Suikoden United and Illusional Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Happy 4th of July
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fireworks are illegal in the state of new york and I am sad. I'm going to sit here and drink my Earl Grey all day until I have to go to work.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I watch Wimbledon now to celebrate America's independence from Britain. How contradictory. Ah, well. I completely forgot today was July 4th, until my friend reminded me yesterday, that tomorrow was the day. *sigh* I completely lose track of time during the summer.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What is the US's obsession with fireworks?

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Angelus wrote:
What is the US's obsession with fireworks?

It's one of the few things louder than us.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Happy Fourth July to all us Yankees. As for why we're so obsessed with fireworks...

We Yankees have a genetic predisposition to liking things that go boom and blowing stuff up.

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:

We Yankees have a genetic predisposition to liking things that go boom and blowing stuff up

And pretty "oooh!" "aaah" colors too!

Happy Fourth everyone! I'm going to watch the big fireworks display that the high school holds each year. ^_^;;

Stay safe, y'all.

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet Assassin wrote:
Fireworks are illegal in the state of new york and I am sad. I'm going to sit here and drink my Earl Grey all day until I have to go to work.

That's it, drink the tea...

Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, here's a 4th of July riddle.

In New Jersey, you can only buy fireworks if you are not from the state. You must present ID. This is because it's illegal to set off fireworks in NJ. So, you would assume that someone from Deleware could go to NJ, get fireworks, and then bring them home to set off. Wrong. It is also illegal to cross state borders with fireworks.

So if I go from Philly to NJ, and buy fireworks, I cannot:

1: Set them off in NJ
2: Bring them back to Philly
3: Do anything with them

So, WHY SELL FIREWORKS IN NEW JERSEY?!

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Happy Independance Day, America.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Happy 4th of July to all the American members here on suikox.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Happy July 4th~! :o

Even though I'm overseas and it's already July 5th over here xp

I've been not in the US for it for practically every year =( I've forgotten how to celebrate it...sad?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Celes Tilly wrote:
Americaaaa... FUCK YEAH

Thanks for reminding me that I have to put that song on my iPod Celes! XD

Yeah, I just got done chowing down some mean burgers. Later tonight I'm going to show my little brother how to blow up firecrakers. 'Ya gotta love the 4th =D

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd just like to point out that the origin of the whole fireworks thing originates in the same way as the line "...and the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air..." from the national anthem. The fireworks were originally symbolic of the warfare and strife we had to endure in order to gain freedom and liberation from the English oppression (no offense to my British brothers and sisters! I love you guys!). Now they're just a celebratory thing...but boy, they're pretty! <3

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I Celebrated our Independence last night, and I have to get up and work early tomorrow so any further freedom celebrations are going to wait till this weekend. :-P.

Happy 4th Everyone!

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yay! I got rained on! Heavily! And we still got to see our fireworks. Haha, shows you how much we love our fireworks. We were hoping that one of them would get hit by lightning midair. That would've been pretty sweet. But it didn't. How disappointing. Anyone else get rained on?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: