Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Happy 4th of July
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is now 10 pm where I am and it sounds like they're re-enacting the D-Day Normandy Beach Landings in my neighborhood. As much as I don't mind the firework going off in the air in burst of color, I really do not like hearing the M-80's and 100's which constantly go off. In addition to that I hear more than a fair amount of assualt rifle and pistol firings into the air.

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mine was a boring 4th. I didn't get to see any fireworks, watch anything explode, or enjoy the traditional enormous thunder storm that always seems to hit here at some point during the holiday. Skies were clear, no lightning battling with explosions this year.

I did, however, go over to my friend's house and spent a very long time lighting random things on fire.
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I worked from 7 am until 7:30 pm as there were complications at work so yeah that was fun...

overtime pay though for all that time so woot!

Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Philosopherking wrote:
I worked from 7 am until 7:30 pm as there were complications at work so yeah that was fun...

overtime pay though for all that time so woot!

Ahh. Now that's the true way to celebrate American Independence. :)

As for me, I watch local fireworks from my window. I actually hadn't planned on seeing any, but I could see the ones from the park from my window, which I did not expect. So I became a bit more 'patriotic' than I thought I would.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Happy belated Fourth of July to everyone who celebrated the holiday, I hope you all enjoyed yourselves!

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I basically sat around all day drinking beer. The early part of the day was spent watching the Rocky movies, because nothing says America like Rocky! Then I hung out with my friend and his wife and kids by the pool at their apartment complex, and then at night we went and watched some fireworks go off. Kept well hydrated the whole time, since it was over 100 degrees :)

~Uguu!~
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

People are STILL setting off fireworks here.
Yo, the 4th was YESTERDAY, yo!

My dogs and my horses hate fireworks. :( They scare my poor poopsies...

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

HarmonianHiccup wrote:
People are STILL setting off fireworks here.
Yo, the 4th was YESTERDAY, yo!

My dogs and my horses hate fireworks. :( They scare my poor poopsies...

People here started July 2nd, and are still going. It's kind of getting annoying at this point, seeing as there is no "patriotism" behind it. :*laugh*:

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know. It's just an excuse to light off fireworks--it doesn't MEAN anything anymore! (Listen to me, I sound like an old-timer...)

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/20201248/?qo=143&q=Fire+emblem&qh=b oost%3Apopular+age_sigma%3A24h+age_scale%3A5
Explains everything.

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: