Suikoden United and Infamous Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What are you listening to?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm listening to the new Mayhem album Ordo Ad Chao. As far as Black Metal goes, The True Mayhem have never really been one of my favourites, but I still liked them. This album is pretty good, some very atmospheric songs, but nothing to really write home about. Certainly, nothing quite as good as Funeral Fog or something though.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Squirrel King

The Black Capes

15812 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lately I've been listening to the August Rush and Across the universe Soundtracks. With a bit of Dropkick Murphy and Floggin' Molly thrown in.
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I recently got Jordin Sparks' CD. Right now, I'm listening to a couple of her songs. "Freeze" and "Shy Boy".
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good call on The Shins, Gil. Wincing the Night Away is actually by a narrow margin my favorite of their albums, both because it contains an evolution in their sound and because just about every track (Sleeping Lessons, Australia, Phantom Limb, Sea Legs, Spilt Needles, Black Wave and Turn on Me) stand out for different reasons. It will someday be classic.

Song: Vision of Division
Artist: The Strokes
Album: First Impressions of Earth (2006)
Style: NYC Garage Rock
Origin: New York City
Rating: 9/10
Comments: I hesitate to call it 'NYC Garage Rock' because First Impressions really represents a shift in The Strokes from more of a hard, tough sound like you'd hear in a bar to a stadium friendly band. Still, while not my favorite album by them, it contains three of my favorite songs by them (this one plus the singles; the wonderful You Only Live Once and the churling Heart in a Cage) so it still comes out a winner. The best way to describe this song is stripped down and mean, with a badass guitar riff and a solo by Albert Hammond Jr. I don't care if he only plays rhythm; The Strokes wouldn't be half the band without him.

Song: Purple Rain
Artist: Prince
Album: Purple Rain (1984)
Style: Funk Balladry
Origin: Minneapolis
Comments: Why? Because it's raining out and my posts use a ton of purple prose.
Axis

8709 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Night by Park Ki Young. It's got a piano playing in the background.
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm trying this band called Porcupine Tree. Celes showed it to me. It's not bad so far.
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Flare wrote:
I'm trying this band called Porcupine Tree. Celes showed it to me. It's not bad so far.

You should talk to my friend, he is a huge PT fan and loves all sorts of progressive music. :)

Song: Rusty Nail (X-Japan Cover)
Artist: Dragonland
Album: Starfall (Special Japanese Edition)
Style: Power Metal
Origin: Sweden
Comments: A cover of one of X-Japan's songs off the Dahlia album, Dragonland have made the song a more power metal based song as opposed to X-Japan's Hard Rock approach. Personally I am glad they did as its nice to see a cover version where the band want to try something different. The vocals are very good (most european singers sound silly singing japanese lyrics). It is a solid song though it falls short of the original which i prefer for the awesomely tricky guitar solo and toshi's unique vocals.

Song: 18 and Life
Artist: Skid Row
Album: Skid Row (Self Named)
Style: Hard Rock
Origin: USA
Comments: One of Skid Row's most famous songs, its definately one to get the lighter out for. Skid Row were lucky enough to have one of my favourite vocalists at one stage (Sebastian Bach). A classic tune if ever there was one :)

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Song: Everywhere I Go
Artist: Katharine McPhee
Album: Katharine McPhee
Style: Pop/R&B
Origin: United States
Rating: 8/10
Comments: It's a pop song that has an R&B twist to it. The beats and melodies are very R&B, which is what I like. However, it does have a pop-like feel to it, which is fine and dandy by me. It's a very beautiful song, and I like the message it gives. It reminds me of a past relationship a lot.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Bub

Sons of Thunder

59807 Potch
0 Soldiers
1894561 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Flare wrote:

Pretty good band. I'm surprised to hear of people on this board knowing of them. Really cool, interesting sound.

Song: Burnout
Artist: Electric Wizard
Album: Supercoven
Style: Stoner/Doom Metal
Origin: England
Comments: Basically I have been listening to Electric Wizard, Sleep, and Isis as of late. Minus the last band, it's all been stoner doom metal. I would have to say that the best band in this category would be Electric Wizard. Often noted as "the heaviest band in the universe," I'm not sure what other bands can compete with it. Absolutely brutal great effing sludgy metal. I can listen to these guys for days.

fatalis

57507 Potch
9 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bub wrote:
Basically I have been listening to Electric Wizard, Sleep, and Isis as of late.

I got to see Isis open for Tool earlier this year, they had a pretty cool flair to their sound that I liked. I should get some of their material and listen to it.

Song: Antisaint
Artist: Chevelle
Album: Vena Sera
Style: Alternative
Origin: Chicago, United States
Comments: If you've listened to other Chevelle albums, I pretty much give this one a thumbs up. I don't personally think it is as good as their last album, but it doesn't feel like they changed their style or lost their sound in the three years between releases. If you haven't heard much of Chevelle starting with this album would be a good way to start.
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Edit: If you're getting in to Porcupine Tree, a pox upon you if you don't try out In Absentia. If I ever blow my brains out it will be to Collapse the Light into Earth. >_>

Song: If I Should Fall from Grace with God
Band: The Pogues
Album: If I Should Fall from Grace with God
Year: 1988
Style: Irish
Origin: England
Song Rating: 10/10
Album Rating: 10+/10
Comments: The Pogues are probably the greatest band that's ever existed. No, really. I've been able to say that twice now this year. For the past four, maybe five years my all-time favorite bands have been mostly stagnant: Blind Guardian, Nokturnal Mortum, The Decemberists, The Clarks, and Yasunori Mitsuda displaced Radiohead, Tool, Sigur Ros, Pearl Jam, and Nobuo Uematsu in 2002~2003 and stayed on top up until lately. 2007 has granted me the pleasure of at last augmenting that list to accommodate Alcest and The Pogues. If I Should Fall from Grace with God is a perfect album by a perfect band.
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am currently listening to the theme of Segata Sanshiro. It is made of win and makes me hope that Sega is really making a Dreamcast 2.

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am currently listening to one of the main themes from Kidou Senshi Mobile Suit Gundam : Char's Counterattack. The theme in question is TM Network's Beyond the Time.

Return that soul to God.
Kane of the Black Sea

Pilage and Plunder

77740 Potch
208 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At the moment I am listening to some song by a band called Muse. No idea what the song is, but its not bad.

Nameless Lands : Chikei - Avenging Star
Sig art by ardPSiko

All I want out of Life it to be a monkey of moderate intelligence who wears a suit.
Zieg

15988 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm currently shifting between Tool, Kyuss, Damien Rice and The Mars Volta... no fav. songs in particular.

Thanks for reminding me of Porcupine Tree by the way
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22

Jump to: