Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Do you hate Snowe? <possible spoilers>
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you hate that wimp?
Yes, I hate him with the white hot intensity of 1000 suns.
40%
 40%  [ 58 ]
No, hes ok.
59%
 59%  [ 86 ]
Total Votes : 144

pink rain

Bitchslappers

49204 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i couldn't get into his character. when his whining wasn't making me completely insane with rage, his closeness to Jowy was. I liked Jowy; he was alright, but then he completely started to annoy me -- though I *do* see the importance of his character, Snowe's as well.

It's just so hard to like the guy while you're playing. Now that I haven't really played suikodenIV in a while, he doesn't really bother me too much, understanding his part in the game and why he is like he is. I get it, I just don't like him >_>;
and then for those five times,
I'd fall in love with the same person
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I realy love him, because of his character. He is just human, a coward at first but he changes more and more. Though I really liked to have him more active in some events on the good side.
pink rain

Bitchslappers

49204 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

he really was good to see how someone could change in situations like that, it was very realistic -- they didn't make him some automatic "iron man" when it came to emotions in situations.

still something about him bothered me. But like I said, only WHEN i play it. I don't get it, myself.
Duke Gallison

13428 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Snowe, in my opinion, was probably the most detestable RPG character ever, and his voice didn't really help...he did stand as a very strong foil to Lazlo, though.
Howling Voice

Destroyer of Life

9195 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes I hate his whiney ass attitude but he kicks ass in battle.

Really though if he was as weak in battle as he is in personality I woulda executed him. *cruel* =P

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Suikoden 4 was put together better i would have liked to seem more fights between him and lazlo.

he was what 1 out of only 4 generals who you fight only 1 time?
pink rain

Bitchslappers

49204 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

geez his voice made him detestable by that alone.
i don't know; i hated him since the whole "MY ARM. MY ARM" bit. come on Snowe.

he DOES kick ass in battle, which kinda... sucks that i have to give him props for that haha. he did have his moments but... ehn. I'm just as happy without him.
blight2345432

Magicians of Gregminster

6795 Potch
66 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

he was one of my favorite characters the second time through the first time through i didn't get all 108 stars so i just assumed he died in the mutiny that i had assumed had taken place and i really didn't care but when the main character didn't wake up in my ending i imdiately played through again and got snowe because i wasn't ready to deal with him dying also i never recruited ted who i was unaware was in the game and i found out about him on a forum so having played them all inorder i was excited enough to play through again just to see ted
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I pity that the revival of their friendship, when you recruit Snowe wasnt deeper or story related. After all the events, when you recruit him later on, he was just there and apologises. Not enough for me
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found Snowe Vingerhut to be a pretty interesting character. The fact that some people don't really get him, in my eyes, is the fault of the creative team behind Suikoden IV. Everything else was rushed, so why not Snowe's character development, you know? In any case, I gathered that Snowe felt a lot of pressure to please his father. Look at Snowe's speech pattern pretty much everytime he speaks to Lord Vingerhut in the game. Very nervous, some stuttering, and just looking as if he's trying his best to look strong in his old man's eyes. He even admits, when he finally joins the 108 stars, that he knew he was weak all along. He just couldn't bring himself to dissapoint dear old dad. That's how I read into it, anyway. Does that make him weak? Does that make him a cretin? Yeah, pretty much. It also makes him one of the more human characters in the series, in my opinion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: