Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

If I create a suikoden fan game...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im looking forward to it, I really am.

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are alot of race.....Well euikiden does have a lot of race in its game.......but not tha much
Rowler Majuka

Crimson Knights

3000 Potch
0 Soldiers
122304 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, im moderately interested in it. I could even help with it a bit on some features i know how to use, though id have to find time. This is only if you want me to of course, and you'll have to tell me what you dont want.

But if i cant help, im looking forward to it, and i'm sure i'll at least try it when you finish ^^
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have refined some of the sprites and tiles and I fixed some of the bugs with the sounds (though it would definitely not get me a best soundtrack that's for sure). I inserted some more playable characters though honestly speaking some are just awful looking (as awful as suiko1's characters at the very worst). I am literally obsessed with trying to smoothen out the 'roam' sprite set for the characters so it will take some time for me to finish with the whole thing. I made a 'map scroll' world map tile set and forgo the free roam (cut scene driven) navigation.

I started with a simple plan but end up with an extremely complicated ambitious project. :cry: Tsk. tsk. At least I still have a lot of time before Christmas vaction is over.

Quote:
There are alot of race.....Well euikiden does have a lot of race in its game.......but not tha much

I initially planned to include the duck clan and an eagle clan as well but I found it extremely difficult to draw a duck let alone an eagle....
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haste makes waste and all that, take your time. When it comes to new Suikoden related games you wont find more patient people than the fans here at Suikox.

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was expecting this as a new year gift.I guess ferrous still busy...well he should just take his time fixing the bugs that he talk about it.I hope it comes out next month so i could play it because i havent played an rpg for a very long time now.
Zieg

15988 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I second that shikator, I'm eager to play this game as well.

We all know how rushed releases influence the quality of the final product and therefore I wouldn't like ferrouslupusrex to follow into footsteps of some of the developers ( *cough* Konami *cough*)

On the other hand though, I AM getting slightly impatient ;)

How about some more info ( or preferably screenshots) on the game ferrous?
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eh, I actually bummed half the time playing videogames during christmas vacation but I got some inspiration from older SNES games. Namely the tiles feautured in those games. They were simple but the player immediately knows what they were supposed to represent. Argh, if only I had the skills to draw.

Anyhoo, since you freaks are clamouring for screenshots. I'll get you some possibly in a few days. I still have reports to finish and am merely browsing the site for a while.
KFCrispy

51948 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

cool! good luck with this! i like the old school sprite designs :)

to the people who have used RPG Maker... i haven't really used RPG Maker, my problem with RPG Maker is it seems to decide on stats and damage formulas for you so you have no control over the stats. i've played the "Aveyond" games which were made with RPG Maker, and the numbers were really wack (if you are low level, you do like 2 dmg and enemy hits you for 2000.... then you gain 2 levels and you're suddenly doing 1000 on the same enemy, receiving maybe 50 dmg, or 800). i'd really like to work with stats and a skills system similar (and runes, of course) to the Suikoden series and maybe take things from other games.
Zieg

15988 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What's up with the game ferrous? Any progress?
We haven't heard from you for a month now...
I hope that you have not abandoned the project...
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*sneaks in topic

:?

Oh crap. I was sooooooo busy with Law school that I had to put off working on the project but I promise you, I will not abandon this project.

It is my baby. I refuse to let it die. In fact while I am typing this I am redesigning the world map so that it would fit the new system I have designed. Screenshots of the maps and the regions would be up a little later. I would also go into a little detail with the regions that would be featured in the game and their culture, etc, etc.

***** By the way some of the locations in the official suikoden games may not be placed correctly in my rendition and that is because I forgot their correct position (it has been a while since I played 3, 4 and 5)
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No worries ferro, you're still likely to have this out before Suikoden 6 so take your time.

5797 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

make it better :*laugh*: :*laugh*: :D :D :shock:
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ferrou any update on the game?
I have not heard anything since feb. JUsst take your time om pretty sure it will turn out great
rstrack89

52707 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that this is pretty much a dead project. Haven't seen any updates on it in over two months lol.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: