Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Do you think Jillia was pregnant?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Do you think Jillia was pregnant? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think so. If you actually look very carefully at the best ending, you will see that Jowy left after checking up on Jillia and Pilika. Pilika sensed his presence and ran towards the gate. Jillia, also sensing Jowy, stood up but was sensible enough not to run towards the gate because of her delicate condition (indicated by her touching her belly).

Sadly the impact of that scene was not fully fleshed out because of the fact it was done in 2 dimensions only and the sprites were a little too tiny to emphasize Jillia's pregnancy.

Besides with the whole fade to black scene when Jowy was telling Pilika and Jillia to flee, this would be indicative that they 'did the nasty' (hohoho).

So now the question is (basing on that little scene on the end), will we be seeing another Blight in the future?

Probably. Your thoughts on this speculation would be appreciated.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Try to make your topic title a little more descriptive. A long title just gets cut off and no one knows what you meant.

As for the speculation, I doubt it. A fade out doesn't mean that they had sex and given the situation at hand, I don't think it was the most appropriate action at the time. Highland was over, L'renouille had fallen, and any minute now the Dunan troops were going to storm into the palace and fight the Beast Rune. Definitely sets the mood for me, but maybe not everyone else.

Could they have done it before? Possibly, after all, they were married some time before this and it is customary. But even though Jowy had a crush on her since they were young, whether at that point he was too focused on his tasks to bother is another issue altogether. He did use her as a means to an end and was indicated to be rather cold towards her until the final scene.

There's any number of reasons that Jillia would have touched her stomach. One cannot just jump to the conclusion that she was pregnant because of it and expect it to hold. Some people cross their arms, others put their hands on their hips, so it's also possible that it's a habit of Jillia's. Maybe a new ab workout was doing wonders?

Conceivable theory though, but nothing conclusive.

Quote:
this would be indicative that they 'did the nasty' (hohoho).

Try to be a little more mature about it ok? It's hard to take a theory seriously when the author is giggling at the thought.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interesting question.

I think it could be possible that Jillia is pregnant. Although I think that it is unlikely Jowy and Jillia had conceived right after the marriage ceremony as Agares had just died. However during the times when the Highland Kingdom retreats back into it's original pre-war borders would've seemed like a more appropriate and plausible time period.

As for Jillia having her hand on her stomach, thats unlikely as a lot of the women in the game are shown having their hands joined together around the waist, it is just how the sprites were designed. That is how I see it though.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Plus her stomach might still be a bit sore after the 'sacrafic' scene :mrgreen:
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Goldy wrote:
Plus her stomach might still be a bit sore after the 'sacrafic' scene :mrgreen:

The German version says something along the lines that it was only a doll... but it could be another error with the translation.

Edit: I could have sworn that the smiley wasn't there, which made me believe his statement was meant seriously... My mistake.

The Fool

Last edited by Eden on Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, it's described as a doll in the Japanese and English version, and Goldy was likey just joking.
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

The German version says something along the lines that it was only a doll... but it could be another error with the translation.

Jowy did use a doll for it. I think what he said to Culgan was 'Clean up the doll'.

While your theory might be true, it's mainly based on circumstanstial evidence. When I first saw that fade to darkness scene, I had also assumed that something happened during that time, but when you think about it, we don't actually know how long did that scene last, and Konami's well known for messing with our heads anyway. Besides that, fading to black is a common way to close a scene and it doesn't need to have anything to do with 'covering up something'.

As for Jillia clutching her stomach, keep in mind that this is a pixelated game. She's always been doing that from the time I've seen her, and I think her manner of holding her hands was something typical for a person of her rank.

I wonder if there was any good reason why Jowy would have wanted to make Jillia pregnant in the first place, especially since the scene takes place after he tells them to run away. Perhaps one could argue that he wanted her to have a child, but the very idea sounds strange, since she already has Pilika.

Even if Jillia was pregnant, I doubt that we will be seeing another Blight. I'd think that she would discourage her child from trying to restore the glory of Highland, since she would have thought that it would be what Jowy wanted as well.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jowy himself says that when he asks Riou to kill him that he was the last Blight (which, technically was a lie) and that there would always be loyalists who'd try to revive the Kingdom as long as he lived. I don't think Jowy would go against that and create an heir who could possibly cause a lot of hardship in Dunan.
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know about you guys, but from personal experience creating a baby isn't always something planned. and something tells me that "protection" wasn't rightly available in the Suikoden world. But I never considered that her touching her stomach could be indictive of her being pregnant. I suppose it would be conceivable. I always saw Jowy as proud and wanting to jump above his station, honestly with the mindset of a bastard in a noble household he would want to prove his step-father wrong by climbing the ranks of Highland society right up to the most elite. With that mentality I could see him WANTING to impregnant Jillia, to cement his right to throne and establish himself without a doubt as a member of the Highland monarchy. Not to mention he's had a thing for her since he was a kid, it's not out of the question but I don't think they left any hints in the game via the spites actions or fading out a scene. Good eye though, there could be something there - I guess only time will tell when we get a post suikoden 2 game.

I hate you Onimaru.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eden, yeah i was joking! Hence the smiley. :wink:
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also, considering how Highland Kingdom is a very traditional and stereotypical monarchy, a new royal couple would be expected to produce offspring as soon as they get married. In the case of Jowy and Jillia, they were wedded when Highland Kingdom still had the upper hand militarily, and thus Jowy wouldn't have been thinking about "being the last Blight." Also, he was only speaking figuratively under that circumstance as well, because Jillia was indeed alive (although she would be living in Harmonia under a new identity).

Of course, there's no official info that says she was expecting, nor any info that disproves that either, so this is all up to speculation.
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quite frankly I find the idea that they had sex at that the good-bye scene to be retarded.

Not only is it a mystery how the hell they could even evacuate at that time when the Alliance Army has already breached the inner sanctum of the Royal Palace and surrounded the city no less, but now you're gonna say that they felt this was an oppertune moment for a quickie?

Yeah, that seems like an ideal moment, especially with Pilika in the next room expecting Jillia to come out any moment for them to go to Harmonia ready to pop her head in at any time.

Huge turn-ons there.

Considering that the time when Jowy visit thems in Harmonia is at most 2 months later it's doubtful she'd even be showing yet and your idea that she's patting her belly is pure speculation on your part.

If, and I extremly doubt it , she was pregnant it certainly wasn't concieved at the good-bye scene.

And if you're going to speculate, don't begin with stating you theory as fact.
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dude, don't knock it till you try it. Danger is an aphrodisiac!

btw, why the heck did Jowy send Jillia and Pilika to Harmonia in the first place? His best friend was the enemy commander, a friend who would do almost anything for Jowy. Why rush her out? What was riou going to do? Break in and murder them both???? Whynot just fight, lose, then ask Riou to take care of Pilika and Jillia, or heck...even ask Riou to send the two off, no need to get all special-ops and sneak them out. Talk about over dramatic, I hate Jowy.

I hate you Onimaru.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jowy erased them from existence so that no one would think any more Blights were alive. Remember that the public think Jillia was sacrificed to the Beast Rune, plus Pilika is not of royal blood so she has little importance.
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

btw, why the heck did Jowy send Jillia and Pilika to Harmonia in the first place? His best friend was the enemy commander, a friend who would do almost anything for Jowy. Why rush her out? What was riou going to do? Break in and murder them both???? Whynot just fight, lose, then ask Riou to take care of Pilika and Jillia, or heck...even ask Riou to send the two off, no need to get all special-ops and sneak them out. Talk about over dramatic, I hate Jowy.

Because like it or not Jillia Blight would have been able to lay claim to the throne, and she wouldn't have been safe. If you were in the same position, would you leave your wife's life in the hands of another person when you could take measures to ensure her survival yourself? Best friends or not, Jowy had the opportunity to ensure the safety of both of them, and he took it. I would have done the same.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: