Suikoden Unique and Irrational Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Rock Band
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Rock Band Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ITe-Zk0M4w

Quote:
Hamonix is still holding plenty of the cards on its Guitar Hero killer close to its chest, but a video that landed on CNet with a follow up on YouTube finally give many of us a first glimpse of how Rock Band will look in motion. The clips features run through of Guns 'N' Roses "Welcome To The Jungle" as performed by some Harmonix "engineers." Some of the gameplay highlights include drum fills and an end of song freakout, further cementing the fact (FACT!) that Harmonix is putting its previous music franchises to shame with precisely how awesome this game will be.

While the video is like looking into the face of God himself, the official Rock Band forums featured an announcement from its community manager who wrote that the leaked video represents an "old build" that "doesn't really reflect the final game at all." That G'n'R tune? Not even locked down, he explains, so don't get too attached yet.

Thanks to Kevin and Pedro for the heads up!

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As much as this game looks really great and most likely very fun to play (I've never seen a Harmonix developed music game which wasn't fun to play) just how will they sell the game. With Guitar Hero you only had one peripheral controller to buy if one didn't want to just use the console controller. Rock Band goes beyond the guitar controller and adds in several others.

The game could end up having one intrument controller being bought more than the others. Another thing to think about just how well they can implement this game is whether they can balance the fun factor for each part of the band. Outside of the dedicated Harmonix fans will people actually shell out the money to get the instruments.

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No one will ever buy this because you'll never find that many people willing to practice it and play together regularly. If you do, by god go start a real band. It doesn't matter if you can't play real guitar, you'll still sound better than Guns n Roses.
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love how at the end the bars fill the whole screen, and you're expected to just go berserk. I'll definitely get this game.

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ezekiel wrote:
I love how at the end the bars fill the whole screen, and you're expected to just go berserk. I'll definitely get this game.

Makes it more realistic, no? Live bands do that. :P

Although this can mean I can pretty much sing and play lead at the same time. Pure win.

MTV's also handling this game with Harmonix, and you know MTV, they've already got, but not yet in the final build:

The Hives - Main Offender
Blue Oyster Cult - Don't Fear the Reaper
David Bowie - Suffragette City
Mountain - Mississippi Queen
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Weezer - Say it Ain't So
Nirvana - In Bloom
The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again

in addition to Welcome to the Jungle (SHANANANANANANAKNEES), which is quite awesome I must say.

Tullaryx wrote:
The game could end up having one intrument controller being bought more than the others. Another thing to think about just how well they can implement this game is whether they can balance the fun factor for each part of the band. Outside of the dedicated Harmonix fans will people actually shell out the money to get the instruments.

This is actually quite true, methinks. I'm pretty sure the Lead Guitar will sell alot, I mean most people who are getting this game know how to play it via Guitar Hero. Drums may actually sell alot, it looks pretty good sofar. Bass, maybe, for reasons similar to Lead. Vocals? Yep. I'd buy it, though it should sell decently too.

So pretty much, I'm guessing that Lead Guitar is going to be the most-selled one. Still, this is going to be the best party game. Ever.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, this is the first time MTV has done anything actually involving music in about 8 years. Hooray for them!

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Archy wrote:
Blue Oyster Cult - Don't Fear the Reaper

Oh, they can have a peripheral for the lead guitar, bass, drums and the lead vocals...yet I don't see any cowbell peripherals. How the hell is one suppose to play Don't Fear the Reaper without any cowbells?

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shad wrote:
No one will ever buy this because you'll never find that many people willing to practice it and play together regularly. If you do, by god go start a real band. It doesn't matter if you can't play real guitar, you'll still sound better than Guns n Roses.

But a real band takes a lot of dedication, and often money. And balls. And there is no point system in a real band. It's almost, but not quite, like saying no one will buy GTA because you might as well shoot your old lady neighbor and steal her Buick:*laugh*: I don't see the sales being as high as Guitar Hero 3 though, or even the 80's expansion pack. But stranger things have happened.

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This game just got a whole lot sicker

Quote:
The soundtrack, known to date, is as follows. Tracks listed in bold denotes a master track.

* "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" - Blue Öyster Cult
* "Enter Sandman" - Metallica
* "Go With the Flow" - Queens of the Stone Age
* "In Bloom" - Nirvana
* "Learn To Fly" - Foo Fighters
* "Main Offender" - The Hives
* "Mississippi Queen" - Mountain
* "Paranoid" - Black Sabbath
* "Reptilia" - The Strokes
* "Rockaway Beach" - The Ramones
* "Say It Ain't So" - Weezer
* "Suffragette City" - David Bowie
* "Tom Sawyer" - Rush
* "Vasoline" - Stone Temple Pilots
* "Wanted Dead or Alive" - Bon Jovi
* "Won't Get Fooled Again" - The Who

That's right. Metallica. Ulrich. You get the picture.

And STP, Bon Jovi.... but that really should've been You Give Love a Bad Name.

Quote:
Additionally, the game will support downloadable tracks, including full albums; the first of these will be Who's Next by The Who, which will be made available shortly after the game's release.[17] Other Metallica tracks will be made available for download, as well.[18]

Every subsequent week after Rock Band's release, there will be new downloadable content.

And even more Metallica! The Who is in, though. :o

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This does seem awesome too, i think I will end up owning both Rock Band and Guitar Hero games. A great selection of music (finally some 'Tallica). Same goes for GH too though since they have gone all 80's on us.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You guys are never going to see me once this is released, I'm going to spend all day singing vocals on Tom Sawyer until I can sound like the guy from Rush.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pumped abotu Vasoline being in there. I'd like to see a White Stripes song on there. The drumming probably wouldn't be too difficult though. be a nice beginner song probably.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Speaking of Rock Band. It looks like the folks at Blizzard has come up with a nice take on the game.

Behold!

World of Rock Band

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

haha, oh lordy, someone has way too much free time now that they've reached level 70....
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not exactly the most creative name, is it?

Quote:

Hey, this is the first time MTV has done anything actually involving music in about 8 years. Hooray for them!

They did a drumming game of some sort a while back.

Also, the link doesnt work anymore due to Viacom's copyright whoring. Oh well, I guess that if I cant see the ad for it, I just wont have any reason to buy it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: