Suikoden Ugly and Informational Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Cloverfield (Spoilers must be colored black!)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Cloverfield (Spoilers must be colored black!) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So...There's a new mystery trailer for a movie no one knows anything about. All that IS know is the current title(likely fake) is CloverField, and it's being made by JJ Abrams.

Everyone is screaming that it's a lost movie, but I doubt that. It looks to be much more of a Monster flick. Current rumors are a new Godzilla film, Voltron, the US remake of the Host...

http://www.thegaminglife.net/ Trailer available here.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

WTF was that? Maybe it's because of the complete mystery of the whole thing, but I suddenly want to know everything about that film. What was making that sound? I could not get a clear look at it, but I thought I saw it swooping down and hitting a car? or maybe it was just one of it's "attacks"?

I'm giddy right now.

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks to me like a (a second) remake of The Blob...^^ That would be interesting, but how much more can you do with that, and why remake it. Could be a new Godzilla, from the noises, too. Doesn't look like an American remake of The Host to me, but I suppose that's possible as well. Hum.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually that was the statue of Liberty's Severed head. The trailer is MUCH more clear in person.

A line in the trailer has caused issues over what it is. Some swear "I saw it! It's alive it's huge!" Other say it's "I saw it! It's a Lion!" I myself can't help but wonder if this is the long rumored Voltron film.

Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it is being made by the creators of Lost, but that's all I can really find out about it.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ezekiel wrote:
Well, it is being made by the creators of Lost, but that's all I can really find out about it.

That just about a guarentee it will be too confusing for me to bear.
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scott wrote:
Actually that was the statue of Liberty's Severed head. The trailer is MUCH more clear in person.

A line in the trailer has caused issues over what it is. Some swear "I saw it! It's alive it's huge!" Other say it's "I saw it! It's a Lion!" I myself can't help but wonder if this is the long rumored Voltron film.

Yeah, I get that feeling too. I mean, it would make sense to show a trailer for that at a Transformer's movie.

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it was the perfect place. And it's actually pretty well done. Just sitting there waiting for giant robots has you in a sci-fi mood...and the trailer is perfectly interesting. Whatever it is, I am looking forward to it.

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's being talked about as a giant monster movie so I'm thinking this will be much closer to something like the upcoming remake of The Host. I'm actually pulling for a live-action, darker-edged adaptation of Astroboy.

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Was that Idina Menzel? Cause if it was I'm totally considering becoming a fan.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Honestly, I'm not too keen on movies that use a lot of hype and secrecy to try and fire people up for it. It just seems like it's setting itself up for a letdown. Although, really, the less I know about it, the better, so as long as I'm not exposed to this all the time, then I can keep my expectations low. Once they reveal what it's about, then I'll hopefully not see much more about it.

~Uguu!~
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

"I saw it! It's alive it's huge!" Other say it's "I saw it! It's a Lion!" I myself can't help but wonder if this is the long rumored Voltron film.

The quote is "It's alive it's huge!" I had turn it up pretty loud to hear it correctly. The "roaring" also does not sound like a lion. It does sound more ike the original Godzilla.
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I now have reason to believe it is not Voltron. And you are right, they do not say Lion. I just got back from seeing Transformers, and heard it much clearer. Also, the Voltron movie started production back in 2005 or 2006. It's actually finished, from what I read. So once again, it is up in the air. Still, I get the feeling it could be something based on an animal-esque robot. He says "What kind of animal makes that noise?!", and I'd like to think that was some clue.

Maybe it's a suped up version of Thundercats! :*laugh*:

OR, "Rampage: The Movie!"

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, it can't be Voltron since production hasn't begun outside of having just a finished script and maybe a soundtrack finished. Though if one was to read the first-hand impression of the Voltron script on Latino Review then one may just think this movie could be about the Lions.

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Angelus wrote:
Was that Idina Menzel? Cause if it was I'm totally considering becoming a fan.

I doubt she'd be appearing in a movie like this. I love her, though.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: