer to Zelant.

Gaien: Gaien has been relatively quiet for a century but whether or not their non-aggressiveness is due to the weakness of their navy or a ploy to fool neighboring countries.

Nagarea: The land of Nagarea has been cut off from the main southern continent because of the great earthquake that severed the land bridge between Nagarea and Falena. This may explain why there is 'peace' between the two nations. Nagarists still have animosity towards Falenans for allowing 'unclean' races to exist in the queendom but with no way to transport a sizable army into Falena, the nagarists may just learn to keep the peace.

Falena: The country of Falena is at peace with its neighbors but still continues to keep strong border guards near New Armes and Nagarea.

New Armes: The Kingdom of New Armes failed in wresting the power from the Falenan royals during their involvement in the Falenan civil war. While both countries have formed a truce, even an Alliance, there are still New Armes nobles that desire Falenas. Recently, New Armes ships have successfully traversed the foggy waters towards Avalon. While diplomatic contact has not yet been accomplished because of Avalon's stand-offish attitude towards outsiders, a New Armean has supposedly returned from Avalon after being shipwrecked and washed out to its shore. He says that Avalon is rich in Magical implements that may prove useful for a would be super power. Whether this information result to possible military expeditions is uncertain.

Katana: The nation of Katana has finally expanded to include the Isle of the Black Dragon after a quick campaign. The INF and Katana have recently formed an alliance for some unknown purpose. There are rumors Katana may join the INF.

Island Nations: The INF is supreme in the high seas and the economies of its member states prove it. Able to trade with various nations, even going as far as the western continent and Kanakan, this is no surprise. The INF has command over antiquities called rune cannons that though powerful are currently nearly depleted of ammunition. Treasure Hunters paid for by the kingdom of Obel are still currently deployed in the hope of finding the 'great stash' that is said to be somewhere in the western continent.

Kanakan: The island nation of Kanakan is virtually free from the political intrigue of invasive war but has recently suffered a civil war sparked by a religious movement involving a True Rune. Harmonian Spies are rumored to be present, possibly getting information about the True Rune.

Toran: Military intelligence suggest that the kingdom of Obel has been increasing the size of its fleet. This suggests, possible military campaigns. The Toran government is pressuring the Leclercans to join the republic for fear that the INF may use Leclerc as a vantage point for possible invasions northward.

Dunan: Dunan has grown rich with trade relations with its neighboring countries. It, however, tend to lend a cautious eye towards Harmonia as it is still fearful the superpower may try to reclaim higheast once again.

Nameless lands: The land of Giants. Humans also live here in small settlements but have started to form a city thanks to Harmonia's failed invasion in the recent years. The Giants still want the Humans out of their lands but with certain newer creatures appearing and a possible Harmonian invasion, it seems the 2 races may have to form an uneasy truce.

Cammaro: Being relatively small, Cammaro is surprisingly resilient against outside pressure coming from Harmonia, the Grassland tribes and Zexen. Although Cammaro citizens have recently flowed towards the nameless settlements, it is uncertain whether this is a veiled attempt at an expansion or conditions in Cammaro are quickly becoming unbearable.

Grasslands: Having reacquired Le Buque from Harmonia, the Grasslands has grown influence in the region with the aid of the mantors. The war with Tinto and Zexen was brief but an acrid taste still lingers between the Lizard clan and Zexen.

Zexen: Zexen won the war between the Grasslands, itself and Tinto. Claiming the once tinto occupied grasslands as its own, it has grown considerably. Also worth noting is that Zexen's attempts towards expansion at the Nameless lands has grown fruitful despite the state of Cammaro's refusal to assist them.

Tinto: Tinto lost a key settlement to the Zexen Knights but is in no desire to drop their expansion plans. Dunan has recently increased border guards in Drakemouth as suspicion of possible Tinto expansion may happen. The Zexen Confederacy has also added border patrols very near Tinto.

Harmonia: Harmonia may have lost key territories but its power and influence is still formidable. Now able to use more advanced ships as a result of key INF technologies stolen by Harmonian spies in the past, Harmonia may attempt naval invasions in the future. As to how these attempts at expansion will fare, no one knows.

Last edited by ferrouslupusrex on Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Zieg

15988 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Har, glad to hear some news on the project ferrouslupusrex! :D
This looks really promising and it seems that you've really put much effort into this game. Is there a chance for a demo version anytime soon? a sample of gameplay on youtube perhaps? anything would do...
Will it be possible to visit every continent on the map? If so, I surely hope that the workload doesn't overwhelm you...
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is possible ^_^. The npcs though still leaves a lot to be desired as I have yet to organize my sprites. I have chinese looking characters in a desert (lol) with no explanation. I seek to rectify that with some good old fashioned elbow grease and sprite editing.

I would have released chapter I last february but I got swamped with school work and I was not too keen with the iffy progression of the story.

In fact I had to use several notebooks just to keep a tabs with how the story goes so I can portray it properly.

Now as for a demo, let me see if I could release one without spoiling too much. No promises but I'll try to get one available.
rstrack89

52707 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow man. You've put an whole lotta work into all this and I have to say, I'm freakin out of my mind excited for it lol. As each day goes by I feel the chances for the official next chapter in the series dwindling, but if Konami sees how much dedication you've put into backing this game and going off and making something this big it might light a fire to push the next one through. But anyways keep up the work, but don't kill yourself over it lol. We're Suikoden fans, we can live with the wait lol. :*laugh*:
Song Jiang

Liangshan

1368 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i agree with rstrack89, i am excited for it and it sounds awesome but dont harm urself over it. that would just make use feel bad.

-IT IS THAT WHICH MAKES US DIFFERENT THAT BRINGS US TOGETHER.-
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks promising. I would definitely give it a try.
mega0soft

Fight For Love

38146 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

cool :),ur awesome at creating graphics... :mrgreen:
well, im still a beginner at editing
take a look at my ava ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: