Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Hail to the Ice baby!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Hail to the Ice baby! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Baby born from frozen egg

SO, what do you guys think this means for us? Obviously, this is a technical breakthrough. This can further help the problem of infertility, but do you see any type of media/religious backlash to occur because of this?

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it is a good thing, however, I do wonder what the side effects health-wise could be for the woman. I don't know enough about the subject to say--one must wonder how freezing an egg and then unfreezing it would effect things like possible complications to the in vitro process and then to the birth and/or baby itself, however.

Nevertheless, I think this is something that should certainly be persued, and is a blessing to women who cannot conceive on their own. I don't think there will be any more religious backlash on this subject than there is in regular in vitro fertilisation--although some people may feel they have a leg to stand on because of the unknown factor here.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This could be very very good for women who tend to have miscarriages (if you can call them that at so early a stage) within that first maturation period.
However, it concerns me that the maturation period is so truncated—just because it's faster doesn't mean it's better. Sometimes the length of time it takes for these things to happen is crucial to the developmental viability of the offspring.

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Educational All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: