Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Rock Band
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dooz

Buttered-up Old Men

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think this is one of the best ideas for a game ever, except for the fact that the drum placements are NOTHING like a real drumset.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From what was seen and told about the drum set controller for this game it's pretty much a way for people to learn how to play real drums. Once a player progresses to playing the music tracks on the Hard Difficulty setting they're pretty much playing the drums for real and not just trying to match notes on the screen.

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really dont agree with that Tull. As it may look like it, I guess i just dont agree with that at all. Similar to guitar hero you may be holding a "guitar" in your hands, but being able to play on expert with that guitar does not mean that you can play the real guitar as they are quite different.

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not saying I believe it but the Harmonix guys during E3 pretty much said in order to play the drums on the Hard setting one has to pretty much know how to play the drums for real to succeed on Hard.

Buttered-up Old Men

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

However, there are only four pads to hit and no hi-hat. I understand that they have to keep it simple to reduce costs, but claiming that it's close to the real thing is just flat-out wrong.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If there's no bass drum and no crash symbol, then I laugh long and hard in their faces for that claim, as those are the hardest things to get used to on a drumset.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This video clip pretty much tells me that the only person who will truly be rocking out to Rock Band is whoever picks up the mic. The one on drums looks like Keith Moon after he injected himself with some horse tranq in addition to some heavy depressants.

Rock Band versus Reality

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

anyone else got this? got mine after midnight monday mostly with the credits I got back from returning the Legendary edition of Halo 3, the price is obviously steep but considering any 360 or PS3 guitar alone will be priced around $50-60, the drums would be $70-80, about $20 for the mic, plus the $60 game, the package is not that over priced.

The size of the whole thing is huge, it must be about the volume of 5-6 consol boxes stacked together. The game experience is really great, I admit I'm not a classic rock guy and the tracklist has more recent songs than any of the guitar hero games, so I'm really loving it. The guitar parts don't feel as smooth as in guitar hero, I can hardly recall getting hammer ons and pull offs, the guitar itself also feels a bit weird, but the drumming is great fun and I can't wait to play it with more people.
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It sounds quite expensive espiecially when im saving for a PS3, so I may have to pass on this even if it means me missing out on bashing the skins which I was really looking forward too. I'm getting guitar hero 3 this friday along with the new Kramer wirless guitar (since my original GH guitar has busted).

I think GH and its official songs will win me over, especially if jjrs says the guitaring aint as smooth. I'm just looking forward to DragonForce on GH3 FUNN!!!

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wanted to make a thread about this awesome, awesome game, but I found this one so...

*bump*

What an amazing game! Not just for the way you play it but for the bond it fosters between you and your friends. My roomies and I always play it on my friend's PS3, and I've recently heard a Wii version is in the cards, so color me stoked. I play all instruments but predominantly guitar and bass, both of which I can do on hard, while I'm stuck on medium for drums and singing. Some favorites and requests.

Favorite Guitar Tracks
Coheed & Cambria - Welcome Home
The Hives - Main Offender
David Bowie - Suffragette City

Least Favorite Guitar Tracks
The Outlaws - Green Grass & High Tides (stupid long and hard)
Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead or Alive (too easy)
Garbage - I think I'm Paranoid (Same as Bon Jovi)

Favorite Bass Tracks
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Dani California
The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter
Boston - Foreplay/Long Time

Least Favorite Bass Tracks
Iron Maiden - Run to the Hills (just an overrated song)
Blue Oyster Cult - Don't Fear the Reaper (ditto)
Fallout Boy - DOA (just a lame song...I don't want that glamemo crap in my game)

Favorite Drum Tracks
Ok Go! - Here it Goes Again
The Clash - Should I Stay or Should I Go
NIN - The Hand that Feeds

Least Favorite Drum Tracks
The Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop (too hard too fast)
KISS - Detroit Rock City (ditto)
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps (crappiest song in the game easily...who the fuck listens to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs anyways?)

Wanted Guitar Tracks
The Dandy Warhols - Bohemian Like You
Jimi Hendrix - Little Wing
Van Halen - Eruption/You Really Got Me

Wanted Bass Tracks
Incubus - Are You In?
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Spread Your Love
Led Zeppelin - Dazed and Confused

Wanted Drum Tracks
Led Zeppelin - When the Levee Breaks
Tool - Sober
Radiohead - Planet Telex

In short, much more fun than Guitar Hero, and rightly called a Guitar Hero killer. The instruments are now available to purchase separately too, which alleviates a lot of the concerns of price. Get this game.

Last edited by Vincent Chase on Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Agreed, this game is awesome. My favorite is drums.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Overdose

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*gasp* Vincent how dare you say that Run to the Hills is overrated, and in your Least Favourite Bass too? The Bass on that song would be immensely fun, Steve Harris is an awesome bassist.

I still really want to have a go on this, i especially would like to try the drums and will most probably get those over getting a guitar (since I have GH and there are tracks on those i enjoy playing alot more). The track list is not bad, not up to some of the GH ones but still a good selection of songs.

I'd love to see them put an Arch Enemy song on one of these games, since their guitar and drums are immense though the vocals may end up wrecking your throat :*laugh*:

I wanna try (got to remember to play my REAL guitar more though)

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While there's no Arch Enemy, they have songs by Evile and At The Gates.
We have an urge to kill
Overdose

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Evile? Yuuuuck :*laugh*: (There was me thinking Trivium, shamelessly ripped off Metallica)

At The Gates aint bad though

FOREVER X!!!
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm personally hoping they will add some Dark Angel songs, but of course that's a looong shot.
We have an urge to kill
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: