Suikoden Unique and Infamous Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Do you think Jillia was pregnant?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's possible, but since Queen never mentioned having a whiny brat to feed, I don't think it's likely.

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Masa wrote:
It's possible, but since Queen never mentioned having a whiny brat to feed, I don't think it's likely.

Queen isn't Jillia in any way shape or form so that has nothing to do with it.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
Masa wrote:

Queen isn't Jillia in any way shape or form so that has nothing to do with it.

I think Masa was just making a joke refering to this theory.
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you can please look at it. You will see that it was one hand. She stood up and held/touch her belly with 1 hand. I am well aware that her default pose is the pious "hands together on the lap" sprite but the best ending showed that she only used 1 hand. Her sprite did not change back to her default pious pose and their copulation may have happened a lot of times even before Joey contemplated abdicating the throne.
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed well that doesn't nessesarily indicate that she is with child. She could have been nervous, her stomach in knots. Have you ever been so worried that you felt naucious? If there was ever a time to be nervous it would be while you're life and livlihood was coming down around you, you're home sacked friends and family killed out in the streets and husband out on the front not sure if he'd return.

Or she could have just gotten her belly button pierced and it was still a little tender.

I hate you Onimaru.
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A belly ring? I guess. After all those highland women with their loose morals are surely game for such self mutilation/beautification :)

Last edited by ferrouslupusrex on Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is an interesting theory, maybe you could write a few points on it and turn it into a speculation? If she was pregnant, perhaps it was the baby who was used by the Highland loyalists to stage the High-East Rebellion? It would be unlikely they try to without a candidate for the monarchy.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I definitely don't think that Jillia was pregnant at all. There are a few reasons as to why I think that way.

1. The Dunan Unification War.
From the moment when Jowy married Jillia, until the moment of their goodbyes, the Dunan Unification War was going on. During the war, I don't think Jowy would think of making babies when there's a country to run, and a war to win. I can understand if he was expected to have someone to continue the Blight family bloodline, but at the same time, there was no reason at all for him to hurry when there is a more pressing matter to attend.

2. Jowy's age.
We don't really know his exact age, but we can speculate that he was in his late teens during the Dunan Unification War. While there's no direct information to say that teenagers can't have babies in Suikoden world, I think it's quite reasonable to assume that teenagers aren't portrait to be having babies in Suikoden world.

3. The Marriage.
Was it out of love? Or was it purely strategic move by Mr. Atreides? For me, it was a combination of both. It wasn't exactly love, but it was more like he had a crush on her when he was a boy and then he was in position of marrying her. The marriage was definitely a strategic move too as it would ensure that Jowy would be on the throne once Luca is out of the picture. So while I believe it's a bit of combination between love and strategy, the strategic part seems to be the more dominant factor among the two.

4. What's the purpose of having babies?
In relation to point number 1, there was a war going on. Jowy might've planned to win, but he was under no circumstance thinking that Riou would just give up and end the war right there and then with Highland as the victor. With the war still going on when the marriage happened, having a baby would be beneficial or a mistake depending on the outcome of the war. If Highland won, then having a baby would be a good thing as there will be a Blight successor in the future. But if Highland won, that means Jowy would have time to make babies later on after the victory is secured. There is no reason for him to hurry himself in making babies. Now if Highland lost, Jowy wouldn't have wanted to have a successor in fear of the future as he would prefer the Blight family line to end with him. Knowing that Highland might still lose the war, I don't think that Jowy would go for having babies too quick.

5. Jillia in Harmonia.
At the end when Jowy, Riou, and Nanami peeked at Jillia in Harmonia, she was clearly not gaining any weight to indicate her carrying a baby inside her. Considering that it should've been at least a few months since the wedding, change in physical appearance should be noticable by then. I don't believe that making babies would be done near to the goodbyes as by that time, Highland was starting to lose the war. Jowy would've been more and more reluctant with the idea of having a baby when he knew that the war wouldn't be won as easily as he thought. So if there was such act of making babies, it must've been done early in their marriage which should've led into Jillia getting larger in physique when she was in Harmonia. Such thing simply didn't happen.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interesting points Aurelien, but I think some of them can't really be applied to Highland.

Aurelien wrote:
During the war, I don't think Jowy would think of making babies when there's a country to run, and a war to win. I can understand if he was expected to have someone to continue the Blight family bloodline, but at the same time, there was no reason at all for him to hurry when there is a more pressing matter to attend.

Whilst there was a war going on, it is not exactly like there is absolutely no time for Jowy and Jilia to be alone. If anything I would think that the recent deaths of Agares and Luca Blight would have made the Kingdom more anxious for Jowy to produce and heir to the throne after Jilia.

Aurelien wrote:
2. Jowy's age.
We don't really know his exact age, but we can speculate that he was in his late teens during the Dunan Unification War. While there's no direct information to say that teenagers can't have babies in Suikoden world, I think it's quite reasonable to assume that teenagers aren't portrait to be having babies in Suikoden world.

Many beaurocracies actively encourage their monarchs to get an heir as soon as possible. Many Kings and Queens have had babies in what is classed as their "teenage years," it is seen as a way of securing the country's future for a generation. Since Highland's emphasis on it's blood line is so strong, I don't think it is a jump at all to say that Jowy and Jilia could have consumated their marriage very early on.

Aurelien wrote:
5. Jillia in Harmonia.
At the end when Jowy, Riou, and Nanami peeked at Jillia in Harmonia, she was clearly not gaining any weight to indicate her carrying a baby inside her. Considering that it should've been at least a few months since the wedding, change in physical appearance should be noticable by then. I don't believe that making babies would be done near to the goodbyes as by that time, Highland was starting to lose the war. Jowy would've been more and more reluctant with the idea of having a baby when he knew that the war wouldn't be won as easily as he thought. So if there was such act of making babies, it must've been done early in their marriage which should've led into Jillia getting larger in physique when she was in Harmonia. Such thing simply didn't happen.

The problem with this point is we have no clue when Riou, Nanami and Jowy visited Jilia and Pilika in Harmonia after the war. It literally could've been days depending on where in Harmonia as Highland is on the border with it. A case for the "Jowy would've been more reluctant as the war went on" part is that they may have consumated the marriage soon after Agares died. Then again it is mostly my personal belief that she isn't pregnant, I like to think there is a chance as Konami have left a few minor clues and intentionally made that part of the story a grey area.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna, I don't mean to say that Jowy and Jillia never had time to be alone. My point is that making babies is not a priority from Jowy's point of view when there's a war going on. Jowy likes to make long-term plan. He switched side to Highland after being captured after already planning that he would get to Luca's good side, then betrayed him, then killed him, then succeeded him as the new king of Highland. That's the whole plan and it was a success.

Now apply the same method of planning when it comes to having a successor during a war. If you think about it, the long-term plan about having a successor or not having a successor would largely depend on whether Highland win the war, or lose the war. This is something that Jowy can't be really sure of that he could pull easily. Though he'd like to think that Highland would win the war once he got the throne, he knew that they haven't won yet. Trying to have a successor when the war hadn't been won would be a blunder for his long-term plan. That's why I think he wouldn't have been too hasty to do so. If Highland was losing, his plan included of "killing" Jillia so that he was the only Blight remaining. If Highland really lost, his plan included of sending Jillia away to a new country with a new identity so that in public's eyes, Jowy would still be the only Blight remaining. Having a successor would easily ruin that plan as Jowy wanted the Blight family line to end there if Highland lost. Ending Blight family line is very important in Jowy's mind for Dunan to achieve peace so that there is no rebellion or whatnot after Jowston won the Dunan Unification War.

No matter how many people would try to encourage Jowy-Jillia to have an heir as quick as possible, I don't think Jowy could be forced to do so just because other people wanted him to do that. His plan would not include trying to make babies ASAP. He would know that if he won the war, then there would be time for that later on. If he lost the war, it would've been better that there was no heir yet at that time. Regardless of the outcome of the war, having a heir could definitely wait in his plan.

Quote:
The problem with this point is we have no clue when Riou, Nanami and Jowy visited Jilia and Pilika in Harmonia after the war. It literally could've been days depending on where in Harmonia as Highland is on the border with it. A case for the "Jowy would've been more reluctant as the war went on" part is that they may have consumated the marriage soon after Agares died.

I've covered the part that is underlined in my previous post that you quoted. The underlined part would then become the basis as to why Jillia's physique would've changed by the time Jowy, Riou, and Nanami were peeking in Harmonia.

I'll explain in an easier points:
1. Consumate Early
Possible because Highland was winning at that time. But because it's early, by the time she was in Harmonia, it would've been many months after the baby was made. Hence, physique should've changed. But physique did not change. So it would be more likely that Jillia wasn't pregnant.
2. Consumate Late
This means that Jillia's physique shouldn't change yet by the time that Jowy, Riou, and Nanami visited Harmonia. But doing it late would be very unlikely because by that time, Highland was already losing. And if Highland really lost, it would be more beneficial for Jowy to have no heir than to have one. Therefore, I believe that Jowy would've avoided making babies.

Quote:
I like to think there is a chance as Konami have left a few minor clues and intentionally made that part of the story a grey area.

Personally, I think it's not grey at all. You're right that Konami might've left a few clues about the matter, but at the same time, I believe that Jowy already had everything planned when it comes to an heir. He knew that by being the King, he was expected to have heir to continue the Blight family line. But at the same time, he is not a real Blight, and he doesn't really care that much about Highland. For him, what matters the most at that time was the Dunan Unificiation War that can have 2 outcome.

1. Highland wins.
The ideal outcome for him. Highland would win. He would rule with iron fist. Dunan area would be at peace as no one would dare to rebel. Peace retained. Then he can have babies if he wanted to. The heir would then continue to rule with iron fist to ensure the peace forever kept in Dunan.

2. Jowston wins.
Not the ideal outcome for him. Jowston would win. Jowston would rule not with iron fist. Possible rebellion to occur. Even worse rebellion would occur if there's a Blight heir. Jowy didn't want that to happen. So lessen the chance of rebellion (and therefore, prolonging the peace), it is important to have no Blight remaining. Having an heir would not be a good idea if this happened.

Remember that in the end, both Riou and Jowy wanted to bring peace to Dunan. Even in his defeat, Jowy would still do whatever he could to make peace in Dunan. Sending Jillia away with new identity and not having an heir too soon before the war ended would definitely be a plausible precaution that he took to do this.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am going to replay the whole thing again and get all the qoutes, screenshots and clips necessary to validate this speculation.

BTW the higheast rebellion was what 5 years before the 2nd grasslands war? Jowy's child would have been roughly 10 but Harmonia would not need that particular information to invade Highland. They had designs for highland as suspected by Shu saying that the help by Harmonia would require a high price.
Sir Kan of Grassland

Magicians of Lordlake

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do not think that she was pregnant cause they offer cut open her belly and that would have killed the baby.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That wasn't Jillia, it was a dummy.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Geddoe-9

The pahtless dude

156000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They had sex at the last scene. at least thats what i want them to do
Master McDohl

Toran Liberation Army

100000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jowy and Jillia Blight had no heir at any time we followed their lives. They may still have plans for a child now that the child would no longer be considered an heir ( unless the Highland Kingdom magically rose once again from dust ). During a time of war it's beyond stupid to try and make an heir with your spouse. What if the day after she tells you she's pregnant your nation is hit with three crushing defeats, and your enemy has allied with another nation?

Things like that can't be helped, and things like that shouldn't be in the picture when you're talking about raising a child. Jowy knew that; he was a smooth plot maker and excellent at making plans. I actually am inclined to say that having a child was the last thing on his mind after he killed Luca and took the throne for his own. Not to say that Jillia wasn't on his mind. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: