Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What are you listening to?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bub

Sons of Thunder

59807 Potch
0 Soldiers
1894561 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kane of the Black Sea wrote:
At the moment I am listening to some song by a band called Muse. No idea what the song is, but its not bad.

Damn good band. One of my favorites of all time, actually. Absolution is one of my favorite albums of all time. I highly suggest picking it up.

Song: The Red Sea
Band: Isis
Album: The Red Sea
Year: 1998 I believe?
Style: Post-rock sludge metal.
Origin: California
Song Rating: 10/10
Album Rating: 10/10
Comments: I have been listening to Isis more than any other band as of late. Just an amazing band. I think this might be my favorite song by them as well. They put in quotes from David Lynch's The Hotel Room, which was a 3 -part series on HBO. It's really fitting. This is one of their heavier songs and albums, and it's just great. I highly recommend them.

Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bub, Oceanic is top 10 albums of all time material. If you dig Isis do be sure to pick up that one.

Song: Body of an American
Band: The Pogues
Album: Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash
Year: 1985
Style: Irish
Origin: England
Album Rating: 10+/10
Comments: Despite having only first heard them a month or two ago The Pogues have risen to be pretty definitely my all time favorite band. I can't imagine anything topping them. They are everything I've ever aspired to be musically.
Gemini

The Fashion Divas

165087 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Song: Wonderwall
Band: Oasis
Album: (What's the Story) Morning Glory?
Year: 1995
Style: British Rock/ Post-Punk (i think :? )
Song Rating: 8/10
Album Rating: 9/10
Comments: Oasis always have been one of my favourite bands, British Bands always inspire me ... I like this song best, It set me in a I-don't-give-a-damn mood! ... but the lyrics are totally different, ... The lyrics are great too ... the expression of a feeling to someone
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Song: Turkish Song of the Damned
Band: The Pogues
Album: If I Should Fall from Grace with God
Year: 1988
Style: Irish
Album Rating: 10+/10
Comments: Well what do you know? I'm listening to The Pogues again. This has become pretty much routine fare for me every single night. I can't get enough of these guys.

Earlier tonight I hit up ( ) and Ágætis Byrjun by Sigur Rós, Nightfall in Middle-Earth by Blind Guardian, and lo and behold another Pogues album.
Mr. Geddoe

The Ghost Army

333054 Potch
380 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Song: Through These Eyes
Band: Social Distortion
Album: White Light, White Heat, White Trash
Year: 1996
Style: Punk Rock
Origin: US
Song Rating: 8.5/10
Album Rating: 9.5/10
Comments: Typical Social D song I guess. Sounds like a rant of an old man late at night in a bar, mumbling about what he's been through.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Song: Untitled 3 (Samskeyti)
Band: Sigur Rós
Album: ( )
Year: 2002
Style: post-rock
Origin: Iceland
Comments: ( ) has, since the day of its release, been my favorite non-Christmas winter album. I don't know if the band had a seasonal theme in mind or not, but to me it goes hand in hand with a snowy day in December. When Christmas is in the aire I commonly fall back on this album. #3 is my favorite track off of it. All the others I'd give between 6 and 8 out of 10, but as a whole ambient piece the album scores a 9.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Song: Godot - The Fragrance of Dark Coffee
Band: Noriyuki Iwadare
Album: Gyakuten Saiban 3 Original Soundtrack
Year: 2004
Style: Slow jazz (synthesised)
Origin: Japan
Album Rating: 8/10
Comments: While the Ace Attorney series by this third incarnation leans a bit on past games for music cues, the Gyakuten Saiban 3 Original Soundtrack is still made a great album with the notable new tracks it does contain including the most dramatic court suite music yet, a new remix of an old classic (Pursuit ~ Cornered 2004) and this track.

Available in full jazz and symphonic versions elsewhere, the original jazz synthesised version of Godot - The Fragrance of Dark Coffee is a fantastic soulful piece that manages to subtly capture everything about the Godot character without you even realising it.

I don't normally subscribe an emotional value to music, but Godot - The Fragrance of Dark Coffee is a fantastically emotional piece for what it is. I would find this a good, maybe great, piece of music without having been introduced to the Godot character but if you have, or even better if you've finished his story, then you know why this piece of music is as great as I claim it to be.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Kai Ver' Xion

The Ebon Elite

356999 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Song: Heart of the Sunrise
Band: Yes
Album: (Fragile )
Year: 1972
Style: Art Rock
Comments: My all time favorite song. It's a complete masterpiece.
Bub

Sons of Thunder

59807 Potch
0 Soldiers
1894561 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Song: Like A Goddamn Rat
Band: Early Man
Album: Closing In
Year: 2005
Style: Classic Epic Metal
Origin: Ohio
Comments: Absolutely incredible metal duo from Ohio. They were raised Pentacostal, and only started listening to metal when they were 19 (I guess they weren't allowed until then). They instantly fell in love with the classics. Sabbath, Motorhead, Judas Priest, etc. They toured with Mastodon for a while.

Top notch metal. Just top notch. These guys, and Earthride, are basically the only two bands I have been listening to lately. Good metal with no gimmicks...just great guitar work and cool vocals. I highly recommend this to anyone that likes metal as a whole, or to those that dig the old styles of metal.

Kai Ver' Xion

The Ebon Elite

356999 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Song: Push It
Band: Static X
Album: Wisconsin Death Trip
Year: 1999
Style: Metal
Origin: ?
Song Rating: 7/10
Comments: Song I use to listen to back in like my freshmen year of high school when I was a real metal head. Amazing album for anyone who likes their style of metal. I honestly use to listen to it almost everyday when I had free time at school. (aka bus stop, lunch ect.)
Chimei Star

Crescent Moon Gunners

112245 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Song: Ommadawn (part one)
Artist: Mike Oldfield
Album: Ommadawn
Year: 1975 (remastered in 2003)
Style: Celtic / Progressive Rock
Song Rating: 8/10
Comments: This is a really good piece of music to listen to if you're into that sort of thing. The music itself is split into two halves, each being 15+ minutes (this first part is 19:22 itself). Every so often during the listen, the music will change style and play out a different tune.

I'm not good at explaining, so.. There's a live version in three parts there.

Ommadawn (part one) 1/3
Ommadawn (part one) 2/3
Ommadawn (part one) 3/3
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Song: I Am Legend - Out for Blood
Artist: Arch Enemy
Album: Doomsday Machine
Style: Melodic Death Metal
Origin: Halmstad, Sweden
Song Rating: 9/10

Comments: Now I am not one to usually like Death Metal, in fact I find standard Death Metal really hard to listen to. It seems as if there is little point to it and its just random screaming and thrashing of guitars. AE are however different, despite having the evil death metal vocals (though there is something about Angela Gossow's I really like) they have very talented band members.
Michael Amott wanted to fuse melody with the aggression of death metal, he does a very good job and the band are one of my most favourite. Brilliantly aggressive with unforgetable guitar riffs.

Song: Assault of the Silver Dragons (Final Fantasy IX)
Artist: The Black Mages
Album: Darkness and Starlight
Style: Proggressive Rock/Game Covers
Origin: Japan

Comments: One of Nobuo Uematsu's bands new tracks, it is taken from FF 9 during the scene where the airship heads into the a swarm of Silver Dragons. Like most songs, it adds a new spin to the original track and in many ways improving it.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bub

Sons of Thunder

59807 Potch
0 Soldiers
1894561 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Song: Midnight In The Jungle
Artist: Red Aunts
Album: Ghetto Blaster
Style: Raunchy female punk scum rock.
Origin: California

Comments: I really started to get into the angsty female punk/garage scene of the late 80s, early 90s...and the Red Aunts are at the top of the list. Great, grungy gritty eff off punk/garage sound. Tough, simple but distinct riffs. Great attitude. I wish I was in California at the time these bands were around. If you dig the Red Aunts, I also suggest The Gits, Babes In Toyland.

Song: Mandatory Bed Rest
Artist: Made Out Of Babies
Album: Coward
Style: Metal/Post-Metal
Origin: Brooklyn, New York
Song Rating: 7/10

Comments: And now for the female-lead metal band. Incredible stuff. This album was nominated as best metal album in 2006 from most every credible source. Remind me a bit of an Isis feel, with a more punk influence. Or thrash. Anyways...one of my favorite bands I have found in the past year. This particular song is probably my least favorite on the album. Listen to Silverback. Intense.

blue_moon_black_heart

18236 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Song: Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed
Artist: David Bowie
Album: Collection
Style: Awesomeness
Origin:

Bowie is a god!!! both musically and also lyrically. Is there anything the guy cant do???? Hmmmm,

I htink i may put on the smiths next.
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Song: Too much,too young,too fast
Artist: Airbourne
Album:Runnin' Wild
Style: Rock and Roll
Origin: Australia

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22

Jump to: