Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

I Am Legend (trailer)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: I Am Legend (trailer) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is a third movie adaptation of the book I Am Legend, starring Will Smith. It's looking pretty darn cool-- I've never read the novel, but the premise seems like something I'd be interested in. The trailer does look pretty interesting, check it out here.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have hope for this movie. One thing I'm a tad leery on is changing the setting of the story from the Los Angeles metro suburb area to New York. As creepy a weed-infested and abandoned New York looks like on film, I think the quiet, abandoned manufactured suburban tract homes of the original novel would've been better.

For those who do not know, Richard Matheson's I Am Legend is one of the main influences for the classic horror film, Night of the Living Dead. The idea of the last person or people on the planet under siege in a home by undead monsters wanting to feed on them really worked well for Matheson's novel and Romero's film.

I am wondering if they will keep the vampire-like creatures the plague victims turn into in the book for the film. Hopefully, they don't go too far off from that premise. There's a reason why the title of the book and movie is the way it is. The choice of Francis Lawrence to direct the movie is a good one. I know people didn't like his work on Constantine, but I thought he did a great job of bringing a new visual style that should mesh well with I Am Legend.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I quite enjoyed Constantine, tt had something quite believable about the fantasy.

I'd never heard of I Am Legend until a couple of years ago when my brother mentioned it in passing (or moaning) about something else so I havn't got anything to compare it to really. Will Smith is a good actor, but I can't see past his fame; I'm not sure if that is my problem or a fault of his as an actor, but I can never really get into a serious movie with him as the lead. Perhaps this will be different?

Tullaryx, I know IMDb isn't exactly 100% accurate or anything, but the blurb for the movie says that's it's "blood-thirsty vampires."

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Usually when I watch a movie (with the exception of Tom Cruise) I can completely disregard an actor's history or fame and watch their performance in a movie which is good, especially for Will Smith. :P So I'm hoping this just doesn't turn out to be a 28 Days Later copy, I know the book came out long before the movie, but the general concept has been done on the silver screen before.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:
Tullaryx, I know IMDb isn't exactly 100% accurate or anything, but the blurb for the movie says that's it's "blood-thirsty vampires."

I'm sure it says that, but reports have the movie being closer to the cheesy Charlton Heston version called Omega Man where the monsters where survivors of the plague who were closer to flesh-eating mutants than vampires.

I don't mind if they adjust it to be different from the vampires of the book. They could be zombies for all I care, but there's another group involved outside of the Neville character and the boogeymen he has to hunt down during the day. It is this group which shall remain un-spoiled which gives a rise to the book and movie's title.

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

New Hi-def trailer for the movie:

I Am Legend Trailer

It looks pretty darn cool, I'm looking forward to it. From this trailer, it looks like the creatures are more mutant than vampire, Tully. So it looks like that supposition was true.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mmmm. It looks pretty good if you ask me. I really like how the trailer was done, more suspenseful than cheap scares like so many would do. I've been somewhat interested for quite a while now. I just might have to go see this one.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have guarded expectations about this movie since the book is one of my favorites and I know how too many changes can ruin the theme and plot of the original source. I do wonder what Francis Lawrence's second directorial gig will turn out to be. His first in Constantine was a mixed bag but sure had some style to it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: