Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Cloverfield (Spoilers must be colored black!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually around 2002 there was talk of setting up to do a Ninja Scroll live-adaptation. They even held a casting call for the roles of Jubei and Kagero in LA around 2003 or so. I don't know if the project's been cancelled but a live-action was in the works.

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I heard about that. I think they even discussed it in the 10th Anniversary. Nothing came to fruition, though. At least not yet.

Hmmm...

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.

moss2

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A video that explains facts and theories from the "Cloverfield" trailer and sites. Kinda weird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im7wWMVzIyg
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aelie wrote:
A video that explains facts and theories from the "Cloverfield" trailer and sites. Kinda weird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im7wWMVzIyg

Least helpful thing ever. I'm glad you posted it, for the sole purpose that we now know it isn't Godzilla. The rest was all probably crazy talk. Like when he said he scanned the actresses face on heritage.com. One, it finds people with a similar face structure, so odds are it wouldn't find her. And no one came up because you have to have the whole head. So, saying she is unknown for that reason just doesn't make sense.And I think the number thing is just completely made up and irrelevant.

moss2

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe yeah, it was pretty non stop talk about useless numbers. There is also talk that its some how related to the drink called Slusho!. There is a guy with a Slusho shirt on in one of the 2 pics found on the 1-18-08 site. Here's the strange story behind Slusho.
Plus IGN reported that J.J. maybe using the alias Slusho for a Paramount movie filiming in LA.
Credit - Bloody-disgutsing.com

Quote:
t gets weirder: read the history page on the Slusho website. It talks about a woman named Noriko that wanted to discover a new beverage flavor. Noriko set out across the ocean and was never heard from again. Her son, Ganu, grew up and continued his mother’s research...exploring the ocean for possible flavors.

Did you get that? The ocean.

And then one day Ganu “discovered a deep sea ingredient unique to anything else.” He had a mysterious dream and realized that he had found the secret beverage flavor...and thus Slusho was born.

Slusho. From the bottom of the sea floor.

Slush website - http://www.slusho.jp/index.html

I know kind of bizarre to be linked with a beverage ^^
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dudes. I figured out what this movie is about.

Lavos.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know about anyone else, but I've already grown tired of the viral campaign trying to hype up this movie. It is still 5 months from release and already there's a growing backlash on this movie and it's creator J.J. Abrams. If this movie doesn't turn out to be the greatest thing since sliced white bread then it is so going to fail with the hype it's building up.

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:
I don't know about anyone else, but I've already grown tired of the viral campaign trying to hype up this movie. It is still 5 months from release and already there's a growing backlash on this movie and it's creator J.J. Abrams. If this movie doesn't turn out to be the greatest thing since sliced white bread then it is so going to fail with the hype it's building up.

Kinda like that "Bigger than Burger King?!" commercial. I agree, if you're gonna do a mystery hype like this, put it a bit closer to movie release. oh, and make sure it's the greatest movie of all time. If this comes otu and is "eh, decent", you're gonna look like an ass. I'm still pulling for it being "Rampage: Theatre Tour" :*laugh*:

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I'm bored of it now as well.

Scott, you sir, are brilliant! Can you imagine?! *screams* Well, clearly it's not, but...wooooooooow.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scott, you are close. Based on the frequencies of the growls, I have come to the conclusion that the monster is...Deus. This is going to be Xenogears: The Movie!

Actually, I am with the rest of you. I was interested for a day, and I don't care anymore. Part of this is because we are all wrong. From what I heard, this is one of his "original" products, meaning this will not be based on Voltron (being produced by an entirely different company), Lovecraft, The Host, Godzilla, etc. *Sigh*

Peace!

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My boyfriend was looking into this the other day, and came across this site.

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok, here's the first exclusive trailer for this J.J. Abrams produced film coming out on 01-18-2008. It's finally gotten a title (though there's still a chance it can change). The title of the movie is Cloverfield. From the sound and look of the movie by way of the trailer it's a monster movie by way of Blair Witch Project in that the whole movie's shown through the viewpoint of cameras carried by a group of people.

I wasn't too keen on all the viral marketing and the earlier teaser trailer which got old real quick. But this new trailer has made me excited once more to checking the movie once its out on the big-screen. There's a quick instance in the trailer where there's a shadow of something killing a person but we only see it through it's silhouette and from the squishy noise of something sharp piercing flesh.

Exclusive new trailer for Cloverfield aka 01-18-08

EDIT: If one pauses the trailer in around the 1 minute 28 second area they'll catch a glimpse of the monster.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, only 1 more day to go. Anyone actually going to go out and see this movie to see what all the hype has been about. Despite my misgivings about the whole viral-marketing for this film I'm actually going to see it when it comes out tomorrow. I may have already stumbled onto the identity of the monster, but if what I read was true then I have no idea why they would even try to make it all mysterious. The movie sounds like your typical Godzilla-type movie.

Here's to hoping it's more classic Godzilla and less Godzilla 1998.

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm GREATLY looking forward to seeing it.

I actually like the Viral marketing for it. It's managed to make an interesting story with Chuai Station, Targuato, and Tido Wave.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll see it. And not just because the first teaser trailer for J.J.'s Star Trek will be playing before it, I swear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: